It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone sick of this crap?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have attempted many times to become involved in these forums to supplement my quest for new and potentially groundbreaking information. However, after browsing through for less than 5 minutes I am overwhelmed by opinionated, baseless and and often ridiculous posts, riddled with inconsistency or egoic nonsense.

As a community of people interested in finding out the truth, why is there so little emphasis placed on moving forward as a group? Surely there will always be attention seekers and individuals who miss the real point, but unless there is some sort of collation of accepted ideas, then this useless pseudo intellectual war will continue, while the very people we despise are wrapping themselves in the warm blanket of our ignorance, and are free to do what they will while we make ludicrous statements and try to impress others with our ignorant remarks.

The truth is self evident in a group who uses logical and insightful ways to get across their ideas, and ignores the ramblings of the ego.
We are here to help each other to fill in the gaps in each others understanding of how things really are, not to become the self-agrandising egoic politicians we despise. Your theory is just that, a theory, not one of your limbs. Defending your position for the sake of ego is the reason the world is in such a state.

I think there needs to be a change on the level of the individual if there is to be a change on a mass scale. Self control and an understanding that it all takes time will eventually lead us to a wider knowledge and we might even with a little discipline shirk the title of "conspiracy nuts" and start to prove to the wider community what we believe in some cases may be true. Intelligent arguments are the founding of great societies, but with ignorance and ego as our guides we can only fall into the trap set for us by those who would do us harm: Divide and Conquer.

A long post but do you agree there should be more effort to bring method to this madness and not just talk about it as a far off unatainable goal?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've been here a while, mostly lurking. Posting for me hasn't been very enlightneing as it is mostly lost in the drivel that passes for a lot of the content here. That being said I am on this site more then any other and have learned a lot!

We won't ever shed the "conspiracy nut" title, Sorry.

But you're right, we do need to change individually, becasue maybe when each person takes responsibility for their own enlightnement then we can effect a larger scale change.

I think talking about the issues which are discussed here is a big step..it's a step most people will never take due to the fact that we are considered to be "nuts".

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I too have been frustrated when I would start a very valid thread and it gets totally slept on.

I was participating in the "Smiley Face" thread and I brought up Toxicology testing on the victims, Not one person even comented on it.

I am a veteran of 1500+ autopsies. So yeah, I do know what the hell I'm talking about.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think we can shed the title because 'conspiracy' is something theoretical, as soon as you provide substantial evidence or at least a logical stand point for discussion it ceases to be the stuff of fantasy.

I dont consider it a big step because I like when my ideas are challenged by someone more insightful or more informed than i am, and can fill me in where a lifetime of searching would be fruitless. I cant learn from those people though if the real nut jobs keep jumping in with theories about the Antichrist or quoting Nostradamus like a born again quotes scripture as if it was written by God Himself.

All im saying is that if we got together and started collating some of these 'nutty' ideas then people could put their intellect to good use and start shaping them into something we can use. Even if we couldnt agree on one theory, we could run them parallel until one collapses or becomes part of another. Debating an idea is great but until a consensus is reached, however small all of it is useless. Unless you enjoy trawling through pages of people trying to prove/disprove someones theory on how peanut butter is going to save the world.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've been reading this site for years, only posting for a short time.

I would agree that the quality of conversation here has taken a turn for the worse. I'm not sure what to attribute it too. I dont think it's any ONE thing in particular, but try this for a theory....

Until recently (perhaps in the last year or two) 'conspiracy theorists' were seen as 'nutcases' and dwellers on the 'fringe'. We were not large numerically but many found this place and brought lots of things to light particularly after 9/11.
In the last year or so, much more has been coming 'mainstream', there is a sort of awakening going on in the minds of more and more citizens of the USA and UK (where most of this sites hits come from). We can attribute this to the production of videos by people like alex jones and m moore, these videos have been carried in the Blockbuster chain and thus have exposed more and more to 'alternative viewpoints'.
This has driven more and more people to this site in their quest for knowledge, due to the marketing and positioning of this site. With this influx of people the demographics have skewed radically away from the older user base.
I'd like to suggest that much of the older user base has been discouraged by this (quality of posts) and have left the site, or are just simply not as active any more.

ATS, it's not what it once was

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frankenchrist

I am a veteran of 1500+ autopsies. So yeah, I do know what the hell I'm talking about.

Love to hear about it but i suppose we live hundreds of miles away and this being the forum to allow us to share it is being dominated by utter nonsense . No offence to those who are trying to get valid ideas across.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by futureblind

However, after browsing through for less than 5 minutes

5 minutes? When digging threw the stones, its going to take many years to find that diamond! Yes I agree.. There is alot of stones and worthless rocks found on ATS.. But I can asure you that there are some diamonds within the ruff here..
5 mins is a blink of an eye! It takes me 5 mins to read threw a complete post for that matter..
I suggest you take some more time, and a few deep breaths, and start digging.
Its going to take well over a month, maybe a year to read into something you find that is worthy.

And I can not tell you what is worthy for you.. But the threads are there, you just have to spend more than 5-10 mins before you make the idea that its all crap here..
try 5-10 months, and get back with us and let us know how well your search goes..

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

Yeah I think thats the cut and thrust of it. Im from Australia, and although being into this most of my life and not considering it strange, I find Americans (on the whole) to be very rigid and one sided in their understanding of the world. In Australia we are bombarded by U.S. tv and marketing and all things American so I used to think I could understand the U.S. public, but studying something and being part of it are two different things. The recent Obama v.s Clinton debate has been an eyebrow raiser to say the least. I think what people on this forum dont understand is that most of the people in the world, no matter how similar in my case, dont come from U.S and cant see how holding your hand to your heart while the star spangled flutters in the background is any grounds for a realistic world view.

Although im not anti-American I just hate your government. Bush? What were you guys thinking? Sorry.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

ive been reading for ages but only decided to join recently so i could have a say rather than watch from the shadows. after signing up i was looking for some time (5 minutes being a loose description of diminutive amount of time!) and couldnt find one thing that i wanted to even read let alone discuss. I agree that patience is a virtue but dont you agree that 5 to 10 months should be spent immersing myself in an enormous amount of information not an enourmous amount of crap? Im trying to see whether there are people out there who share my disgust and maybe have a way around it? i think change is the remedy for a bad situation not putting up with it. After all isnt that why we are all here?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Bush? What were you guys thinking? Sorry.

Dont be sorry.. But please know we didnt elect him.. He was pre "selected".
It was either Kerry.. A skull and bones man who works for Bush. Or Bush who is the dynasty of the Bush empire..
There is no left or right wing here in the USA.. We have been taken over by a group of high level mobsters, that are funded by the Vatican.

There is a 3 state empire trying to rule this world..
If you want a good start my friend, try looking up some Jordan Maxwell on google video, or youtube.
You might find something worth while there.. But agin I can not speak for you. Only you can find what fits your needs.

But agin.. We as Americans didnt elect Bush.. THey put him in power.
As Hillary Clinton will be the next person to push the Bush, (agenda)

We as Americans have no power anymore.. And IM glad you guys in other countries see this. But overall most Americans here are war hungry ignorant people, who belive in what is right, but we dont do what is right.
Because of many reasons.. Mostly fear.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

This is the only worthy comment to reply to so I will. You are exactly right zysin5.
Five minutes isn't gonna get you much here and yes there's alot of nonsense in these post, but without it everyone would agree with each other and the discussion or debate is over without everyone's opinions or theories. Some comments that may seem worthless just might give someone else an idea. Those lumps of coals are needed to find the diamond in the ruff. And ATS is for all members to discuss and debate issues no matter how weird it may get. I'd rather discuss an issue with everyone instead of a few, just to get the whole pie.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sorry didnt mean to come across as ignorant myself! Solarskye you do make a good point about the lumps of coal. Understanding what people believe no matter how far fetched helps you understand why things are the way they are. I completely agree. Its just there is hardly any forum for discussion here in Australia and everywhere i go its all the same crap rehashed over and over because there isnt a forward momentum being collated. Im sure between yourself and the rest of the pople that frequent ATS everyday you have a great understanding but it sucks that i cant catch up on the knowledge you have because i have to spend a lifetime trawling through personal agendas. If you guys got together and started putting your ideas together and then debating them we might be able to turn the tide against the naysayers and conformists.

and zysin5 i understand that you guys didnt vote in bush and that sucks. it seems your headed for more of the same. id say come and live here but we have the same problem! thanks for the Jordan Maxwell pointer, ive been looking through alex jones and friends stuff about fluoride etc which is interesting to say the least. any pointers to some good threads to stop my whinging!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
It is difficult to take this thread seriously as the author only joined ATS today.

How could someone "attempt many times to become involved in these forums" if they joined just a few hours ago? Makes no sense to me.

There are many, many very sharp folks contributing to this board. In my short time here I've noticed the idiots usually don't last long.

What a dull existence if all posters agreed on every subjects. We are not a mutual admiration society nor are we all the same.

We need spice in our forums to make them more interesting. Sometimes it is the illogical rantings of some members that create that spice.

To anyone that does not enjoy these forums and feel the need to make changes the first few months they are members I suggest this may not be the place they need to spend their time.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I agree to some point but there are alot of realy good points being put across these forums! You just have to ignore all the ugly ones!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
No complaints here. Anywhere you go you have to hike through a few weeds before you get to the sweet spot with the view.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

look dizzidame i read through the posts and yes it does sound like a whinge, ive been reading posts here for less than a year and alot of other places for alot longer, even though i have just joined. id have said the same thing elsewhere but this is about the best place ive found. and i know there is alot of good information on here, thats why im so nuts about it. it seems like unless you have the time to sit here everyday and steep yourself in everything you miss it all. i consider myself more of a doer even though i like to educate myself when i get time and thats why i finally decided to ask the question to see if you guys agreed. and obviously not, and with some good reasons. i just think you guys are in a good position to formulate some solid ideas with all the 'researching' that you do and the sharp minds should be helping those who arent, or people like me who dont get time to scratch most days. dont you think all this discussion whether it be dribble or great words of wisdom are for nothing if it just recedes into the copious mass of previous posts? i suppose what im saying is you guys are in a position of power in a way and i think most of you would enjoy collating the good stuff and tossing the trash, in a sister site of course. i think everyone has a right to be heard but you would be doing everyone a great service and maximising the time we have by making all this knowledge beyond any personal quest for knowledge and allowing the emerging number of people awakening around the world easy access to all the knowledge you have gained and still gain everyday. i havent slept for 24 hours so im sorry if my ramblings annoy you but i think you can see what im getting at. apart from my pompous whingeing in the short time in your forum i think you can see what im getting at. im not talking about a place where everyone agrees but a place where WHEN everyone generally agrees the idea or the facts are written down in a format that is accessible. i want my grandma to learn about this she asks me all the time, but she dosent want to sit through posts about freaky *$#@ to get to the trutyh in her last years. if i get half an hour to sit at the computer i can maximise my time learning and then go and use that information in real life, instead of it being purely theoretical. I think conspiricy theory is as bad as the conspiricy if it dosent amount to a change in the world. im going to get back in my box now im sorry for sounding like an ass its just years of frustration coming out. ive wanted to quit my job and make a site with all the best stuff on it for ages so i can point the people i talk to everyday to it and have them start a discussion with their friends and family and get a change happening.

JSR

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by futureblind
As a community of people interested in finding out the truth, why is there so little emphasis placed on moving forward as a group?

i doesn't get any better either. of course there are ebbs and flows of interest. ( i guess im in an ebb ) but as a whole, im here for the entertainment.

there has not been any major revalations here. and the political disscussions have really gotten bad. all the back and forth chest thumpping from left right and center. "as a group" sadly, we like to argue. dont take my word for it. read any thread here. its polite, sure, but it's just a bumch of fighting. gotcha politics really.

im disheartened.....oh well....

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
yeah entertainments great i suppose but i was entertained as a little boy listening to all the theories from the nuts in and around my family but after years of it you start to get a little uneasy about all the inaction and ignorance especially in my corner of the world. im starting to wonder whether all the people talking about it really believe it or whether they just like the intelectual to and fro. but then again the so called action going on around me is just as disheartening.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by futureblind

If you are unhappy with the quality here and want to see changes, why not do your part and effect the change. At ATS we all (or most of us) strive for better quality, the truth and an intelligent effort put forth to make it possible.
Btw, welcome to ATS.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
I agree to some point but there are alot of realy good points being put across these forums! You just have to ignore all the ugly ones!

There are definitely still very good threads and very good counterpoints being made. Problem is, it seems the "farce" and "hoax" threads are becoming more and more common, and quite a few turn out to be the popular threads, while the intelligent ones usually go unnoticed.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join