It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Air Force Plans For Future War in Space

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The U.S. Air Force has filed a futuristic flight plan, one that spells out need for an armada of space weaponry and technology for the near-term and in years to come. Called the Transformation Flight Plan, the 176-page document offers a sweeping look at how best to expand America�s military space tool kit. The use of space is highlighted throughout the report, with the document stating that space superiority combines the following three capabilities: protect space assets, deny adversaries� access to space, and quickly launch vehicles and operate payloads into space to quickly replace space assets that fail or are damaged/destroyed.From space global laser engagement, air launched anti-satellite missiles, to space-based radio frequency energy weapons and hypervelocity rod bundles heaved down to Earth from space � the U.S.

Air Force flight plan portrays how valued space operations has become for the warfighter and in protecting the nation from chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and high explosive attack.A number of space-related transformational capabilities are described in the document. While some of these are seen as needed in the near-term (until 2010), others are described as mid-term efforts in 2010-2015, while some efforts are viewed as far-term, beyond 2015.

Article
space.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well here is soemthing we get to look foward too. Sitting on a high mountaina t night watching the heavens light up star wars style.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omega Pickle
Well here is soemthing we get to look foward too. Sitting on a high mountaina t night watching the heavens light up star wars style.

LOL. I would

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Good post Dream Rebel - that's what I like to see is someone doing some digging for their posts... good find.
Here are some USAF publications that could have interesting articles in them concerning Space war technology....

Vandenberg AFB, The 30th Space Wing's "Space & Missile Times"
Patrick AFB, The 45th Space Wing's "The Missileer"
Shriever AFB, The 50th Space Wing's "The Satellite Flyer"

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I am really mad because months ago, i asked for this information and no one had a clue, it was impossible, we were centuries before space weaponry would even be a reality, that was what i was told then you come and tell me this, well thanx, unlike some people you helped alot, now i know where to begin searching, i really needed this i appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
several weeks ago i made a posting in this forum it was called we own the skies the tanks are just an after thought....well needless to say the conventionally minded warfare oriented people responded....
they slammed it .....i went on in the thread and in later responses to to tell how the current weaponry that the u.s. has in space is going to make modern conventional warfare obselete and how it had not been used in a conflict yet.....well needless to say ..... there was only one person who could grasp what i was saying....there are space based weapons up there right now that are just like stuff out of star wars .....it can fry entire armys where they stand...it can fry men inside of tanks.it can fry very small areas or it can fry very large areas....it is going to make conventional warfare obselete...it just is not going to be used till the crap hits the fan

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I WANT RODS FROM GOD!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   

A number of space-related transformational capabilities are described in the document. While some of these are seen as needed in the near-term (until 2010), others are described as mid-term efforts in 2010-2015, while some efforts are viewed as far-term, beyond 2015.

What if we got nuked before that?
lol. But realy that is a pretty nice defense system.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
yah its true...infact they already have a name for it...space armed forces...i think it belongs to NORAD right now...not to sure

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:09 AM
link   

yah its true...infact they already have a name for it...space armed forces...i think it belongs to NORAD right now...not to sure

you can bet the ranch that the USAF will do everything in their power to get control over all space based weapons

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

you can bet the ranch that the USAF will do everything in their power to get control over all space based weapons

Very true... and you know that there'll be a race for who gets the first 'go' at the plan.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
wait does norad work with the USAF or is it seperate? i believe norad has already claimed space superiority...all US defence satillites are up linked to them

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Ah shoot I can't remember right off hand.

All I know is that this was linked to a slur of operations at Dreamland and other secret bases.

Ah... My mind is not working right now.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I call first dibs on the call sign Luke Skywalker! And I want R2D2 as my guide in my fighter

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
These plans for the future aren't actually all that new. In '95 the AF started designing a plan for 30 years into the future that heavily involves space.

You can access the official AF document on this subject at www.au.af.mil...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yea I remember reading that... that's when Aurora began REALLY exploding back into reports again after about 6 years. Well then again... I didn't look at any reports before '95.

You can have Luke Skywalker I want FoxForce1.

I was also hearing things about a space ready F-22 but, I can't seem to find the link to that.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by htown]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Anyone got info on the following planes?

Delphinus I
Delphinus II
Delphinus III

Any thoughts?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
never heard of Delphinus...

wait does norad work with the USAF or is it seperate? i believe norad has already claimed space superiority...all US defence satillites are up linked to them

I think it is seperate - It is used basically as intel to make sure we don't get nuked before we get our nukes off the ground and the president gets to one of his many underground playgrounds

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'm not too up to date on NORAD.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
yeah NORADs usefullness isnt what it used to be like in the cold war

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join