It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do? If body parts where still hid in your house

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This is a very odd event but one that could happen to anyone really.

You buy a house... then find out that 20yrs ago there was a murder there. But then you find out that bits of the body still remain in that house and worst of all you were never told this!
you happen to be watching a documentry a see you house on it!!!!

The couple what to sue for damages...

And breaking news on this is they have just lost there appeal...

www.sky.com...

A couple who discovered their new home was the scene of a horrific murder have failed in their bid to get damages from the sellers.
They had no idea that a previous owner had butchered his 13-year-old adopted daughter and hid parts of her body around the house and garden.

Whats your thoughts on this?
I think i would be kinda creeped out of the thought that parts of the body still lay hidden in the house.
Surley we have a right to know before we buy a house that this kinda of thing has happend..and only 20yrs ago

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I always thought that there was a disclosure law. When I bought my house, they had to disclose that the heating pipes were wrapped in asbestos. I could be wrong though.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Well thats what i thought!

Unless ther law here in the UK is different!

(lol remember rank my thread :@) )

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Whoa - - I think I would set up some ghost cams and start the paranormal investigations..

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yeah there is a disclosure law, same hold true if you buy a house that is known to be haunted.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
when my family moved into this house they had to disclose there there was a murder and a suicide here. i would have throught that they would have cleaned out those body parts though... that's just creepy. i would probably move if we found some... just don't look under the crawl space in my room... there's no body parts there... no, none at all... *insert shifty eyes here*

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Can you imagin thinking about putting new flooring in..
and finding body parts!

And they say he also hid parts in the garden!

eww next time your dog runs in with a bone!!!!

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
that is terrible. and now the poor people that own the house now won't be able to sell it because the story of the murder's out. that's a lousy situation.

and I think I can feel confident there are no stray body parts in my house right now, because our cat probably would have found it and eaten it.
damn cat. you'd think we never fed him. but I digress.

posted on Feb, 28 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Calm down people!

Firstly, there were NO body parts remaining in the house. Lord knows where THAT nonsense came from.

The reason the Disclosure Law didn't work in this case was that the house has changed hands a number of times since the murder. Somewhere along the line someone forgot to tell someone else that particular little part of the house's history, and as a result, over time it was basically forgotten about.

Lastly, there's a sort of happy ending. The house was put up for rent, and an Australian family have already moved in. Their strange logic was that the murder history would only have bothered them if they were local to the area. as they were newcomers, they couldn't care less.

Must be something to do with the criminal gene so many of those Aussies carry!

new topics

top topics

join