It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting closer to another war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It seems like everyday the media is releasing more and more information for a cause to attack Iran, or atleast make them seem potentially dangerous. Anyone else remember this happening before the iraq war?

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It's a similar cycle. Special forces flagged targets in Iran last summer. They did so a year in advance before the first air strikes in Iraq.

There are indicators like the deployment of a second aircraft carrier near Iran. The plans to strike Iran were even drawn up before Iraq.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I totally agree, it's just sad because there basically waving it in our face saying who's going to stop us? Cause no one's stood up yet

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
True and no one will stand up for Iran militarily. Who can Syria? That would be a bonus and not much extra effort to attack.

China won't because it cannot conduct long-range warfare yet. Russia won't because it can't afford to.

The only thing would be NK going after SK or China after Taiwan to exert pressure on the US military. Look for China to do something surprising to get the US occupied with something else.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I dont think there will be ANOTHER war. just an expansion on the current one.
Also, Why do so many peple think that Neither China or Russia will get involved. They both back Iran to a point and both are more than capable financially and militarily.
The reason neither have done anything yet is because the US havn't made an impact on their interests yet, Should the US decide to go Iran then just wait and see

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I don't think China or Russia will get involved because I believe botyh are smarter than we are. Russia (USSR) learned what happens when you attempt to over-spend on military. They're gleefully watching us go down the same path right now and know that if they just stand back and let us have at it we'll bankrupt ourselves without costing them a thing. We're circling the drain right now and you have to be deaf-dumb-and-blind not to see it.

top topics

join