It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Forces Dressing In Black To "Instill Fear" In Citizens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Isnt that funny!
Hey, what skin color are you? I just ran into the neatest site "How to make Voodoo dolls" and i have some time to play tonight.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow. What a crazy thread. All over the color black

I suppose im one of those pathetic sheep.

Funny thing is. The nearest large town to me has a VERY high crime rate. And the police drive around in baby blue police cars. LMAO!!!!!!
Every time I see one, I laugh.

Maybe if the police would drive around in black patrol cars w/ black tinted windows then the crime rate would lower.

Really, there are mass amounts of thug criminals walking these streets. And I dont think they are intimated ENOUGH by police. Im sick of reading about all the empathy for people who choose to commit crimes. Enough is enough. In my 30+ years of life, I have NEVER had a negative experience with a cop. And I have lived a very full life too. Wonder why that is. Hmmm.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have absolutely no empathy for criminals.

Where did i write that one?

This thread is a comedy now.

Jokes welcomed.

This has been more like the sodomy of a thread. Whats the penalty for that one?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Im sick of reading about all the empathy for people who choose to commit crimes.

This issue has absolutely zero to do with empathy for scumbags. It's a show of concern among citizens, of the trend toward militancy among the police, and this issue with the uniforms is but one example of that trend.

[edit on 5/1/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I have a lot of police that frequent my store where I work in Perth, Western Australia.

I have notices a shift from their blue and black uniforms to all black or very dark blue boler suit with a some head splitting black boots. Webbing over the torso and a fall on bat utility belt.

They look mean - but they are cool as we get on well. I just wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of them.

But I think the OP has a point, the black uniforms are also showing up in Australia and they do look a hell of a lot more intimidating.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Sorry, I didn't mean you. I just meant in general. The cop bashing in general, etc.
I wasnt trying to bash you

I just see it differently I guess...I think cops should look very intimidating

[edit on 1-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I just see it differently I guess...I think cops should look very intimating

I think cops should look like cops, not the SWAT team. In other words, they should look professional. There are plenty of times when a starched and pressed shirt with a tie would be far more appropriate than a tactical vest and a ball cap. Take death notices for example. Do they really need to intimidate some poor family who just lost a loved one in a car wreck?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   

This is the Suit they are wearing now.

I just love the name of this range of nust have Perth Police acceasories, the Stromtrooper Tactical Overt Body Armour (Police & Media).

These guys are just regular beat bobbies or traffic police.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I remember watching this movie when I was younger, in a time when most people thought this sort of thing was not even plauseable. Now cops today remind me of the cops in this movie, and even food riots like the one that start this movie off are a very distinct possibility. Not to mention the deception that is perpetrated in the MSM.

www.imdb.com...

Here's a clip of the movie. At about two minutes you'll see how they portrayed the events at the food riot, and it is chillingly realistic to the complicity we see in the actual MSM today.

Here's the original trailer...

This is a link to the re-release trailer that mentions security in the post-9/11 world...

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It is sickening to read some posters here say that cop's should look intimidating. What about " protect and SERVE" do you not comprehend? Servants are NOT supposed to be bullying and intimidating their employers. Also, one poster actually said that if you were not doing anything wrong, then the police would not bother you!! What world are they living in? Read about police misconduct sometime for a few hours and then tell us about cop's...they cannot be trusted, ever.

Cop's today are scum for the most part, and not to be looked up to or trusted at all. They are professional liars, and worse. If a cop bothers an innocent person and violates their rights, which is happening all day every day all across this nation, then that cop is a thug and should be taken out. One day i believe that society will boil down to survival, and cop's will be afraid to show their ugly faces unless they are actually doing their jobs..imagine that. One day all cop's will either be polite and NOT harrass and bother the People, or they will end up in a ditch somewhere.

Cop's today pull over drivers all the time based on illegal profiling, and demand ( DEMAND!!) that drivers throw away their rights and allow consent searches..the dogs..and usually the intimidated person lets them crap on our rights..sick. The people should always, every time, tell every cop to go to hell if they ask for anything at all: If a cop has to ask, he has NO RIGHT to it. Remember that. If they had a right, they would NOT ask, they just storm in and take, like the thugs they are. But if they ask, they are bluffing and lying, as usual.

IO trust NO cop's..never. They all are capable of violating your rights without any second thoughts and they do so all the time..awful. This nation is on the ropes..when cop's, of all people, are assumed to be something special, that is a sick society. Like soldiers, cop's should be used sparingly and kept away from the decent people as much as possible. Regular folks do NOT want some nasty, smelly, thuggish pig intimidating them and delaying their travels while this filth demands things he has no right to..what a country.

Never give consent. Never speak to the filth. Never answer any questions. You have rights, still, although the average cop would LOVE to have ZERO rights for us...just ask one. If they would be honest, which is almost impossible for chronic liars like cop's, they would tell you that they would love to be able to search all the time on demand..to do anything they want to...with us having NO say at all. That is a dream for the cop's, and sickeningly, they are getting there fast. People need to get over putting these scum on a pedastel and realize they are necessary evils that much be watched closely and never trusted.

Black clothes..black hearts..black souls..typical for a cop. We need to understand that when it gets down to it, they are the enemy of a free people iof they do not tow the line and obey the laws...but cop's hate to obey the law..they have NO respect for the law..it is a tool they use to bludgeon us with...damned cops. I wish they wopuld all wear black all the time...that way when we defend ourselves from them we won't get any innocents along with the trash..the cop's..

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

It is believed that the Nazis took the idea from the "blackshirts" in Italy years before the creation of the SS.

Leave it to the Italians to extend their sense of fashion even into the totalitarian realm.

There's a certain consistency about that I actually find reassuring.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by loam]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I remember thinking to myself, back in the 80's when "The Running Man" came out, as mentioned above, that if the day came when we saw cops wearing helmets, then we were tuly living in the state of fear and totalitarianism portrayed in that movie. Obviously the exception would be SWAT teams, but what I had in mind thinking this years ago, was seeing regular cops posted in airports, and in subways dressed and equipped in such a manner. For some reason, the fact that they are wearing helmets is really the thing that has made this "fear of a dark future" come full circle for me.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As a former officer in MA, I find the original Fox News article to be bizarre and frankly a bit frightening. What an interesting choice of words from Springfield PD!

However I am surprised that I can find no mention of this issue on MassCops.com, which is "the" discussion forum for MA LEOs.

Perhaps someone should start a thread over there to see what the consensus is over in MA...I'd be very interested to know how Springfield is reacting to this publicity.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Seems like you picked the right time to hang up your hat.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I remember thinking to myself, back in the 80's when "The Running Man" came out, as mentioned above, that if the day came when we saw cops wearing helmets, then we were tuly living in the state of fear and totalitarianism portrayed in that movie. Obviously the exception would be SWAT teams, but what I had in mind thinking this years ago, was seeing regular cops posted in airports, and in subways dressed and equipped in such a manner. For some reason, the fact that they are wearing helmets is really the thing that has made this "fear of a dark future" come full circle for me.

The Hercules Team is a part of the NYPD's Emergency Services Unit ... not regular patrol officers.

And even then ESU is not a real SWAT team as most of their work is related to car accidents, confined space rescue, the idiots who try to jump off bridges, train accidents etc - all officers are trained as paramedics and heavy rescue in addition to additional training in weapons.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Learn to spell hypocrite before you go tossing it around.

I have the last laugh.

WHAT?? I never miss spelled hypocrite LOL! Wow what forum are you reading to make that mistake?

Now I got the last laugh HAHAHAHAHA!

[edit on 5-5-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Im an English guy living in Germany,
Just thought I would add to the topic by saying that since last year the German police are swapping their traditional green uniforms for black ones, and the green and white police vehicles for reflective silver and blue. I dont particularly read anything sinister into this but it certainly seems to be the way police fashion is heading.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Men in Black

They use Tasars to
NWO Milatary police new fashion to istall Fear into you the sheeple

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have noticed a change in color of the police cruisers from blue and white to black and white in Fort Myers, Fl. Two nights ago a man in Lee county was in his house threatening to commit suicide and he was the only person in his house. This big black armored vehicle with no other markings approaches with a swat team of which some of the members were dressed in black and some in camouflage gear. You would of thought this guy was on the top 10 wanted list as many police vehicles and police swat team members that were on the scene. Oh by the way no one was hurt and the guy surrendered his gun that he was going to use to shoot himself. Rik Riley

[edit on 5-5-2008 by rikriley]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The police in ABQ wear black uniforms and frankly, I've never found them to be more or less intimidating that any other police I've ever seen.

The toughest cops I've ever dealt with are the ones in New Orleans and as far as I know they're still wearing blue, at least for street duty.

Colors might have some fleeting psychological effect, but whatever police wear they will still be the police and those of us who live in a free state with a Constitution to protect our rights will have no more to fear from a cop wearing black than a cop wearing white.

In all my years, I've learned that if you interact with the police in a courteous manner, you will most likely be treated in a courteous manner. There are exceptions, but they are rare.

We need the police, so we should take care of them. In a free state, they really are us.

[edit on 2008/5/5 by GradyPhilpott]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join