It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone sick of this crap?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
does anyone know where i can go where people are doing things? this site might be great for personal research but i want to get something done. ive been arguing all these points in one way or another for ages. i dont think anyone here wants to do anything, or anywhere else i go. where are the innovators?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
When reading any forum or news article I remind myself to take into account the fact that the person authoring the article might just be mentally ill to some degree. I am (clinically - and I agree) schitzoid and have to remind myself that if I forget that there is a real, live audience reading my post then my point is often buried in the post and most people miss it.

That said, the ego thing does "come off the page" quite alot. People like to be right, no matter if they are presenting "original" ideas or regurgitating what some other hammerhead said somewhere else once upon a time.

The "altruistic" approach tends to lead to some maniac taking credit for an idea and twisting it to his own advantage. I do get your point though, and wish as you do that on most topics some degree of congruity could be reached.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by futureblind

Im keen to do something.
have already started to compile the required information from the various sources. I am interested in hitting the road doing seminar type presentations and one day opening up a museum of corruption or the like...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:22 AM
link   
finally! well im in australia so i cant help you in person but its nice to see someone doing SOMETHING. you should find other people who are compiling information and make a website then i can help you.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist
I was participating in the "Smiley Face" thread and I brought up Toxicology testing on the victims, Not one person even comented on it.

I am a veteran of 1500+ autopsies. So yeah, I do know what the hell I'm talking about.

Hehe, this happens here. I wonder if telling that I am one passengers on flight 93 and it never crashed nor was shot down makes any difference

Altho I am not, but you know what I mean.

Nevertheless, while I do agree with the OP, it is hard to avoid all the crap when there are so many people browsing these forums. But there will be pearls amongst these threads on ATS, it just sucks when people participate in them just basically screaming: "me, me, me look at me!".

There was a specific forums I participated once and I think they had a good system. There were the 'normal' forums where anyone could write any crap they wished to, but then there were this premium quality part of the forum, where you had to ask permission to write from the forum mod. Basically you got permission if the topic you was about to write was interesting one, and you had a good start ready with some good references. Same could work in ATS. Not sure if it has been tested here already.

Sincerely,

[edit on 2-5-2008 by v01i0]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

yeah sounds like a good system, and its kinda what im alluding to. obviously the mods and die hard reglars with some cred would be the only ones able to participate, and if you write a piece that could add to the bulk of info then you could submit it to mods for consideration. ATS could become an authority in its own right much like a 'university for the taboo, and underground' and become the source for the greater public. this has to happen before the forums are flooded with every loon with a keyboard and the diamonds so to speak are lost in an ever increasing wasteland. the information can then be assessed by everyone and honed into something we can use. i think sizzle's thread on hidden meanings of americas laws would be a perfect candidate, as the information can be verified and put to use.

does anyone agree or find a problem with this? i think it would generate a lot of hits from the wider public not wishing to delve into the land of forums, and attract participation form those not previously interested in sharing on this format.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I agree with the many of the comments here. This forum did allow for reasoned debate, it may have been heated at times, but reasoned nontheless. In the last 12 months the number of posts that can be labelled as "Paranoid" or "Delusional" is worrying. I think this site has attracted all the folks form all those other sites that are so way way off normal.

The two issues that seem to be most prevelant are:

1. We are all doomed, the government is going to eat my children and kill us all for NWO purposes. REALLY paranoid stuff here. The difficulty is the point where genuine concern abut the eroding of freedom crosses over to paranoid unfounded fear.

2. God is everywhere, does everything anyone who does not believe this is in league with the devil. Again there's a fine boundary point between those with a genuine private belief/faith and those who are so delusional about God they could just as well believe if pixies on the Moon responsible for making the grass grow the way they talk.

This site has slowly been hijacked by irrational people. Maybe some kind of voting/rating method is needed for us all. I think it would be possible. something like a "rational" rating where 1 is very rational to 10 irrational. I think most genuine people would still rate folks as rational even though they may disagree with their viewpoint. By accounting for the votes you have got versus the votes you have given (very important) you will be able to identify the genuine rationl & irrational people. The voting pattern of an irrational person will be completly different from a rational one. So this would ensure personal bias is eliminated.

Something is needed though before this site gets much worse.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by futureblind

We are here to help each other to fill in the gaps in each others understanding of how things really are, not to become the self-agrandising egoic politicians we despise. Your theory is just that, a theory, not one of your limbs. Defending your position for the sake of ego is the reason the world is in such a state.

This part of your post reflects my own feelings perfectly. Unfortunately, I doubt that a message board can ever reach a state beyond organized chaos. Dissention is an integral portion of any board, without it there would be little to discuss, though I see many here who seem to be more interested in stomping someone down that in actually exchanging ideas. For some, there is no possibility of exchange, the flow of information seems to be a one way street. To concede a point is to accept defeat by an unknown opponent and this seems to be more than some can bear.

I think of conversations with friends. We don't always agree on a point but there is a genuine exchange of thoughts and no matter what the eventual outcome, we walk away still friends. On a message board, the dissenting opinion often simply becomes the "enemy" and no punches are pulled in the battle of "I'm right, your WRONG, end of discussion".

One thing I can guarantee is that if the whole bunch of us were to meet in a hall each night and exchange ideas face to face, It would be a completely different dynamic.

If only that were possible.....what an amazing adventure that would be.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK

One thing I can guarantee is that if the whole bunch of us were to meet in a hall each night and exchange ideas face to face, It would be a completely different dynamic.

If only that were possible.....what an amazing adventure that would be.

that is exactly what im talking about. even if it began with the mods online and then eventually became a real life meeting once a month in major cities or wherever there was interest we could get a real groundswell going, and eliminate the shadowy figures so indignant on the internet yet unwilling to come face to face with people who really have something to say. this coupled with an information database resource which could be debated and ammended through the contributions of members could really start to piece together some sort of truth from the disparate beliefs of everyone involved. we might find out more than we ever imagined.

and malcr i think you rational/irrational ranking system is worthy of serious consideration.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I'm also new here,but i love this site and these forums...

there is soo much information here if you take the time to look for it.

take care dudes and dudettes.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
call me a tragic but cant anyone see past the personal sphere here and recognise that yes, you do have to look after yourself but if you just educate yourself you become a scholar in a world of degenerates that believe what they see in front of them and you become the crazy outcast, the pariah, the 'conspiracy theorist'?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Actually, the ppl in the forums I mentioned in my previous post as an example, are having regular meetings, but merely once or twice a year in larger scale. They say it's fun and educating. They are not required to tell their nicknames to each other when they meet in RL, so it makes exiting guessing game I think. I have never participated tho.

I think that the problem in ATS would be that there are so many nationalities involved that arranging a decent meeting could prove very hard.

But but, it's a good idea and might be worth of trying. But then again, I guess most here are so paranoid ppl, that they would't dare to attend the meeting, and the rest would call them Bilderberger's or something...

Quite so.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by v01i0]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I've thought that we should organize a new title for ourselves rather then "conspiracy theorist" due to the negative connotations associated with that title.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I understand where the Op is coming from.. Their has been some pretty irrelavant threads on the site lately, but I haven't been able to find a better site so you have to make the best of it and try not to add to the nonsense...Lately I have been feeling like it doesn't really matter anymore. I see all this incoded stuff being put out on Tv, and in the movies, but no one seems to care. I'm surrounded by people and yet I feel so alone. Many people say that in the past the human species has reached this same crucial point in mans evolutional period, failed to make the right choices and sufered immensely for their poor judgement. It is becoming more and more apperant to me that we are now coming up on that critical, CRUCIAL juncture, and I feel that we are past the point of no return.....Game Over!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Well,I'm a newbie and i feel like if some sites are a village ATS is a city.I've learn't about lots of other things while learning about conspiracy theories eg Tesla etcI don't think there will ever be a high quality conspiarcy site as such .Conspiracy is arough and tumble world and I think you have to take the rough with the smooth but what I think is really good is thatbecause ther are so many members scattered around the globe you can get the lowdown on recent events eg;earthquakes in the West.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

You must do some mining to find what you are looking for. That means looking through allot of dirt, before you find a jewel or nugget of truth.
The bigger the mine, the more dirt, and the more potential for riches.
Learn to sift over post, looking for the hallmarks of BS, and or genuine information.
Also use the (ignore function), to remove posters who continue to troll and or be spoilers!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The OP makes some good observations, and that's probably the reason why so many members come and go (or sometimes just go & don't return) after posting for a few months.

Someone with original ideas backed up by thorough and painstaking research is usually going to find an audience and become a published author, getting paid for their views. Most serious and capable researchers are busy doing field work, digging out FOIA documents, writing and editing their books, in constant demand on the lecture circuit or otherwise time-committed to running organizations and generally doing real stuff, in the public domain, which matters. They acquire reputations. They don't waste time with uncontrolled, free-access internet forums.

The 3 Amigos decided ATS should be free and open access with no subscription or joining fee, so the site has to be funded by advertising. Apart from observing the T&C, anyone can join up for free and start to post whatever ill-researched, paranoid or deluded rubbish they like with little or no editorial control. This is why ATS forums are so full of ignorance, which in reality is rarely 'denied' but is endlessly recycled in thread after thread with the same content and the same entrenched, ignorant views, ad infinitum. Some genuinely good research is posted but it is the exception rather than the rule and it's difficult sorting wheat from chaff.

Posting in an ATS forum seems to give some people an inflated idea of their own importance. When encouraged by reasoned responses, how often have you seen a stupid position entrenched and defended by a poster determined to ignore any and all evidence which weakens it? Secure and confident in their ignorance, they spout forth because they 'KNOW' that THEY are right.

Many posters are obviously young and inexperienced. They are computer literate, easily influenced by elaborate CTs, have time on their hands and can join up for free, let off steam and feel they are participating in something important.

At the end of the day, it's just an internet forum. Here today, gone tomorrow. Just for fun. It's wise not to get emotionally involved. Real people are still out there in the real world, doing stuff which matters.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

As long as people that can make a difference continue to be ignorant and/or apathetic then how will the masses know? Most if not all the theories are unproven and obscure.

Here is an idea. Why don't these people combine their resources and start the ball rolling? Otherwise ATS and all the other conspiracy sites will remain 'entertainment only' material.

If Clinton can be impeached for lying under oath about an extramarrital affair and the Nixon administration conspiring to sabotage the democratic party then why can't Bush and company be impeached for producing false evidence to justify a war(and other war crimes), planning and executing the 9-11 mass terror attacks, etc?

Why is it that the republicans always manage to win the propaganda war and have their way with the rest of us "cowardly" democrat/"communist sympathizers"?

IMO the democrats better start playing some real 'hard ball' or the fascist ultra-conservatives will keep us and the rest of the world in perpetual bondage.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It's easy enough to avoid threads that you feel are pointless.Don't look at them and don't participate in them. It's like a newspaper. You flip thru checking the headlines, looking for the articles that stroke a chord with you. Read the first little bit. If it still interests you keep going. If not, keep flipping. If there is a poster that you find irritating, that's what the ignore button is for!
If you are interested in 911 conspiracies, then look at those posts. Gon't read the ufo or alien stuff, or the religious stuff, you won't find what you are looking for. Common sense really.If you want to make something happen, that's easy to. You start by getting out of your computer chair, going outside and...........

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

and for the lay person....what exactly do you mean? What are you getting at?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join