It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Between Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 1-Cent

Thank you for sharing. I envy your organization's remaining concept of morality.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
reply to post by 1-Cent

Thank you for sharing. I envy your organization's remaining concept of morality.

I hope we actually plan on doing something with it, I mean we discussed the problem but discussion is where it stands right now. I guess acknowledging there is a problem is the first step towards solving it...

I can't even begin to envision possible solutions, I think the only one would be a change in the patriot act. I can hardly see us going around and cutting fiber links that cross the 49th parallel

At least maybe it will put further pressure on the government when it starts to realize it's friends are getting few and far between.

Corporations are kind of like ATS, in that they're quick to get up in arms over something but slow to individually do anything about it...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Here is what I dont understand. Call me an ignorant Canuck if you like but I still dont get this.

If everyone has always been so anti Bush then how did he get elected 2 times? Why hasnt he been impeeched?

Time after time there have been things coming up everywhere either showing the incompetence or underhandedness of Bush... yet he is still there.

Can someone explain?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tybrus
Here is what I dont understand. Call me an ignorant Canuck if you like but I still dont get this.

If everyone has always been so anti Bush then how did he get elected 2 times? Why hasnt he been impeeched?

Time after time there have been things coming up everywhere either showing the incompetence or underhandedness of Bush... yet he is still there.

Can someone explain?

I hear ya man. A Yankee can probably explain it better, it has to do with their voting system, with the whole delegate/super-delegate/popular vote (imaginary vote) weighting... Florida mostly, right? Holding the most delegates and what not.

I know its confusing, we're behind the times in Canada with our system of the person with the most votes wins. Well the person from the party holding the most seats which is decided by our votes wins. Their system is more convoluted than 1:1 representation of voters

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tybrus

Can someone explain?

If everything that has been debated over that very question were rehashed here we would be writing and reading for weeks on end.

I am very ignorant about Canadian governmental processes and laws, let alone the 'political' games the 'in-crowd' plays with your citizens, but here in the US impeachment is about as meaningful as being booed at a ball game.

Nearly everything we as a people are given to learn comes from a rather disingenuous media. It's almost all suspect in terms of bias, re-framing realty, revisionist history, they will even lie to the people about what "the people desire".

We seem to be coming, slowly, to realize that the political parties are no more 'reliable' in truth-telling than the media is.

How can we function as a single societal unit, the electorate, if we can't even get reliable information anymore?

A good example was how most Americans (I dare say) have never even heard of the rioting in the streets of Washington DC when Bush 'won' his second term. People, when told of this, actually believe that someone is 'making it up.' It's astounding.

Americans could no more change the course of this nation than they could stop the Iraq war. It's not up to us anymore. We have a gigantic 'game' in place to provide us political entertainment; but at the end of the day, it's all about federal 'decrees'.

Conspiracy theories abound, but I just want the great American experiment restored to the people. We barely have access to our own government anymore, whereas our mega-corporations are actually 'invited' to make policy, and rendered immune from inquiry or accountability by virtue of their corporate citizenship.

I could go on like this for a long time..., but after a while, you just want to throw up.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tybrus

The short version -- the elections were stolen via corrupted/rigged/fixed voting machines... no paper trail... and it wasn't perfected the first time around; hence the 'close call' -- the bugs were finally worked out the 2nd time around. Didn't really matter though... again, they are all the same... Bush... Gore... Kerry... we'd be relatively in the same place we are now.

Our Gov't cares not about this country... just look at at the dual-citizens in influential/powerful positions... whose agenda are we really running here?

Dual Citizenship -- Loyal to Whom?
The 'list' starts about one-quarter of the way down that page. You can be sure... I'll be hanging on to this list to refer to at a later date...

I've sent MANY letters to my states reps. in D.C. regarding impeachment. All I get back is lengthy form letters pertaining to Iraq and Iran.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
A good example was how most Americans (I dare say) have never even heard of the rioting in the streets of Washington DC when Bush 'won' his second term. People, when told of this, actually believe that someone is 'making it up.' It's astounding.

I had absolutely no idea there was any backlash to his reelection!

I agree with what you said though, from the outside looking in, it really does seem like Americans have only a trivial say in the way their (your) country is run.

But back to the topic...

I mean its easy to get all up in arms about this issue like a lot of others, I hope Americans draw the line in the sand soon though because theres not a lot of beach left. Between the privacy issue, the media control/censorship, and the seemingly untouchable executive branch you guys really have your work cut out for you. If push comes to shuv, I'll take as many ATS'ers as I can fit in my backyard

top topics

<< 1   >>

join