It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm never eating Taco Bell again!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Yum yum, lemme order two rat droping, disease ridden, insect infested tacos please. With extra bacteria sauce. mmm mmm good!

After reading your post thelibra it has suddenly made me hungry...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Madness you just might be right.

For some reason the sound of a Zesty Chicken Bowl sounded good to me yesterday.

I was thinking, "after I feel better I think I might get me one of those Zesty Chicken Bowls." Lol I must be crazy

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I love the occassional Double Beef Burrito Supreme....... Mmmmmmm.......... My secret? I put so much hot sauce on it that those sneaky bacteria go flyin' off of that Double Beef Burrito and stuff.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I just go to my brother's house and order the food I want and he makes me the gourmet special version.

Whereas some people have an urge to eat every four hours, he has an urge to -cook- every four hours.

(I kid you not).

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

You should sue taco bell for hospital bills, loss of work and distress...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Haha yeah, I generally try to avoid any greasy or oily fast food, especially Taco Bell!!! Urg I haven't ate there for nearly 6 years now and thank goodness, I always feel a little sick after eating there, not only that but their food in my opinion are EXPENSIVE, and you don't really get much out of it either. Freakin 5 dollars for 3 b*tch tacos and a small drink....heck no!!!

And ElectricUncleSam, I don't think he can sue, unless if he still kept a piece of his burrito or taco, otherwise he has no proof, but I think in this cause suing is justified. However, normally I can't stand people who go "sue-happy," I hate it, I remember when I accidently bump my luggage into those businessman at the airport, and he made a big scene out of it, he fell to the ground, curled up in a ball, and started screaming "in pain"..I was 11 years old, 4'2 and probably under 100lbs at the time...onlookers just told me to ignore him, and I did...he just yelled at me and told me to come back so he can write down my information...people had to step in for me and curse the guy out.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

People who do that, bump into you and feign injury and try to extort you are called 'floppers'.

They pretend to be hit by cars at low speed and then fall to the ground and flop around, hoping to get you to give them money to avoid litigation.

I happened to hear the term in a movie last night. (Bad Moon with Mariel Hemmingway).

Best thing to do is just get away from them before they can get details, or if they are near your car just 'out' them by saying you're wise to 'floppers' and walk away.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If you suffer in future, make sure you collect a "sample" of anything that comes out of you (either end).

Not for the doctor, but so you can take it into the fast food place and demand a refund if that fails, try "flinging" it around the place a bit to send the message of dissaproval home

Or....just don't eat that junk

Living here in rural france has it's advantages I suppose. Although the french eat some pretty wierd things, fast food is not in the standard diet really, just in the bigger towns and cities.

Even "ready-meals" aren't that poular either.

If you can grow it, shoot it, trap it or raise it, they'll eat it, but mass-processed, served-in-a-bun type stuff is rare (thank goodness).

You must choose how often you want to puke I suppose......at least stock up on microwavable stuff...."nuke" the critters to death before they digest YOU!

[edit on 6/5/2008 by nerbot]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Ah Taco Hell from Taco Bell. I am quiet familar with it. Usually starts about a hour after eating large amounts of Taco Bell. That is why I try and only eat it a couple times a year. It actually feels like I am poisoning myself, but it taste so good.

Try the Fresco Tacos there. I find that they don't give you the same gross feeling as their regular tacos.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Yeah, the wife and I almost never do fast food anymore... except when it comes to fried chicken, cause I haven't learned how to make that yet, don't have a fryer, and even if I did, it's a dang-ol' mess. I mean, why buy McGrade-D-but-Edibles when you can grill your own in roughly the same time it takes to get in the car, drive there, buy it, and drive back? Anything at Taco bell, likewise, can pretty much be made in 30mins or less.

Homemade food is so much better, healthier, and less prone to giving you deathworms of doom in the ol' gut.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Its really tough to sue a restaurant for food poisoning. First off its tough to prove that you contracted your illness from said restaurant, especially if you are the only person who has come forward with symptoms. Second, even if you can prove that you got sick from their restaurant, the restaurant has an out, because if they can prove(via clean procedures documents) that they followed all the requirements for maintaining a safe environment. They basically get a free pass.

Food poisoning happens much more than people realize because it often goes undiagnosed. I will tell everyone here there is no such thing as a 24-48 hour flu or stomach virus. If you get sick (throwing up, diarrea, sweating) for 72 hours or less and then you are fine. It was probably food poisoning.

I rarely eat out because I have seen what goes on in restaurants. I'm a dietician and ServSafe certified, so i know what restaurants have to do to be considered "safe" and i would not allow some of these practices in my own home.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by iamcamouflage

I've also worked in a restaurant setting; was an IT manager, but covered dining services on the weekends. Though this was a large conglomerate in a hospital setting they had the same problems and rules as a regular restaurant.

They did try to follow the rules, but since the workers were often low paid and undereducated, the managers sometimes had a hard time enforcing things.

However, I was continually amazed at how dirty and greasy everything was. It was hell to climb under the desks to fix or hookup one of the PCs. Everything was covered in a layer of gummy residue and this was in an office area somewhat away from food prep areas, though it was on the same floor, and around a corner.

Most of the time the workers tried to observe safe practices, they often didn't really understand how easily food can be contaminated.

So I'm not surprised that eating in restaurants can be a hazardous proposition. I guess the main hazard has to be breaches in refrigeration and allowing food to be partially thawed and refrozen. Surprisingly, though, the biggest contributor to bacteria is the salad and salad bar, which can harbor the bad type of E. coli.

If you're going to eat out, try to pick restaurants with good reputations and avoid highly prepared foods and things that sit on the stove in large pots, like 'soup of the day', I'd guess.

posted on Aug, 22 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join