It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real World // what do you believe ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
ok i am going to start of by saying have you ever seen the film "The Matrix" of course you have who hasn't well lets say that everyone in the world is in a server like every new born is like they are entering the server and when we die we are logging off
now also like the matrix you can leave this world we are in now and go to the real world
in this world we can do anything if we want to "fly" "breath underwater"
"walk thru walls" its posable take TK ( Telekinesis ) for example we can bend the spoon
no really we can why because its not really there we can create stuff out of thin air if we wanted to so you might ask what the Hell i do not believe this Bull or you could say OH MY GOD HOW well all you have to do is make your mind make it real ( Its really hard trust me i have tried ) hmm i guess there is another way you could goto a hypnotist and ask you to make you believe a cup is really in your hand ( she wont see it tho no one except you will unless they believe there is a cup in your hand to ) so you could fill this cup with rum whisky water juice etc etc if you do not believe me that fine altho i did read in the paper onetime a guy went to see a hypnotist and he/she made him believe he saw a leprechaun the guy ran away believing he was chasing a leprechaun just his luck he did not get run over

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I believe in science.

And cheese toast.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I had some extra caps and punctuation just laying around so I thought I would donate them to your post (what can I say, I'm REALLY bored at the moment). Hope you dont mind.

OK. I am going to start off by saying, "Have you ever seen the film, The Matrix"? Of course you have, who hasn't? Well, lets say that everyone in the world is in a server. Like every new born is entering the server and when we die we are logging off. Now also, like the matrix, you can leave this world, and go to the real world. In this world we can do anything. If we want to "fly", "breath underwater" or "walk thru walls" its possible. Take TK ( Telekinesis ), for example we can bend the spoon.
No really we can. Why? Because its not really there. We can create stuff out of thin air if we wanted to.

So you might ask "What the Hell?" I do not believe this bull. Or you could say OH MY GOD HOW? Well, all you have to do is make your mind make it real ( Its really hard, trust me, I have tried ). Hmm, Iguess there is another way. You could go to a hypnotist and ask you to make you believe a cup is really in your hand (she won't see it though, no one except you will, unless they believe there is a cup in your hand too). So you could fill this cup with rum, whisky, water, juice etc. etc. If you do not believe me, that's fine, although I did read in the paper one time that a guy went to see a hypnotist and he/she made him believe he saw a leprechaun. The guy ran away believing he was chasing a leprechaun. Just his luck he did not get run over.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well, as long as we are incased in this fleshy body, we are bound by the current laws of physics. Most of us don't know how to do those OBE either. So yeah, the matrix exists for all.

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Actually, I think the question "What is real?" is perfectly valid (so do most philosophers, past and present).

First you have to ask yourself, "How can reality be determined?"

Some say that reality is determined by knowledge.
If you believe this then you must ask yourself, "What is knowledge and how can it be obtained?" Better yet, ask yourself, "Is true knowledge ever really able to be obtained?"

Some say that reality is determined by perception.
If you believe this then you must ask youself, "How many realities are there?" Also, "Does everyone percieve the same reality?" "Does defining 'reality' really matter?"

It's a time old question with more proposed answers than I could possibly hope to list.

Personally, I think that there is no true way to know that you are in a Matrix world. Most people say that they believe that they are in a 'real' world because they know it is real. But that argument is about as sound as saying, "I'm right because I say I'm right, and, oh, by the way, I define that which is right." The argument just doesn't work and, in my opinion, is largely used by people who refuse to even entertain the notion that their perception of reality may be lacking in its entirety.

new topics

top topics

join