It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel North and Rev Wright

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Here is Colonel Oliver North on Rev Wright.

This is a good watch regardless of which side you are on.

Semper

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Things get interesting when applying the same standard to the Bush family ties to the Bin Laden family is discussed. North avoids the issue like a slick politician. Otherwise I still stand by my view that religion and politics shouldn't mix. I haven't said much on Wright preferring to let things play out before I pass judgement . Now that some time has passed I must say that IMO Wright is a Kook who exploits the plight of what has been termed the underclass in order to further his warped agenda.

I wouldn't take to kindly a religious figure preaching that Pakeha are responsible for the plight of Maori who have lower life expectancy and so on. Maori are capable of successful endeavours just like anyone and I am sure that the same goes for African Americans . It is a pretty sad state of affairs when you have to point that it using those who have had success should be used as role models for anyone who has aspirations of bettering themselves.

Role models don't need to be manufactured for political purposes they will appear by themselves and will quiet likely be an inspiration to a whole nation rather then just one racial group. I am going to stop before I get a warn for going off topic.

Note to the reader Pakeha is a Maori term for Kiwi of European descend .

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
xpert11,

I'll agree with you to some extent that politics and religion should not walk hand in hand in terms of policy. I would, however, prefer my political leaders to share the same Christian values that I hold dear.

Having said that, I think the main problem I have with this whole Wright thing is not the religious aspect of it. I think people are too quick to jump on the it's no big deal because politics and religion shouldn't mix bandwagon because he is a "pastor". When I really don't think religion has anything to do with it at all.

My main issue with this is the simple association of this man to Obama. It would bother me just as much if it were some other close friend who spoke this hate rhetoric. My problem is wondering what kind of person Obama really is to be such close friends with this man. Does he agree with him? Does he share those same hateful views of America? Those are the questions that bother me about this man and Obama.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   

My problem is wondering what kind of person Obama really is to be such close friends with this man. Does he agree with him? Does he share those same hateful views of America? Those are the questions that bother me about this man and Obama.

Do you agree with all of your friends opinions? Do you agree with all of your pastors opinions? Are you not on ATS (a community that is known for it fringe attitudes)?

I may sound like I am defending Obama for this, but I think Colmes has a point in this segment.

In this situation, two things are ridiculous.
1. Rev. Wright. He is a living parody of himself. How in Gods green Earth does a man get rich scheming people and preaching filth?
2. The idea that politicians must agree with whoever they shake hands with. Being friends with someone with unpopular views is not like taking a campaign donation (bribe) from this same person. Now, Obama can't extract any votes from Wright so I won't worry about him changing America to something more suitable for Wright.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
DINSTAAR naturally I don't always agree with my friends all the time . Myself I do draw a line in the sand somewhere concerning peoples views . I wouldn't be friends with a Neo Nazi or religious extremist for example . Obama either doesn't draw a line in the sand or finds Wright views tolerable. Neither of those two things reflect well on Obama the man who wants to be the leader of the free world .

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I am siding with Colmes on this. Obama is being attacked with guilt by association. This is a distraction from the real issues. Wright is a nut job, yes. That doesn't automatically make Obama a nut job. Like Colmes said, has Obama ever presented any legislation or does his voting record reflect that he shares Wrights beliefs?

I think there is a large population of people who are being very irrational about this topic. Somehow they have put the comments of one of Obama's associates above the economy, the war and every other issue that is important to our nations survival. Perhaps I am the irrational one though, since I just can't fathom how this issue can be viewed as having equal importance.

new topics

top topics

join