It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq Veterans Against the War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
U.S. Marines Invade Manhattan, New York!

Good to know more and more of these guys are with U.S.

We should support them anytime and any way we can.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Traitors, pure and simple.

The bearded puke who gave his name first was prosecuted by the Marine Corps for wearing his Marine Corps uniform at a political function while still on reserve duty.

Everyone has First Amendment rights, but these slime-ball, cry-baby, street thespians are a disgrace to their service branches and their nation and are undeserving of any attention at all.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If telling the truth is treason, I guess you could call them traitors

Living in San Diego, I meet a lot of Iraq War vets, mostly Marines.

Tellingly, I have not met one yet that supports the Iraq War.
Not one.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
Tellingly, I have not met one yet that supports the Iraq War.
Not one.

The support among the troops is overwhelming.

We have soldiers and Marines returning to Iraq with prosthetic limbs, such is their commitment.

The vast majority of the troops serve honorably and have served multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

There's no way I'm going to believe that you have had contact with a representative sample of current and former service members, so your assessment is just hot air.

It's one thing to do squad rushes in a war zone where the effort is needed and to do them in DC or New York, where it's just histrionics.

Pathetic to the max.

They have their rights, but America has the right to ostracize these monkeys.

[edit on 2008/5/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The support among the troops is overwhelming.

I'm guessing you don't actually know many, then.

I would suspect that by now, the "overwhelming majority" of troops oppose the Iraq war - just like an overwhelming majority of the civilian population they are drawn from does.

What polls have been done among the troops appear to back me up.

An overwhelming majority of 72% of American troops serving in Iraq think the U.S. should exit the country within the next year, and more than one in four say the troops should leave immediately, a new Le Moyne College/Zogby International survey shows.

Have I met a "representative sample?"
Who knows?

But as I said, I meet quite a few, and I have yet to meet one who supports the invasion of Iraq.

Afghanistan is another story, interestingly enough.

There seems to be widespread support for it - not surprising because it was a response to an attack against us, not a first strike.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Why wouldn't they? They see the truth, the truths that the government have managed to hide very well. They see the figures that the media does not supplie to us. The see the turths with their very own eyes. Unlike the rest of us. We are told how much they are committed to the to the war, when the facts show they want f all to do with it.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
great video. My girls brother is a Marine. Hits home quite accurately.

WWJD? Lend the other cheek? In GOD we TRUST? please... hypocritical in the very least. Thank god for the loophole of forgiveness right?!
sick

Beware of the great deception...

I hope and pray we can all use our minds/hearts to the fullest degree in order to figure out a way to peace that does not involve violence.

Do we not have non lethal weapons that can disable a man so that we could put violent "terrorists" into prisons or rehabilitation camps?

No, its just easier and more dramatic to go on killing sprees, and not be forgiving and hold grudges.

Thats impractical you scream; I whisper back to you, thats just lazy.

Should we not be up to the challenge of a non violent means of "war" or seeking PEACE?

Oh well whatever nevermind; just seems too much like people are trying to self fulfill prophecy; or the prophecies are correct...

forgive me if I irritate that part of you that knows what is right. Perhaps it would not be irritated if you truly understood everyones viewpoint and respected it.

And yes, that statement speaks to me as well, as it should everyone else.

Do Unto Others...

[edit on 5/4/2008 by psychedeliack]

top topics

join