It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Forces Dressing In Black To "Instill Fear" In Citizens

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

If they are patrolling, as opposed to responding to an incident that might require such a get up, I have a problem with it. The ESU should not be on regular patrol duty in other words.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

In a free state, they really are us.

This is not a free state. It hasn't been since the Constitution was suspended in 1933, and all sovereignty was turned over to the receivers of the US bankruptcy. This is why children can be taken away from their mothers by order of the state, without any criminal charges being filed. Because they are the property of the Federal Reserve by proxy of the state.

And by the way, New Orleans cops wear black leather jackets.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Only when it's cold and their trousers and caps are dark blue.

As for your assertion that the US not being a free state, I just have to say that you are not living in the United States I inhabit.

[edit on 2008/5/6 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Only when it's cold and their trousers and caps are dark blue.

This is true.

As for your assertion that the US not being a free state, I just have to say that you are not living in the United States I inhabit.

I understand that what I stated may be difficult to accept, but it is well documented, and more importantly, it is true.

Or as Morpheus would say...

You've been living in a dream world, Neo. This is the world as it exists today... Welcome.. to the desert.. of the real.

[edit on 5/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Well, I feel free, however, I do remember a time when it was safe in America to walk the streets day or night without fear of be robbed at gunpoint or even murdered by some drugged-crazed varmint, which is what it is what it's like to be really free, but that was long after 1933.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

The rise of crime is a reflection of the lack of meaningful opportunity. Then of course this is then compounded by a viscious cycle of ignorance on a generational level, where children and grandchildren of those who initially slipped into poverty become more and more disenchanted with, and detached from the moral fiber and the values of this once great nation.

[edit on 5/6/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by N1cotine

You've gotta admit that black looks smart and impressive though.
In fact i heard somewhere that the SS uniforms were designed and made by a top fashion designer, back in the day....

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Then read "WHY"....How unfortunate for me to have the "other" crowd online tonight.

What is it you dont get? Its telling you specifically they want to GIVE A FEELING OF TERROR....

I wont lose any sleep tonight over any of you.
Think whatever you want.
Its still a semi-free country.
Wood dee doop.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by dgtempe]

Personally they don't terrify me. I sleep better at night knowing that they're out patrolling around, tan, black, blue, whatever, because it means I'm less likely to have to hop out of bed and shoot an intruder. Some of those guys would get off on being told to harass citizens. Most police I've ever talked to off the job really do have a sense of duty--which means they're there to protect you, and not only that, but they're just regular people who chose to have a difficult, and dangerous, job.

At this point in American history, you still have little to fear from most police unless you're doing something wrong.

Even if the United States were to be put under martial law, I would think we'd have little to fear from the common soldier--they're all volunteers. I'm sure there were some pretty nice fellas, just trying to keep their nose clean until they could get the hell out of the nightmare they were in, even in the Nazi ranks.

I'll acknowledge we have big problems in this country, and some of it is with police...but police wearing black isn't it.

Besides, I want criminals to fear the police.

We haven't gotten as bad as other countries yet. You know what they do to robbery suspects in Brazil? Know how they handle prison crowding? The two have the same solution, and it involves lead.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by regeya

Personally they don't terrify me. I sleep better at night knowing that they're out patrolling around, tan, black, blue, whatever, because it means I'm less likely to have to hop out of bed and shoot an intruder.

Well, maybe this will help you lose some sleep...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

This is not a free state. It hasn't been since the Constitution was suspended in 1933, and all sovereignty was turned over to the receivers of the US bankruptcy. This is why children can be taken away from their mothers by order of the state, without any criminal charges being filed. Because they are the property of the Federal Reserve by proxy of the state.

Not that old thing again...that order was rescinded in 1934. The President does indeed have the power to dissolve the Constitution during time of emergency or insurrection, though...

...aw hell, I just remembered that several investment banks are looking like they're about to fold. To get further off topic, will Shrubbie use the banking crisis to take over?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by regeya

...that order was rescinded in 1934.

Genuine question here, do you have a link for that?

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
reply to post by N1cotine

You've gotta admit that black looks smart and impressive though.
In fact i heard somewhere that the SS uniforms were designed and made by a top fashion designer, back in the day....

Interesting that such a comment would fall in this thread...

According to Massachusetts State Police historians, Hitler actually copied the design of the MSP field uniform for his elite troops! I've heard that from several sources, one of whom is one of the curators of the new/almost completed MSP museum.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
At first glance I dismissed this thread but now that my local "state" police - OPP - Ontario Provincial Police has gone to black and whites with a new program of "higher visibility" I must admit I am intrigued. The old blue and yellow stripe on white was insipid compared to the new military look.

One of the goals of the new OPP program is:

High Visibility:
The new OPP black and white cruisers are a feature of this.

All front-line members must look beyond the initial violation and take appropriate action when faced with inappropriate or criminal activity. This component is pertinent to the relentless pursuit of detecting and apprehending impaired and drug-induced drivers and removing dangerous criminals from our highways.

www.oapsb.ca...

www.opp.ca...

Are they more intimidating. Probably. But I think it is more than just that. People in Ontario grew up with OPP cruisers as traditional black and whites from the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's and the authorities may want to link the past with the present with the use of these new cruisers.

Incidently, the high visibility component of the program may be working because I see more and more of them every day !!

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join