It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coronation Street Ghost Photo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I dont think this is some publicity stunt, its a genuine photo taken by some tourists in Blackpool, which had a Coronation Street exhibit, for non uk ATS'ers its a popular soap here, one i dont watch

But the lady has a point, she believes this "ghost" is a former actress who used to be on this soap, what do you think, does she bear resemblance to the deceased actress?

I took this photograph at the Blackpool waxworks UK 9th August. It clearly shows a face behind my husband. The strange thing is that the photo was taken at the coronation street exhibit (long running UK soap) it shows the face of who I think may be Ena Sharples who died in the 1980's and was one of the original main characters. Since researching her I found that she died in Blackpool and was buried there.

I have since sent the photo to the waxworks they are very interested in it and say that there would be nothing that could cause this face, i.e.... Reflection etc...

Pauline Brannigan

Here's the ghost photo.

And here it is zoomed.

And here are a few images of the deceased, in her former role.

It does look like her, i have to agree.

Source, Ghost Research Society

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Denied]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
WOW that picture does look like the ena sharples character, i dont know the actors name , but she was in the soap when i was a kid and i have heard she haunts the set, i remember the episode when i was a kid after she had died in real life and the show ended with the lights of the pub being switched off and made to look like her spirit was in the pub, very weird photo.

I am gonna flag because i want to see the outcome of this.

I can say ive been to the street and the exhibit in Blackpool, that person could not be standing inside, there is no way you can see through the glass for someone to appear so clear, without it being a double exposure i cant see what it is but a ghostie. Good find !

[edit on 1/5/2008 by azzllin]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You know it looks like an episode is being played on a tv screen close by and maybe that is what we are seeing? i know they do have screens dotted about with clips being shown, my guess would be one of those.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
I can say ive been to the street

Bear in mind this was taken at Blackpool where there is a Coronation Street Exhibit.

But the figure does seem to be on the outside, and to the right i swear it looks like her over coat is going down from her left shoulder, to us her right shoulder.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   

You know it looks like an episode is being played on a tv screen close by and maybe that is what we are seeing? i know they do have screens dotted about with clips being shown, my guess would be one of those.

True you can see the top of head, its has a sharp line across at the top, as if shown on a television screen, but then look at the comparison pictures i posted, she was known for wearing that hat, which has the same effect...

To add, heres what i ment about the shoulder/arm part, it doesn't fit in with the pattern behind on the window.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   

That is what I was thinking as well. It looks like there is a television turned on hanging on the wall inside of that building. I see nothing ghostly about this pic.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Which was exactly my first thought, too.

It also explains why it appears in B & W.
(Photos of TV screens often appear colourless even if the programme was in colour.)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Your all probably right, one other thing though, does the right side of her face, when zoomed in, overlap the wood frame? As if on the outside, and not behind the frame.
I couldnt get a sharp enough image to show what im talking about, but the pixels do slightly over lap the wood frame.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

My impression was, and is, that it is somehow a reflection on the glass pane.
Even if the screen that was playing the clip was actually inside, optics can do all kinds of tricks, especially when another lens - the camera - is involved.

But, you know... there will be LOTS of other opportunities for you to catch a glimpse of whatever transcends the pedestrian physicality of this world - of that I have no doubt.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Denied

Hey there Denied,

Well I can't say whether or not it's the real deal or a reflection ... but one thing's for sure the image in the window certainly looks like Violet Carson (Ena Sharples) a damn sight more than the wax-work model looks like Bet Lynch (I assume that's who it's meant to be).
It actually looks like Barbara Windsor ... but that's another soap entirely !

Woody

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I know the women was a bit of a battle axe, would that be sufficient to aunt the set itself? Was she an unhappy person??

top topics

join