It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone sick of this crap?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I agree with you on the most part.
It's all about timing.
The 'good stuff' and the 'good people' aren't here everyday, so it depends who is around as to what you get back.
Patience may be a virtue, but it's not always rewarded.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
no worries, ill be between jobs for a couple of weeks soon. tell me what i can do to help, who i should speak to, where i can post my collations and anything else you can think of. im sure you would have some ideas being an expert conpiracy researcher, seriously. i just didnt think it possible to join a forum and be accomodated so readily, especially with responses (justly) like those above. i think the person to make change is the one who is most passionate about it, probably not me but ill start.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by futureblind

I have a thread going that is pretty successful, but could always use wise input. Since you have expressed concern for America, I would welcome your input here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1-5-2008 by sizzle]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

man, im concerned about america but like your concerned when the pit bull next to your house breaks free from its chain and comes running into your yard to put the hard word on your nice trouble free collie. i humbly accept, but i think the point im making is its not just about america. im saying if all this is collated into blocks of text without the crap citizens and news agencies in other languages can pick it up and start their own discussions. there are people outside the US who want to help you guys get rid of the tyrrany but not because we believe in your constiution, but because your a citizen of the world and in a way your problems are our problems and vice versa. it wont matter what nation you come from if and indeed when they finally make us all citizens of a global country.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I still suspect strongly that so many of the "stones" among a few diamands are deliberate as part of a strategy to distract...I know it sounds paranoid, but that's how the game is played. And then of course, there are just the plain stupid and silly threads that get posted; for the inteligence agent that's like gravey.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I like to think of ATS as the place to begin looking for the truth...not the place to find it. Just like anything else around us, there is a certain amount of truth to ATS and there are certain false ideas. The premise of ATS is so that we can exchange and expand ideas because we are all looking for the truth, so smile when you see something insanely ridiculous because it may not be so silly, after all!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
There was this one a-hole here, that would ride everyones jock. his favorite words were "prove it"....It was like I had to prove my thoughts, my OPINION!!

But im glad that dude has been banned.

prime example.......

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is why I think ATS sucks butthole sometimes, its the lil e-bullies that ruin it for me.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Frankenchrist]

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Frankenchrist]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
There is a lot stuff here on ATS.

And there are more and more people coming now, and posting more and more things.

I would say that most users here first were lurkers before posters, but latly, it seems people just join up and post things.

There has been a shift of whats going on on these fourms, and the type of threads have changed.

There is still good stuff out here. And there always will be.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I know exactly what you mean, but everyone is entitled to their say. Mods are here to control what goes and what doesnt. Overall though I couldnt agree more.

I have seen this site undergo 2-3 MAJOR changes in the time ive been a member here, this doesnt include the 2-3 years I lurked.

Ive said it before and will say it again, things have gone downhill bigtime here. The past 2 years is where ive seen the biggest difference and partially why ive stopped posting as much as I used too.

There are several solutions to this, for example: getting rid of 9/11 truth threads. Its been beaten to death with a stick. Like the kennedy assasination there will always be doubt, but there no point in debating it unless new evidence comes up.

The fact that ATS has gone "big time" probably has a lot to do with it too.

I will say though that being a long time member here, im here to stay regardless. I stick to my opinions even if people dont like it. Sometimes you just have to filter out all the BS on here.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The thing I think about the most is that I'm free to comment or debate any subject as long as I abide by the T & C of this website. Another truth is I still pay for my internet service and when I read the bill I don't see ATS on it. We all as members try to better this community with suggestions and idea's but isn't there a thread for that? ( questions & information ). When you post any where else it seems to me that you're whining about something that is personal because it's not going the way you want it to. Try doing what Simon has done at a young age and keep it going this long. He's not alone though as the years keep passing us by. He's got Mod's, Conspiracy theorists, the other two amigo's and other's that investigate, writers who do their part, radio, television, traveling etc.... This is my personal opinion, but Simon started this sight and has added hundreds if not more to keep it up and running because he wanted other people's opinions and ideas of what should be done to find out the truth.

I read all I can to find the truth, even the stuff I don't like because it's good for the mind to know what not just a few have to say but everyone. I know that stories will be stories and there's no proof, but an idea might jump into your brain when you least expect it and you start thinking. If there's two sides of the story and one side is winning, doesn't mean that the other side didn't have some good points and ideas of their own. All sides of stories, evidence, conspiracy, theories and everything in between should be factored in the equation.

[edit on 5/1/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
THANK YOU OP!!!!

Its like everytime I sign on here...I'm bombarded with Bull@&*# that doesn't matter...its true that its all opinionated mindless dribble...Most posts offer no links to any facts so the posts hold no water...Alot of posts are just information without any information whatsoever!

It's in the hands on the poster to control the amount of trash being presented through this website daily but it also comes down to the fact that EVERYONE comments on everything...so your all feeding the beast!

Thats why when you sign on- you see something ridiculous on the front page with 50 comments...Because people have to say something about everything!

Ignore the ignorance.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I predict the amount of material that ATS claim to have "With bla bla bla number of posts" "With Bla bla bla number of threads" that they megaphoned in ATS/BTS/AP mix 'ad' is the thing that will sink the whole ATS ship down in the sea of information.

I see a lot of dead weight but very very very little substance. A lot of unbelievable outrageous wild claims but very very little evidence. A lot of A lot more useless turd compared to yummy cotton candy.

I see so called 'materials' and claims, mostly unproven, recycled over and
over and over and over again, piling and adding to the amount of materials that's already here.

When this ATS ship sinks like the titanic that it really is, then that is the day when I would say "I told you so, blathering with no proof will not get you anywhere...." That day will surely come. Every super forums in the history of the Internet have experienced this.

ATS will sink by the sheer amount of refutable laughable recycled regurgitated ourageous claims that it has (and still generating) by their members themselves....

Don't you see you are part of the problem?

Deny ignorance is not enough, I say deny the ignoramus who claims without irrefutable proof and evidence.

Stop the nonsensical refutable baseless unproven recycled regurgitated materials from being posted and ATS will be sailing it's ship longer...

And about the lexion guy (the A hole someone in here mentioned) : I love that guy! He's my hero. Too bad he doesn't post anymore. The way he blows the wild claiming posters out of the water makes me lugh all the time.

We need that kind of guy to stop the crap generators in here.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
all good points, but i think what i meant by 'is anyone sick of this crap' is, arent you sick of all the talk? i mean im not trying to discredit all the intellectual debate and all the hours of research some people put in to post great information, but it seems to me like most things that get affiliated with politics and religion turn out to be stuck in the mud of debate and nothing gets done.

i was like everyone else drawn to the 9-11 debate, but the horse has been flogged and its dead, and i feel i have as clear a picture as im going to get for the time being. stumbling across things like the North American Union scares the @#$% outta me and i dont even live in the states. my friends and i try to act or see if there is anything we can do in our corner of the world when we hear about stuff, but everyone here is so laid back and have it pretty easy that its hard to rouse their interest let alone their action.

however in the states you seem to have people trying to access this information hand over fist and if some of this stuff was more accessible, you might turn them into activists or at least take them out of the sheep category.

im not trying to pay out on anyone, i have alot of respect for the people on here its just that when we organise to do something in australia, anything, we get lost in the swirl of ignorant banner waving activist sheep. its seems like the people who are acting dont even know what their fighting for, like its a fashion statement or something. there is no intellectual debate here based on the deeper topics and its frustrating.

and lurking around this site its like a treasure trove of possibilities and information and i cant see anyone doing anything. im not talking about protest marches or anything so ridiculous just a direction. in all the swirl and eddy of intellectual power here i think the information is doing no good for the greater population. have your own opinion. take the information your own way, but dont just hold on to it for yourself, take what you know and put it out there for wider scrutiny, in a format accessible by everyone.

im not asking you to do anything, and in a way i wish i had the time to collate this all myself, but i suppose im asking the question how come you guys arent making a move with all the info you have, not the ufo conspiracies not the 9-11 crap but the solid stuff, your basic rights etc. it seems like everywhere i go everyone is talking and i cant find information on whats being done and it scares the #$%@ outta me. let me know if im wrong and there is someone out there who sees the future bleak enough for action.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by futureblind

I think I understand where you are coming from, being a fellow Aussie temporarily living amongst Americans abroad, it's given that foreigners see and understand things differently to our friends in the US. it's enough to drive me mad but it's an experience, I'll give it that. I feel like Australia is a different planet sometimes lol

Get used to it though, it's just how it is here now.
I myself don't really post in ATS anymore, just as I got comfortable enough to start some threads, I stopped. I've seen it change dramatically since 2004. I just pop on to "select" the news I wish to know about rather than watch American news
I spend a bit of time in BTS but not much either.

I am just doing my best to ignore most of the arrogant BS I see spewed like it's nothing on here and concentrate on those who have something intelligent to contribute.
I just don't spend as much time on here anymore though.

Welcome to ATS

[edit on 2-5-2008 by ImJaded]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I agree entirely, but what can you do? Avoid the posts where they're obviously just full of kids that want to make you angry.

If someone wants to get off on a conspiracy that only exists in their paranoid mind, forget it and move on, happens all the time here and it's not like you can change their minds so don't try.

BTW you'll probably get tagged as a disinformation agent for criticizing the crazies

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
i think all it would take is for the great minds here to get together and to find the best most solid bit of info that would hurt the establishment if it were picked up by mainstream media. just one. dangle it in front of a journalist that wants desperately to make their big scoop and get the government caught up in a backpeddle. then pick another. if it is done strategically then journalists have to ask the right questions, if not in america i know people here that would. i know its not that simple, but it cant be that far off. lies dont have to be proven in the press just alluded to. then the storm of controversy makes everyone want to investigate.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think.....The goal of the site is too keep minds open. Even if you want to rip off someones arms and beat them too death. so they cant post crap....Respect as much as possible. They weird ones seem too go away pretty quick. The SETI site on here and others are very strong and good posts. Ya have too pick and choose. Every now and then you will just have to ignore the "MY FELLOW BROTHERS AND SISTERS I COME FROM QUAGNAR" posts...but they are funny as hell. Dont sweat it....It will all work out

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I long for the day where the creators of this site charge a fee to join and post - a credit card transaction should stop 99% of the kids who join and use this place as a hangout.

Along with the joining fee, an aptitude test which must be passed in order to get a certain "healthy" membership, ie. Do you believe in Lizard people?

That should sort out at least 50% of the nut jobs who do more damage than good to the truth seeking community.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

yeah i piss my pants like the next guy at all the ridiculous posts, but after the tears of laughter stop, i start to wonder if anyone is going to ever put forward a solution to the real and insightful stuff being dredged up here or at least a starting point. i think the talk can continue while the action is going on, and most of the action will be from behind a computer for the most part anyway. i think there are people out there who would enjoy sifting through all the acts and bills that pop up and putting them against the ammendments to show that there is pretty much nothing left. then in a format that can be read by the wider public, we can get the die hard patriots onside and the disbelievers. prove to them that what they are fighting for almost dosent exist anymore just the ghost that looks like the america they used to know.

does anyone agree? action should be taken? im not saying you should leave your air conditioned room and your high backed leather chair but most of it can be done from your computer. it just takes someone to work out a direction of action. am i making sense? even theoretically?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

I am a veteran of 1500+ autopsies. So yeah, I do know what the hell I'm talking about.

Have you ever autopsied (?) someone who has died that was a reported sufferer of morgellons syndrome?

If you're still doing autopsies, and interested in the phenomenon, I suggest you see .. however cordially you can, if you can be involved in doing an autopsy on a deceased sufferer.

If you're permitted to, I'd like to see your findings...especially the any abnormal cranial anomalies.. IF the rare chance occurs that you do have an opportunity to have examined one of us poor sufferers after we depart.

just putting it out there.

sorry if this is off - topic.

my view on the topic is shared with the OP, and while it can be frustrating at times, I think it's best to ignore negativity...because I doubt you're going to find complete homogenous focus in truth here... you've got all sorts of types here.

-

[edit on 2-5-2008 by prevenge]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join