It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Forces Dressing In Black To "Instill Fear" In Citizens

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Thats like saying people who wears red is a commie! Seriously police officers have wear black for many many years. Lets all accuse of people wearing black as SS sympathizers.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by deltaboy]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Let me see.

Things are gettig real bad in this country. People talk about Police States everyday. According to most of you, we are not even a free nation anymore. Most of you compare it to Nazi Germany.
Should i go on??

Then i see this story which caught my EYE because a transition to BLACK due to THEIR EXPLANATION in the story, studies showing that BLACK gives a sense of FRIGHT.
And YOU dont get it?

Looks like i may not be the one with the screws loose, after all.

As long as we're just talking nonsense, i love to see a man wearing tan.
Its so earthy!
*swoons*

Also, pink is good for guys. I think its incredibly sexy.

Actually, there are so many good combinations out there to be had...maybe they should consult Joe Arpaio (he's a man with taste)

SLEEPER CELLS you may go back to normal*

Twinkle twinkle little star....

There you go.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Remember Batman? Theres a reason why he change from gray to black.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
To those still harping on about the similarities to SS/ SA Nazi uniforms:

Such an argument is merely a reductio ad hitlerum. Just because the Nazis did it, doesnt make it a bad idea or inherently evil.

I know. Those Nazi uniforms look damn good. There is a a thriving market for reproductions. And many people like to wear them, even a Prince. But, I don't think it's appropriate for today's police forces to be emulating them, whether on purpose or by mistake.
I wonder the reaction if German police started to dress like those NY State Troopers.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Thats exactly what Im disagreeing with!

We can't rule out the use of a certain colour simply because it was used by Nazis.

Hell, otherwise we shouldn't be using Motorways (Autobahn); Beetle cars; Submachine guns; etc etc etc. After all, those were all used and indeed invented by the Nazis.

I'll admit I do like the look of the SS uniform- you can't blame me, they were designed by Hugo Boss after all!

[edit: removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]
Quoting - Please review this link

[edit on 1-5-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

We can post pics of law enforcement from around the world, even those that has the most rights and they are dressed like Nazis.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They should all be required to wear black so we always have a reminder of what their souls are like. The cop that is smiling at you now will kill you without a second though when the orders are given, and they portend a terrible future for us all. Cop's are no longer peace officers and servats of the people, they are thugs and bulies and worse...just google ' Police Misconduct ' and read for a few hours, if you have a strong stomach.

Black suits them; black hearts, black souls, black clothes..typical and appropriate. The pictures of the cop's above of course do not show the MASKED balaclava wearing thugs with only eye slits..so no one can identify them later when they violate rights and murder...the reason cop's hide their faces is NOT because they are undercover and want to keep from being outed..it is because they want , just like the Ku Klux Klan, to hide their faces out of shame..and to avoid being identified so a victim can later testify to their misdeeds.

Since the average citizen knows full well that the cop's today are as dangerous as the criminals ( badgeless ones that is ) and when black suited combat SS thugs kick in a door and abuse the people there, scremaing and cursing and acting like animals, we know what the truth is: They are bad and geting worse. The other day some scumbag detective got a stupid and ignorant judge to sign a warrant for a coupls home because some guy doing a job there saw chemicals..and was shown that they were for a fish tank..plain and clear. But like a typical snitching pig, he reported it and some cop convinced a judge, with nothing more than the repairmans statement about ' chemicals' , to issue a warrant...No probable cause..no proof..just a suspicion by some nobody..can you believe that?

And of course the thug pigs broke the door down and threw the people around and acted like Nazis..as usual..and later they repaired the door...never apologized of course..they can do no wrong..when of course it turned out to be FISH tank chemicals.just like the people told the moron snitch pig lover tyhat caused all that. I would be suing ALL of them..from the scummy repairman to the ignorant cop to the stupid judge...for all they have or ever will.They should be fired, sued and ruined..all of them.

Crap like that happens ALL the time..cop's convince a new or stupid judge that no evidence is just fine..!!! Can you imagine? No evidence at all..just a ' hunch ' which to a cop is the holy grail of evidence!! If some flatfooted thug of a cop gets a ' hunch ' then they want that to pass as probable cause!! Unreal..just unreal. This nation is going to the dogs..and fast. Any nation that idolizes and places on a pedastle a COP, of all people, is a sick nation. TV shows like COPS show violations of rights all the time..open and plain. This gets the people, the dumb ones at least, to say " Oh, they can do that!!", because on a TV show they see the thugs getting away with murder..sometimes literally.

At least if the filth are required to wear black we would know who was who...don't want any innocents getting in the way!!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is new somehow? The local Law Enforcement on My areas has always worn black uniforms or indigo blue, for a minimum of thirty years. Of course it's an intmidation tactic, that's not news either, it always has been about intimidation to subdue people before they "start up" with an Officer.

Nothing new, except to maybe that one individual Law Enforcement agency or that particular news agency. Move on please.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
This reminds me of a study.

In an animal shelter more black dogs are euthanized than any other.

The reason was given that people fear black dogs more than any other.

What is the connection with black cats and witches ?

The list can go on.

Ama

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The first time I saw police officers dressed in black, in full riot gear, (about 6 years ago) I immediately thought of Nazi Germany. They were all in formation, standing in the same wide-leg stance, with huge boots, shields, face shields, helmets, etc. That's when I knew that our police forces were trying to intimidate the citizens.

If you don't understand that police dressing this way is intimidating, I think you should check to make sure you're still alive and not in a coma. Of course, it's intimidating. Of course, the cops want to intimidate you. These are not the cops we grew up with, they are much different now. They needlessly kill children, babies and the physically and mentally handicapped, even little old ladis. All of these things are documented right here on ATS, in fact. Their tactics used to be to try and get the arrestee to cooperate with the police, by using tact and psychological measures. But these new guys remind me of Nazis, truly. And they have the same attitudes as the Nazis, with no compassion or respect for the poor, handicapped, children or the elderly.
Even cops I've come across who are old-timers say this. It's a whole new era for police work.

DGTempe, thanks for posting this. Though I've known about this for some years now, this confirms it and I think it's important that folks know about this for their own self-protection. Good find.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't know if black clothing's really all that intimidating. Are you afraid of those goth kids who hang around trying to look all sullen?

If they really want to instill fear in people, maybe they should amp up their insignia. I'd go with a skull-and-crossbones motif.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
dgtempe, Arpaio? Maricopa County, AZ? From what I have seen on "Cops" their uniforms are all tan ... a bit bland IMO.

I think the US Park Police also has nice uniforms; light blue almost white shirt and dark blue pants. I cant seem to find any pictures of them though!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Well, I just want to ring in here with my local observation. For the most part, most of the officers around here wear whatever they want, and that usually means a decidedly tactical look. Many do not even wear a shield anymore, but instead don the tactical vest with "police" emblazoned across it. There a few guys left from the old-school who still put on a tie and shine their shoes, but very few. The only ones I still see wearing their standard issue unifrom is the Troopers.

They act more tactical these days as well. I got an inspection ticket a fw months ago, and was stopped by three cruisers.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I live in a suburb of Tucson, Arizona, where it is known for being one of the safest cities in the USA. The cops, for years, have been jokingly referred to as the Gestapo because they are so intimidating and efficient.

Until recently, their vehicles were mostly white and some blue and red. Their uniforms were blue. Since the beginning of this year, I have also seen a new trend. They have changed their uniforms to black and their cars have changed appearance as well. It is a known fact that local police departments receive federal grants if they change to black. I guess they are putting the grants to use here.

The first picture shows how the cars looked before.

This is after.

Stormtropper look alikes.

SWAT for the safest city.

By the way, I did not add the explosion in the background. It comes directly from their Web site. Don't we all feel protected?

[edit on 1-5-2008 by manticore]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Very interesting! I read somewhere that police usually use blue uniforms because it's "calming"...

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
It appears that if you read all the above, its a whole new breed, to instill fear...do not approach as you may get your head blown off...
Not even for directions.

I'm sorry but it's my opinion that the O.P. is a huge hypocrite. Now before you all think I am insulting, look up the definition of hypocrite before you reply to me.

Now let me explain. I think the only one trying to "instill fear" is the original poster. For one they purposely compared current police forces, with Nazi police forces, because they both wear black lol. How pathetic is that? Second the OP "instills fear" into you buy saying you can't even ask them for driving/map directions or you will get your head blown off. Come on OP, who do YOU work for?

Get a life, get a friend. Stop trying to scare people.

Also:

Don't let fear control you so much that you had to make this stupid thread. It's quite easy to be unafraid. The fear that you are afraid of being "instilled", well news flash, FEAR IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER.

In the end, the only one with fear is YOU. The only one that can control it, IS YOU. They can hand out fear all they want, YOU are the one that decides what to do with that fear. PLEASE DO NOT COME ONTO FORUMS AND SPREAD FEAR YOU HYPOCRITE.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

And the red stripes on a U.S. Marines pants symbolize BLOOD. Who cares? How does that effect you? It doesn't.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I don't really see how a cop in black is any more intimidating than a cop in blue. What's the difference? Both have the power to arbitrarily screw up your life. You could put these cops in superman pajamas and they would still intimidate me. It's not the uniform that scares people, it's the power behind it. More specifically, it's the potential to abuse that power that most people fear.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Nothing new.

Police should be intimidating.

Would you prefer they wear this?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Let's go with the tie die uniforms. And while we are at it, we should change the name from Police Officer to Peace Officer. It is much more user friendly and less authoritative and menacing. If that doesn't work we could call them Peace Heroes. I believe if you visualize somebody as constantly being mean and oppressive, that eventually it has to rub off on them.

I think black is fashionable because it goes with anything. Black is the new black.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join