It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Nights Ghost Hunters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So, last night the TAPS team headed out to an abandoned asylum(with which I cant spell out at the moment, and dont have Flash on this computer)an encountered a lot of EVP and such.

Now normally you dont hear the EVP until the taping, but on this episode it was very loud and open. Has TAPS started to sell out? I dont want to think so but lately the EVP and such have been more so phenomenal then usual.

As well there were many bangs that were heard, rather nice show I liked it.

A few things I want to discuss and bring up(other then people who can post the EVPs for me) is the figure of the person in the doctor's gown hunched in the corner. The TAPS team didnt get any video of said figure so we have to base it off of experiance, but they are on a now wildy viewed show, would they make it up?

Usually I hold TAPS in the highest of views but last night's episode seemed too good to be true.

So... Shall we start the tearing up of the episode for plausibilitys?

Oh and again, I would love if someone could post the EVP and if possible the footage of them in the hallway before they reviewed the tape(I would but I cant at this computer
) Thanks!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Check out this thread where a very sensitive intuit, our very own and extremely honest WorldWatcher, admits to having similar experiences on her trip to a haunted location... She kind of slides in the fact she heard whispering and possible other phenomena...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
what about the witnesses that had to SIT on the tour guide to keep the entity from pulling her by the shoulder in to the other room(?)..? !!! I was like ... WHOA!!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I agree, though that was a witness thing and less credible, though if true that is amazing ^_^

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I've been watching Ghost hunters for a while and am starting to wonder myself. If you watch early episodes they find ghostly phenomenon sometimes, but they didn't uncover substantial hauntings in every single episode. Then again, as the show grew in popularity and was more respected they also gained access to places most ghost hunting agencies could only dream of going. I really don't know what to think, though I will admit that I've become suspicious over the past few months.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thank you ^_^ I was hoping I wasnt the only one who felt that something seemed amiss with the recent explosion of the hauntings and such, I even at one point thought the queen mary boat thing with the bed was one of their messed up hoaxes, but thats me being skeptical and have since let that go.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I love the concept behind the show and find it to be far more credible than that ridiculous band of screaming, jumpy idiots on "Most Haunted." That said, until their production company stops playing music and sound effects underneath the entire damn show, I will always have doubts about any sounds they supposedly hear while investigating. For instance, Jason & Grant claim to hear a whisper, but unfortunately we hear nothing but crappy chamber music playing just loudly enough to obscure any sounds apart from the actual TAPS members' comments during the show.

I have had some questions and feelings about the legitimacy of the program, however. For example, why not use the thermal camera more? Why have they gone from 6 or 7 cameras in the first couple of seasons down to almost never using more than 4 this season? Why do they rarely show them trying to debunk this season, after making such a strong point of how they were skeptical debunkers at the start of the series? Why does Jason this season tell a homeowner in a house in which they got an EVP directed response to a question or statement by an investigator that the haunting is residual, when a residual haunting by definition would be completely void of any "interactive responses" to the team's presence in the house?

Honestly, I trust Jason for some reason. I've heard him interviewed and I've got several paranormal podcasts from him that date back to before Ghost Hunters even was a show. He strikes me as a no BS guy and, while he clearly believes in ghosts, he takes a skeptic's mindset into every investigation while still remaining open to the chance the site they're investigating may turn out to be haunted. I do not trust Grant. He seems too eager to label everything as haunted and too often he's the one that has the personal experiences. I realize that's a poor reason to distrust him, since some people have a greater affinity to the paranormal. However, it just seems odd to me that he's frequently the one who conveniently catches activity in his room at night and frequently sees something when Jason is looking the opposite direction. He's too exciteable and too quick to forget that debunking is one of their stated goals.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
My guess here, with them getting more and more impressive sounds and sites on their trips, probably has something to do with the QUALITY of sites they are investigating. Most often they barely pick up anything at homes or the lower end buisness they'd visit. But when they visit fairly high end places that are very well known to be haunted by the locals, they tend to pick up interesting and impressive evidence.
With your average sites it's fairly hit and miss, place may be haunte,d may not be. Most of their places they originally covered were homes with very little in terms of history, some of the houses couldn't have been fifty years old or so.
But yeah, the I wish they could get rid of the cheasy music and sound effects. Wish they'd start airing the stuff on their site, and if they do, I can't view it, so I didn't know.
Keep in mind, the better sites they are able to hit, the more likely they get more impressive findings, something scfi will show over a fairly boring or unrewarding investagtion.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saturn
If you watch early episodes they find ghostly phenomenon sometimes, but they didn't uncover substantial hauntings in every single episode. Then again, as the show grew in popularity and was more respected they also gained access to places most ghost hunting agencies could only dream of going

it's a good observation that they are airing more episodes from cases where they receive more results and evidence. the show has grown in popularity so in retrospect so has the need for results. some will argue that they are fabricating their own evidence to satiate the corporate demands, and others still believe they are genuine.

here's my take on this. take a look at the episode lists of the Ghost Hunters seasons at epguides.com....

the first season only had 10 episodes...SciFi was testing the waters. GH became a hit, and the subsequent seasons of two and three both had 22 and 19 episodes respectively. season four has only nine...so far, and i think nine is all there will be for this season. i am not sure on this, so if i am wrong someone please correct me.

from my viewpoint of season four, it looks like SciFi is choosing not to air too many cases where TAPS found little or any results. if you took out all the episodes where little happened out of seasons two and three, you'd be close around the episode count for season four.

personally, i do not think TAPS has sold out...i am sure they are working their butts off on cases and follow-ups that never make it to the tv show. i've heard both jason and grant say on one of their podcasts that SciFi does not like airing multiple episodes from the same location [unless the location was fantastic or for a special]. this would eliminate crap loads of follow-up cases that they are active in from ever being aired.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I agree that music and sound effects need to stop during investigations. that is SOOO annoying especially when they claim to hear voices or noises.When Grant claimed to have seen that entity the SciFI camera showed him looking down the hall pointing his digicam down there at the same time he "supposedly" saw it.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think this season has been good, too short for my liking, but I like the team as it is now. Jason & Grant have always been trustworthy to me, if they saw it, I believe them (but I'm always frustrated when they never seem to be pointing the camera in the direction they see things). I think Kris has been brought in to add a bit os sex appeal (and it's working for me!). I'm glad Brian is now on GHI instead, to me he always seemed to be exagerrating his experiences, and even on GHI, it always seems to be him that sees shadows all the time, but no one else, I don't quite trust his reports.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Last night seemed to be a lot of reruns. I noticed Jason acting very unprofessional. think he is always picking on Brian, when in all reality, he should be cleaning up his language, and giving STEVE a BIG attiutde adjustment. it is getting to where we are not wanting to watch when this has been one of our favorite shows. I do not express these opinions alone I work at the beauty shop and this is our over all opionins. Please tone down on these topics we really do love this show and feel there arent many more of these kind around. Concerned Viewers,

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Here is an apparition that took some time to capture on my camera. It was so fast that I had to slow down the clip of GHOST HUNTERS. It was when they were at Leap Castle.

I only spotted it when I saw a quick flash behind Jason. I couldn't find an address to email it to them, as I didn't know if they were aware that a headless apparition was in the room with them.

The more involved you get with the paranormal, the more that you are able to capture. Also, the more you can easily hear and see without electronic aids.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
with paranormal activity, nothing is impossible. They're is a graveyard near were I live, no name will be said., in where down a steep dirt road inside of it you will see a 10 foot tall piece of limestone in front of another hidden part of the graveyard that says there were bodies dug up to build the interstate and were place in here. a mass grave. As SOON as you enter the gates, it gets freezing cold and you see things. not a place to go for fun. trust me. I personally didn't believe in ghosts but after that, and the feeling of me being choked on the way out, i'm not sure anymore

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Anyone have any thoughts of TAPS episode at St. Augustine light tower? They caught 2 entities at the top of the light tower on film. The skeptic in me says its to boost ratings as it seems they really never get absolute proof on film. However this episode freaked the crap out of me, looks like the dark figure everyone talks about, just a black void that has a humanoid shape.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Did anybody ever see the shadow 'people' episode? When they went into these people's house, freaked out feeling so threatened they had to go leave the room, the one guy whined to a female crew member that he'd felt so threatened he had to sit with legs crossed 'to protect himself', yet at the end the TAPS team went right beack into the house and told the parents of two young (toddler) girls that it was ''nice that for now they have a friend''? ...What was the deal with that? I suppose it's 'nice' to be potentially predatorized by your 'playmate'(s)? That one episode ruined this show for me. Unless anyone would like to explain what you think they thought they were doing dishing BS like that...???????????????????????

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Unfortunately their main site: TAPS Revealed seems to have gone bye-bye, but this tapsrevealed.yuku.com... site has most every episode discussed to death as well as a number of really thought provoking accusations towards issues they feel TAPS has "faked." It seems like Grant is public enemy #1 there, as he tends to get scrutinized more than anyone else from the show.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
If anyone's been keeping track of the blog over at Bad Astronomy, Phil Blait mentions a investigator who had a bit to say about TAPS. Apparently she was fairly strict against them, and didn't like the show to much.
Generally speaking, I'm still undecided about the show. It's on Scfi, so the grain of salt I take with it is fairly large, and I havn't been able to watch it since i've started my new job.
Personaly, I wish I could meet the guys and go on a investagation with them. Get an idea of how they work off screen, so I could form a better (or worse) opinion of 'em.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The problem with the show is it's heavily edited, and it doesn't just concentrate on the investigations, but also tries to build in the character story lines too (Tango being a gullible happy go-lucky guy, Jason the big dominant father figure etc.), and anyone watching can tell that in post-production noises and sounds have been added in to heighten the scare factor, they clearly do voice over work so that the guys say things that clearly weren't said at the time, all to make a better show and one that gets ratings.

Jason & Grant admitted to this themselves on their Beyond Reality radio show, and say they have raised some concerns about with the producers but, at the end of the day the only thing that matters to SciFi is having a high rating show, not being factually correct in the way Taps conduct their investigations. Take episodes where they "provoke" for example. All you see is them going round calling the ghost names and stuff and generally being rude, but Jason & Grant do actually go through a spiritual stage beforehand to protect them from any evil spirits they may provoke and to make sure these spirits don't dwell in the house after they've gone but you never see that in the show because it "doesn't make good TV", again, they've admitted that on their radio show.

That's the biggest problem the show has. If it was shown to actually document how Taps go about their investigations it wouldn't be such a high rating show and people would get bored of it and it wouldn't be discussed here, because most of the time nothing happens. But if it get's edited down to just the interesting stuff, then it doesn't show a true picture of what Taps get up to or what these people are really like and people start complaining and claiming them ad fakes and glory hunters. You're just never going to please everyone.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I remember that there was one episode that made me question thier credibility, I don't know if anyone can remember this episode but I think that they were investagating in a cafe/pub/club and they saw something sort of go across the back wall, it was on nightvision and not very clear, anyway, a daytime visit by someone else actually revealed that there was a small almost invisible alcove and that was where the thing went across the wall, sort of like a dip in the wall that went back between that wall there were obviosly two other walls (if youve seen an alcove you know what I'm talking about) there was like a big whole where someone had tried to knock one of the facing walls down and the other one also had a hole in, is it possible that they could have got someone run across there? just wondering, if anyone doesnt know what type of wall im talking about then see the link
ash :p
www.google.co.uk...://home.fnal.gov/~dharris/alcoves/P0002811.JPG&imgrefurl=http://home.fnal.gov/~dharris/alcoves/&usg=__WciaAN M6ryNc4u4QfRwX9Xpjas8=&h=1024&w=1536&sz=456&hl=en&start=59&sig2=6n-s53MAANZgIxkF-tYT7g&zoom=1&tbnid=4ZPfWZpdlaowPM:&tbnh=106&tbnw=146&ei=PzLyTcaAMMXA8 QO2xcXOAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dalcoves%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1R2SMSN_enGB409%26biw%3D1089%26bih%3D534%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=102&vpy= 256&dur=601&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=132&ty=143&page=4&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:59&biw=1089&bih=534

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join