It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Sam Sparro singing about Astral projection and lucid dreaming here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...#

Is this song Black and Gold about lucid dreaming (LD) and astral projection (AP)? I think it is.
He starts off singing about the creation of Earth and then moves onto the evolution of man. The song then moves onto a more spiritual experience and he looks for a reason to what this all means.

I see the black he talks about as the black void sometimes entered when you astral project or lucid dream, the area you can return to between planes or visions. The gold is the brilliantly golden coloured entities some times seen in AP or LD. He sees them as golden beacons looking down on him, he states that if they aren't really here (Earth) then he doesn't want to be either he wants to be next to them.

"Its all just a bunch of matter " this reality we live in now, but " Im filled to the top with fear" this is a definate reference to the fear felt when you AP or have LD. Fear is always a problem and if not brought under control you just end up being back here as a bunch of matter.

Hey maybe its nothing to do with these things at all but listen to to lyrics and decide for yourself.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You could be right, however i have not heard much about this person you speak of. But i can deffinately see were one could interpret it as that

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey! Pretty good song in my opinion. I can see where you coming from, although i think the lyrics are about creation and god, he says that if "you not really there" it doesnt really matter, because all of this is just " a bunch of matter", as in without god there is no point... Dont know hehe, its just my opinion anyways.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hakii
You could be right, however i have not heard much about this person you speak of. But i can deffinately see were one could interpret it as that

No I don't know much about him either but it was just the lyrics that struck me, its also a really good song.

I found this on him in My space below:-

Not many white boys can boast a decent soul voice and a nice line in electro pop. But Sam Sparro isn't like most boys.

Not only can he turn out synth-pop that is so funky it recalls bygone Prince or Chaka Khan, he's also 21st century enough to know a good pulsating electro hook when he makes one and has the voice to match.

Having moved from Sydney to LA as a young 10 year old, Sam's golden tonsils were first tested by singing in church. Hopping across the Atlantic, he went on to discover London's music and club culture whilst working at a record label by day and making electronic music by night.

Now back in the City of Angels and signed to Modus Vivendi, he's just done a deal with Universal in the UK. If the tracks on his MySpace page are anything to go by, his future looks as shiny as a disco ball.

He has the credibility and soul of Plantlife or Amp Fiddler, matched with the pop sensibility of Calvin Harris. Let's hope this engaging talent is allowed to bloom before the music industry gets its claws in. This is one hipster who deserves to be heard.

myspace.com/samsparro

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I love this song! My husband and i were recently discussing the lyrics to it and came to the conclusion that it was about existentialism...very deep, and a very catchy tune.
I love your theory about it also being about lucid dreaming and astral projection too

I am interested in lucid dreaming, but they only seem to happen to me when i am not trying, but they totally blow me away

Cheers,
Eevee

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eevee
I love this song! My husband and i were recently discussing the lyrics to it and came to the conclusion that it was about existentialism...very deep, and a very catchy tune.
I love your theory about it also being about lucid dreaming and astral projection too

I am interested in lucid dreaming, but they only seem to happen to me when i am not trying, but they totally blow me away

Cheers,
Eevee

Hi Eevee, I always think your name sounds so lovely when I read it.
Yes I agree the lyrics are very deep and not really what you'd expect a chart song to contain. I'll let you into a little secret it was my partner who brought it to my attention too so I can't take all the credit here! Then when I listened to the song I was so amazed by the lyrics and what exactly they could be about.
I don't think they are about God because he says "If your not really here" but God is never "really" here is he? He may be all around us but never actually here in person, that would be mad! God can not be here in person because hes in all of us anyway and all around us.

I too am really interested in LD and astral projection which is why I linked the lyrics to this, but like you I have no control over them but when they happen they are out of this world for sure.

I watched the video to this song for answers but its just got a black car in it with gold headlights !!

Thanks for your reply Ms Green

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Green

I'll let you into a little secret it was my partner who brought it to my attention too so I can't take all the credit here!

Hi Ms Green!
Ha! My husband pointed the lyrics out to me too, ironically he is quite grounded and doesn't believe in astal projection, lucid dreaming and subjects like that. I am sure he thinks i am quite mad at times, and he doesn't know the half of it!

I watched the video to this song for answers but its just got a black car in it with gold headlights !!

Yes i watched the video too, i was surprised to see that Sam Sparro is a white guy, and a rather flamboyant one at that, he sure has a soulful voice

This flipping song has been swirling around in my head all morning now, and is slowly driving me insane, but i still like it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Eevee

Ha! My husband pointed the lyrics out to me too, ironically he is quite grounded and doesn't believe in astal projection, lucid dreaming and subjects like that. I am sure he thinks i am quite mad at times, and he doesn't know the half of it!

No you are not mad in the slightest. You made me laugh when you said he doesn't know the half of it
I know exactly what you mean.
Yes the tune is so catchy it goes round and round your head. Hes also done another track about realizing time is the past, present and future all at once. Interesting.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
how about a guy with black hair and a blonde female ??????

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Why can I not see anonymous ATS reply? Its on the board yet Ive tryed to view it for 2 hours and its not here? Not on my ATS anyway.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well Ive managed to view the anonymous reply but only in edit so not sure whats gone on there. Maybe a glitch in the system when the new anonymous reply facility went on line. Anyway they said the song was just about "A man with black hair and a woman with gold hair".

I dont think this song is about hair in any way! Take another of the lyrics for instance:-

If vision is the only validation then most of my life isnt real.

This surely is not about hair!!! I think it refers to us thinking we exist in this place because we can see it, but hes saying that this validation is fake and does not necessarily give validation to this as our true existance.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
It's definitely about existentialism. Just listen to the lyrics. Very profound song.

new topics

top topics

join