It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Want Gas Tax Increase

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Well an addition problem is our dollar weakness. Estimates range, but anywhere fom 5-as much as maybe 20% of the recent oil price increases can probably be attributed to the dollars weakness. At first I was all for it to rebalance trade, but we went somehow from allowing the dollar to correct, to letting it plummet. The US peso as Kudlow says.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Americans ought to protect themselves from such a repressive regime!

Here in the UK, we are already paying $10 a gallon. I recently paid $120 to fill up my car, which will give me about 400 miles of movement.

What the idiotic left wingers and eco-nuts fail to see is that petrol is not some luxury which can be taxed to reduce consumption, it is a bloody necessity of the common man.

What next- a tax on food to discourage consumption... oh wait, that's their plan to tackle obesity...

Or would the final step be to tax your death?

America take heed. All the measures above have already been imposed upon us in the UK. Our blood is being squeezed out, bit by bit. Please make sure the same doesn't happen to you!

Thus is the failing of liberal ideology- their solution to everything is to tax it (i.e to steal more money for no reason).

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Hmm.

And I wonder if this proposed increase in the gas tax is included with the taxes they are sure to add to help us fight "global warming"?

Anyway, those of you who are going back and forth about who is making the money and setting the cost of oil in this country should check out...

This Thread

...in which we have been discussing this very topic for a few days now with some great research.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join