It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone ID this jet with booster underneath?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
might as well watch it now - just located the episode on teh internet yesterday so downloaded it overnight and was going to take some pictures

and no , im not living in the USA so hadn`t even heard of the programme

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
and no , im not living in the USA so hadn`t even heard of the programme

British English is not allowed on this forum, only American English, so it's program not "programme" what is that anyway?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

I'll try and find some screen shots of it too.

The footage was only black and white.

Oddly since I've since learned more about it, I wonder why they were showing footage of the Regulus launching in a program about an event in 1965?

Granted there was reportedly one launch at Edwards (May 1956), but why play footage of an unrelated event at an unrelated time period?

While we're talking about it, here's another pic:

Also found this quote interesting (from site link above)

some of the Regulus II cruise missiles being used as target drones for Bomarc missiles, at the Eglin Gulf Test Range, which was adjacent to the Venice Municipal Airport, in Venice, Florida. They would be flown at supersonic speed to Eglin Air Force Base, during these training flights for Bomarc crewmembers, and surface-to-air Bomarc missiles, with a top speed of Mach 2.8 and a range of 250 miles, would be fired from Santa Rosa Island, in Florida, which was under the command of the Montgomery Air Defense Sector, at Gunter Air Force Base, in Alabama, about 150 miles away, to track them down.

-B

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
You'd be surprised at how much stock footage is used for events that have absolutely no relationship to the topic being shown. It's my pet peeve...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
OK, here's the stock footage from the show.

Only 6 seconds but you can see it taking off from the railed carrier.

Regulus II launch

[edit on 2-5-2008 by Badge01]

<< 1   >>

join