It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever thought??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Ok not sure if this has been done on here as im new...

But has anyone everthought, that maybe when some of thses "UFO"s over time that have crashed and had lotsa fuss over.That they could be Alien, but not actualy piloeted flights and be an satalite or just somthing they sent out to discover other places.

After all we have done it. Its not exactly hard to think up.
And were just 1 of the many planets out there.

Our Voyager 1 & 2 will eventualy hit something in time to come. I hope

There fitted with a kind of record & record player to show where we are etc.

To me that sounds more possible than the alien crash landing crap. (technolgy to travel faster than light and cross unbelivable distances but crashlands at night where no people are or can see, or have a good video camera lol)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Its very likely but in the in the most famous crash roswell. they actually stated in the paper the next day that a ufo had crashed and they had recovered bodies, but the day after that the military change the story and said it was a weather balloon. oops. but it is likely that some ships, like the spheres are unmanned or unaliened i should say

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
Its very likely but in the in the most famous crash roswell. they actually stated in the paper the next day that a ufo had crashed and they had recovered bodies, but the day after that the military change the story and said it was a weather balloon. oops. but it is likely that some ships, like the spheres are unmanned or unaliened i should say

Yeah, ive saw /herd that. Dont belive everything you read in the papers though.They do like to spice up the stories.All it take is for 1 guy to ask a question and miss heer sothming. then roumors start.

Not sayingther wasnt any bodies found, its just thats what people do.And more to the point. Thats what they want to hear.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   
To expand on this concept, I have thought about things like that, as well as the Mayan calendar 2012 end of Pisces, Enoch - the only man to never die, and Melchizedek - The priest with no beginning no end, yet "made" so, immortal but not a God or creator, God as an ET, The blue book, Sumerian clay-tablet translation, sandal surfing Arabs, Blue Ray Holograms to assume control with "miracles" through Religious coercion, Time travel, Life on near planets, Planet X, magnetic pole shifting, Political Global government, Forbidden Knowledge, Circular reporting / newsworthiness (i.e. Cigars, Spears vs. head wounds and rape), hunting with Chenney, Alien Technology, Tesla, Quantum Physics, Cancer drug cures, Hubble/Infrared/Radio Scopes true imagery, Reptilian shape shifting, Famine, Tsunami, Earthquake, eruptions, global warming, Atlantis, Investigative results documents that a preschooler could determine impossible, master/slave consumer/corporation relationships, Papacy observatories, asteroids, comets, and of course second hand smoke. but I would say if the Nazi Saucers are manned, then any craft from any origin could be either. I would list more thoughts, but I must get back to my combustion engine to electric motor conversion project.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Can i just say that these other beings are FAR more advanced than we humans are.. They've been visiting and watching earth since the beginnning of time. Spiritually, technologically, humans are the infants of the universe.
Until we can develop a seamless flying saucer that goes faster than the speed of light that can weave through time and space through galactic wormholes, then that's conclusion i'm coming to.

It sounds queer written here especially when you haven't read this in the context i found it, but i've learnt that the Roswell crash was MEANT to occur - simply for our benefit. Their mission was to crash into Earth to basically get us thinking, to let us know we're "not alone".

Crazy, "out-of-this-world" i know, but i have reason to believe it is for real.
There are legions of fighter pilots and top-notch air force personnel and the like that would tell u in a beat everything they were threatened to keep shut up by the government - everything that they'd seen and all the information they'd been in on - some already have, most fear for their family's lives.

Yes alien bodies were recovered from the crash, one was supposedly alive and interviewed. Whether that's for real, i have no clue.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I've thought the following.

We don't understand abiogenesis, the origins of life, at all. We undersand even less how intelligence evolves.

The best evidence of life elsewhere is not based on scientific theory and evidence from experiments on earth. The best evidence is from credible testimony, physical samples, radar etc. and particularly where multiple sources corroborate one another. (There is a good theory in complex systems, according to which life is not highly improbable at all, but it remains theory and hasn't been realised in the test tube just yet).

The most relevant evidence indicates extraterrestrial visitation.

Planet earth is a few billion years old. I would be staggered if, in a million or several million years, we did not know how to travel to other solar systems and possibly galaxies. So, if other civilizations do exist, as the evidence indicates, it is not really that surprising some are much older than us and that they can get here. Again, the best evidence it is possible does not come from scientific experiment on earth.

Theories of the day are overthrown regularly, and there's no reason to think this won't continue to be the case.

So while it is certainly a possibility worth considering that the craft are just drones, too much of the available relevant evidence suggests otherwise, in many cases.

Quite likely in some cases, as someone said, but quite likely some are "manned" in my view.

Lastly, if unmanned craft were sent, it would presumably be because it takes a very long time. If it took a very long time, presumably signals would take a very long time to go back. I don't know there would be much incentive for intelligent life to do this, though it's possible depending on dangers etc.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by 987931]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I remember this being in a scifi/horror book once and for the life of me I cant recall the author or title, I read it about 10-15 years ago.

(quickly deletes the plot as he remember the title and author)

Dean Koontz - Strangers

Its a good read, but I've probably given a chunk of the story now

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MarktheSkepticUK

*star*......

A good thread Mark. IMO it's often human naivity which assumes "aliens" must be similiar to us. Human naivity which thinks aliens must have an "economy" which runs on a "currency" like our society. Human naivity assumes alot of things based on the few small bits of knowledge one is able to consume given a rather limited lifespan.

The UFO report has sparked some chuckles among controllers in O'Hare tower.

"To fly 7 million light years to O'Hare and then have to turn around and go home because your gate was occupied is simply unacceptable," said O'Hare controller and union official Craig Burzych.

How many of us remember that quote? To me Mr. Burzych is implying that people must not have seen what they did because traveling millions of light years to observe O'Hare airport only to return home is ridiculous. Perhaps Mr. Burzych feels pretty smug having been quoted by the media and refuting the "UFO" claims of others in a single humorous statement.

Qualifications For Air Traffic Controller:

To become an air traffic controller, a person must complete an FAA-approved education program; pass a pre-employment test; receive a school recommendation; meet the basic qualification requirements in accordance with Federal law; and achieve a qualifying score on the FAA-authorized pre-employment test. Candidates also must pass a medical exam, undergo drug screening, and obtain a security clearance before they can be hired.
Source

What I find more funny is that the average citizen will dismiss sightings based on an air traffic controller's joke. Upon reviewing the above qualifications one can plainly see that no expertise in ETs, interstellar travel, paranormal phenomenon, or advanced physical propulsion systems is required for that position.

What I like about your thread is that you don't assume every UFO uses the same technology and is piloted by a little green man. What if UFOs are probes coming from different civilizations with different capabilities? Our own Voyager (1 & 2) probes come from our Type 0 civilization (as you pointed out). Without the ability to sustain themselves, they will discontinue transmitting scientific data back to Earth by 2020.

So what happens when we have the ability to launch a self-replicating, self-sustaining probe? Well then we would have Von Neumann probes. Some UFOs might be Von Neumann like probes originating from a Type 1 civilization, and thus be more susceptible to errors (crashing) than more advanced probes coming from a Type 2 or Type 3 civilization.

People always assume that little green men travel all the way to Earth to knock off a few cows, experiment on a few people, buzz a few military installations and then go millions of light years all the way home.

Since (unfortunately) we are all confined to speculation, a more logical assumption would be they are in fact Von Neumann probes. They don't just come here and take off. They come here and set up camp and begin to self-replicate. The replicas are then sent out to the next star system while the other remain in our star system to collect data (or whatever their mission is!)

David Brin touches on this idea, pointing out that self-replicating machines launched by different species might actually compete with one another (in a Darwinistic fashion) for raw material, or even have conflicting missions. Given enough variety of "species" they might even form a type of ecology, or - should they also have a form of artificial intelligence - a society. They may even mutate with untold thousands of "generations".
Source

Such theories might not be far from the truth. Advanced probes which replicate themselves have no reason to ever "move on" completely. Certainly history is litered with sightings of flying objects. These probes could have been here for millions of years. This is a good theory because it accounts for:

1) The FTL problem in a very conventional way
2) UFOs seen battling in the skies
3) The many sightings throughout history (they have always been here and continue to stay here)
4) Radioactive side effects from UFOs caused by gamma rays (from a possible anti-matter reactor)

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 987931

Planet earth is a few billion years old. I would be staggered if, in a million or several million years, we did not know how to travel to other solar systems and possibly galaxies. So, if other civilizations do exist, as the evidence indicates, it is not really that surprising some are much older than us and that they can get here.

Yeah i take that into consideration 100% amount of planets ou there chances there is, the only factor that changes my view on it is SIZE.

Theres a realy kind of overwhelming video on you tube what shows you how small we are. It doesnt last long few seconds. but shows you the size of our planet compared to others, our sun, and some near suns.

Youtube is down right now, so i cant give links.

When you watch it, it helps you understand alittle bit more how big space is.
And if a certain race of beings did have the means to travel at the right speeds to travel places.Going in the right direction is still a challenge.

More than likley you could travel a billion miles in 1 direction in space and still not get remotley near anything. And with a spherecal 360 direction to pick you have a few choices.

Its a shame the dinosaurs didnt make spaceships, theyd of been big lol

new topics

top topics

join