It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm never eating Taco Bell again!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

God I hate puking! I feel a bit better now, but I still feel a little nauseous.

Lesson of the day: Don't eat cheap ass disgusting food!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Probably a case of food poisoning, undercooked food or unwashed hands. I suggest you lodge a complaint, some types of food poisoning can kill you.
Its pretty difficult to get food poisoning if you are handling food properly. And you dont want anyone else getting sick because of their neglegence.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Same thing happened to me many years ago at a FF restaurant, I think called Jack-in-the-box.

I can't remember what it was, probably a fish sandwich.

Within a few minutes I started feeling that old familiar queasy feeling and had to pull over and barfed up the whole thing.

Ya gotta wonder what would cause that kind of thing, because I don't know of any substance besides ipecac that causes almost immediate vomiting.

I felt perfectly fine afterwards and no other problems.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
Probably a case of food poisoning, undercooked food or unwashed hands. I suggest you lodge a complaint, some types of food poisoning can kill you.

No, no, no, that's not possible. Food poisoning due to bacterial contamination or undercooked food takes a while to make you sick. Basically the bacteria produces toxins which then build up and cause illness. I think it's 24-48 hrs before it happens.

This is something else, and I could never figure it out.

There was nothing odd about the food and at least in my case it happened within a few minutes, no more than 20-30 min, maybe sooner.

If it had been some kind of chemical, like soap or industrial solvent that got inadvertently put on the food but I didn't taste anything odd either.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

It took about six hours after I ate it for me to puke it up.
:shk:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

That's still too quick to be bacterial contamination, but I guess it's possible.

According to Wiki 'food poisoning':

If symptoms occur within 1–6 hours after eating the food, it suggests that it is caused by a bacterial toxins rather than live bacteria

So I stand corrected, somewhat. I was thinking live bacteria.

The weird thing with mine is that afterwards I was perfectly fine. So it couldn't have been anything particularly dangerous.

As you might know certain plants can cause fairly quick vomiting, mushrooms and stuff like that. But you usually feel pretty bad at some point. I just felt the vomiting feeling, came on pretty fast, I barfed and then I was totally fine.

How about you any aftereffects?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I get this from eating at White Castle, they don't call them sliders for nothing. I don't get pukey sick but it launches itself from the other end.

Usually at inopertune moments.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When deciding where to eat out and my wife mentions Taco Bell I remind her of the diarrito.

Every Taco Bell in my city is dirty and has the worst service. The KFC's are a close second.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Thinking about it some more I suppose that if it was a fish sandwich that the fish had spoiled and accumulated bacterial toxins, but no live bacteria, then that could have resulted in my becoming sick, and I suppose there are things which trigger the barf reflex or something.

What was odd was that it didn't taste bad, it didn't make me "sick" per se, just caused nausea and then the saliva starts running copiously, and you just know you're going to barf and soon.

Then afterwards I was fine.

Anyway, I almost never eat at FF restaurants. In fact I'm sure if I hand any idea what went on in them these days I'd be sure I made the right decision.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I had a nasty case of food poisoning from a cashew chicken salad at Culver's
100% sure it was the salad dressing. That
hit me a day or two later and I was out for the count. I felt like I was going to die for two days. Probably
over 200 times. nothing more fun then drinking water so you can have somthing to

reflecting on the sick times really makes oneself appreciate being in good health. Too good health and Good Food!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I would be willling to bet most people have had a similar experience ot some Fast Food place.

Mine was at Taco Bell too... Late night style... then i woke up in the middle of the night, and was pretty sick for the next day, i couldn't make it to school, or keep anything in my stomache...

The TB i got it from is notorious for food posining, i knew several people that had the same thing happen at that place....

PS, if you get fish from a fast food place, you are braver then I, thatds like ordering sushi in the desert....

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Only rule for eating at Taco Bell.

Stay away from the meat at taco bell.......and the beans, oh and the cheese, and also the lettuce, tomatoes, rice, guacamole, tortilla shells, sour cream and chives.

I think the fire sauce is safe

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I still cannot eat smoked sausage. UGGGGGG! And this happened about nine years ago. Never, ever, ever again.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I'd agree now that ordering certain things from FF restaurants is risky, that's why I don't do it.

Every once in a while I'll get an order of fries, but that's it. (like once every six months).

I worked as a manager at a food service company back in 2002-3, and got to see just how easy it is for the food to get contaminated. Depending on the number of employees, it's an impossible task to make sure all of them are in compliance with not only the food regulations, but also with occupational safety. They're just not well-educated enough to know when something is hazardous, or they lack a sense of responsibility.

You have to stay on them all the time to wash their hands and wear gloves and to wear the kevlar gloves needed if they are working with sharps.

In addition, if they're responsible for food being wasted, they know they'll be hassled, or even docked pay. So they are quite willing to pick food up off the floor and use it rather than be cited for wasting it.

Even supervisors who fail to record refrigerator temps will realize they let something thaw that should not have, and they'll hide the fact and freeze the food again without telling anyone.

So it's not just FF, it's really any restaurant.

Now the majority of them are probably OK, in that we don't have a substantial epidemic of people falling ill, but it's prevalent enough that you can't be sure of the real scope.

This is all in addition to employees deliberately adulterating the food, being disgruntled, or angry at the customers, or just lacking maturity and doing it as a joke.

Frankly, I'm amazed it doesn't happen more often than it does.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   

i've said this before...but i went back.

they always go back

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I don't blame you man! I have a bad experience every time I eat there... Every time I eat from any taco bell I get all shaky, like I'm having a blood sugar attack or something... Serious, there is something wrong with the food... Either it's a spice they use or something is like mentioned before, under cooked or spit on... Not to mention every store I've been too seems to be run by 14 year olds too... What's up with that? I mean you know the younger the people are the more likely the store is dirty and spit is in your food...

oh and for the record I haven't eaten there in about year...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:09 AM
link   
yeah puking occurs alot with fast food! Thats why i eat healthily like salads and stuff! You should try just making pasta or something before work then eat that if you feel hungry!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
One thing that just occurred to me is that it may be possible that the FF restaurants (and maybe other processed food vendors) might not be beneath putting things in the food to cause us to be mildly addicted to it.

Obviously they've done this with sugar in the cereals, and they have whole divisions of tasters and testers who check the food for things like 'mouth feel' and other aspects of appetite.

In the case of FF one of those types of foods is MSG. It's also known by the name 'Accent' and is a 'flavor enhancer'.

That's probably a big reason people who get sick on the food ill keep coming back.

If the illness that occurs is too far removed from the simulus, often times we don't even make the connection.

2 cents.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Well, like a line-cook said in one of the recent fast-food documentaries, "There's a reason it only costs 99 cents."

Examine the path of your Taco Bell meal.

It starts with the lowest-priced ingredients possible. This means genetically altered, abused, sub-par meat, probably raised in extremely crowded, disease-ridden conditions. In the case of beef, after the "good parts" like the steaks and such are removed, the leftovers are quite literally swept up off the floor along with any other trash, bugs, rat droppings, etc, sort-of de-boned, bathed in a light acid to make what bone, trash, and other stuff more pliable and less colorful, ground up, inspected by the FDA, and then whatever manages to pass the bare minimum requirements for beef is placed into "Utility" grade packages (assuming it's even graded by the USDA, which it probably wasn't).

The veg used are going to be little more than colorful water containers. They are grown not for nutritional content, but for color and size. You would probably get more nutrition from a photo of a tomato than you would the tomato bits used in Taco Bell food.

These are stored indefinitely, frozen with whatever vermin are crawling within at the time, shipped by the lowest possible costs which might be subar trucks with deficient cooling systems and yet more vermin.

It then arrives at a store and is unloaded by a combination of high school kids that couldn't give a damn and adults who are either unfit to work anywhere else, or between jobs and really not that concerned about their treatment of your future meal. Between 1 and 3 in 10 of these people never wash their hands after using the restroom. Any number of them along the way could be sick with any number of diseases.

These same people then cook your food, and then, because of a combination of apathy and cost-cutting, should your food be dropped on the floor (which at least once a day has sewer-water covering it due to the grease causing the drains to back up, and then mopped up with the same mop water that's been used on the bathroom floor), or the cooking surface (which is cleaned perhaps once a day with the same rag they use to clean the toilet with), it is merely scooped back up into the rest of the meal.

Should your food preparer need to spit, either a loogie or a mouthful of chaw-spit, they might just spit directly into the food they are preparing, out of spite against the world in general. Each food preparer works with the full knowledge that a customer will almost never open up their food to examine what they are eating, and the few that do, assuming the can recognize that there is something there that shouldn't be, will be placated with a replacement meal or a refund of their 99 cents.

That is what you are eating when you buy fast food.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
What's up guys, sorry I haven't posted in two days.

When I made the original post, I thought that was the last of my woes. Man was I wrong.

Later on that night at about 10 p.m I started feeling queasy again. That night I ended up puking about six times and diarrhea all night. I ended up having to go to the Urgent Care in the morning cause I was losing to much fluids from my body.

Yesterday I slept pretty much the whole day, though I didn't vomit once.

Today I feel a hell of a lot better thank God. I think by tomorrow or the day after I will feel back at 100%.

Thanks for all your posts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join