It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Cites New Evidence of Iranian Support for Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

US Cites New Evidence of Iranian Support for Taliban

voanews.com

The Pentagon said Wednesday Iran is continuing to provide weapons and other material to Taliban insurgents in Afghanistan, in addition to its alleged continuing support for Shiite militias in Iraq. Officials spoke to reporters Wednesday shortly after a second U.S. aircraft carrier strike group arrived in the Persian Gulf.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
What can I say but here we go again.

Either the US is determined to go in ASAFP or the US media is giving this a flogging for sensationalism. Or maybe a bit of both.

The artice then says

"These exercises are not aimed at Iran," said Dana Perino. "They reinforce that the U.S. has an enduring commitment to the region and to our allies and we continue to protect our allies and interests wherever necessary."

That way a 'new' war need not be declared as they are only continuing with thier

commitment to the region and to our allies

voanews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I hope that citizens of the US can recognize the writing on the wall. The Bush government is poising itself to go to war with Iran. They're fabricating, sorry I mean making their case rumor by rumor. It won't be long now. No sir, not long at all.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

How long have people been saying this?! I just can't see it happening and i hope it doesnt happen. Can't people just accept the evidence and take it for what it is?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

S & F

If you get a chance, look at the thread I put up, "Pentagon starts up foreign News sites"...That will tell you all you need to know about how much we can trust these liars and brainwashers. They are putting up their own fake news web-sites to spew propaganda! Couple that with their "Military analysts" spewing out fake crap on the MSM, and well....You see the pattern here. These guys are nothing but con-men feeding the Corps and MIC's war profiteering machine.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Wow, they are relentless aren't they?

Iran - godhead of the 'Axis of Evil'.

They are behind:

- North Korea
- Al-Qaida
- Taliban
- toe nail fungus

Is there no end to the 'justification for hatred'?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   
It was not too long ago that Karzai was thanking Iran for it's efforts in cutting off Taliban supply routes across the border regions. Obviously that little issue flies in the face of US assertions of Iranian collusion with the Taliban, so never made the headlines.
There has been a marked increase in demonising Iran over the last couple of weeks. I get the distinct impression all this is ramping up for a reason. Get everybody's heads filled with anti-Iranian stories to get the support for action against them. Same as happened with Iraq really.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
it wont be bush and his rich friends marching to there deaths under the hot sun ....wars are started by the rich and while they sit back in there comfy chairs the poor march of for god and country to there deaths....

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

You couldn't be more correct. There is no way an ageing bush would go over there now especially since he dodged the draft for Vietnam when he ws in his prime.

People are calling Iraq todays Vietnam and He is sending troops over by the truckload yet he refused to go when it was his turn?

President George W. Bush is a draft dodger. And his cowardice is the worst kind. Mr. Bush avoided both combat and making any kind of political statement on the War in Vietnam. While others served, giving their lives and limbs, or took part in a protest movement to end the war, the president's family connections got him a safe spot in the Texas Air National Guard. This is not the profile of a leader.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The propaganda machine cracks me up.

Countries that help America are good and countries that help the other side are bad.
If someone was invading my country,I'd set every booby trap I know how to make and use any weapon that was effective.
Since the whole Iraq invasion is illegal,I'm really wondering who is right and who is wrong.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
US Cites New Evidence of Iranian Support for Taliban?!!?

How about this title instead......

Video cites old evidence of US Support for the Taliban
-----------------------------------------------------------------
On March 19 2001
The Taliban official,Sayed Rahmatullah Hashimi,met with the US State dept and US officials.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Should we then go in and blow the bejesus out of America since they ‘support’ terrorism. Not only that but they also have Nucular(GWB) powerstaions and weaponary!
Oh wait. Nucular and nuclear are not the same thing so it’s OK for the US to have them…

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Perhaps another good story would be how the US trained and equipped the taliban a few years back.

Seemed to be OK when they did it...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Im glad Bush wasnt the president of the Soviet Union when we trained the taliban during the Soviet/Afgan war....if Bush was president then there would be no world right now...

new topics

top topics

join