It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kuwait: Gulf States May End Dollar Pegs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Maybe we will go to war with them now like we did in Iraq according to McCain
www.abovetopsecret.com...#

Finally admitted we are at war for oil....Balsy

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Merrill sees U.S. giving nod for Gulf FX change
Sun May 25, 2008 9:27am EDT

DUBAI (Reuters) - Merrill Lynch & Co said the United States has effectively given Gulf Arab oil producers the go ahead for making changes to their dollar-pegged foreign exchange policies, by recognizing inflation as a problem....

Citing a U.S. Treasury report to Congress that for the first time mentioned currency and inflation issues in the six-member Gulf Cooperation Council, Merrill said the United States government had become more confident about the outlook for the dollar and therefore did not necessarily need Gulf support for its currency
Full Text

This grand gesture by the Treasury Dept. has been characterized: When you can't stop the inevitable...better to grant permission.

Perhaps this act of generosity is also meant to encourage ME OPEC nations to squeeze-out another two and a half million bbls of oil per day...and bring global production in-line with global demand. I don't think they can.

Also...Bloomberg: U.A.E., Qatar May Drop Dollar Pegs Within Months, National Says

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Looks like the enormous snowball headed for hell that the U$ dollar has become is gaining momentum, and no immovable object in sight. Can you say Amero, boy and girls? I’m thinking the Swiss franc might be your safest bet at the moment.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by burdman30ott6
*sigh* remember when there were spoils of war?

Your really quite sick eh,

What sort of person believes invading and occupying a nation, murdering countless innocents equals us owning their oil.

spoils of war?.. your no better than Saddam himself.

Just what exactly is a human life worth to you?
.. a full tank?
.. half a tank?
.. a jerry can?

hell, is it 10% of your SUV?

c'mon name a price, suffering and inhumane bloodshed obviously doesnt register high on your morals.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
..What do they really care anyways.

Chenney, Bush, Wolfowitz, Rice, Rove.. the Rothschilds...

All of them made billions upon billions from this war, and im certain behind the scenes all of them traded their lucrative profits into Euro's, equity in corporations that are ensured to remain long after the dollar collaspes.

This isnt happening by accident.

Why so little action when it was obvious the economy was heading into trouble?
Why continue to pump hundreds of billions into a lost cause,when the economy was quickly running out of 'decent' money?
Why allow the price of oil to continue to skyrocket?
Why continue to keep the borders open?

The economic situations is by no means a mistake, and them allowing ME countries to de-pegg the dollar is the next step.

Iraq was recently discovered as the LARGEST oil fields on the planet, now that is a key to this process.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

There are spoils of war. Haliburton, Exxon, and Blackwater are getting them all while you and I pay the tab in taxes and in oil. Pfft this whole deal makes me sick.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OBE1

You hit it on the nose my friend. Give permission even though it was going to happen whether we liked it or not. This is going to kill the dollar even more. This makes me want to buy gold all the more.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

Right MBU. Front-run the event before it occurs. Leak the story through a major investment bank. Have Merrill jawbone support for the Dollar with a statement of that reeks of false bravado. By all means friends, see to your inflationary issues...Dollar doesn't need you anyway.

Same-Old Same-Old

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join