It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Forces Dressing In Black To "Instill Fear" In Citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Rcwj75, the germanic Washington DC guy (in dark navy blue) looks ready to kick a grannys fanny, yet the Hopkins county police look less sinister (wearing black). The NY state guy (middle and right) look like the SS! Then scrolling through the pics, I noticed the ones who were smiling looked ok.

Honestly I think I trust police who smile, or that one dressed in pink. Jackie Chan was smiling an honest smile, but then again, we all know Jackie. For some police, the colour black may make them feel kick ass, but then again any change in uniform colour will make people not trust the police as much.

Honestly I'd love to see a police department try to smile as a whole and treat people more like friends and less like tax forums that need to be feared and filed away as soon as possible. Like it or not, people (inc. kids) view the police like a "possible" abusive parent and the only way around that is smiles and later, trust. Alot of kids/people lose respect for them selves and others if they are confronted by people who have authority over them and rule them with fear instead of respect, understanding and TRUST. So in a way, the world is our home and the police are our parents, the judge, child services!

BTW I did not have an abusive family but some police....I'd rather get spanked with a ruler by the one in pink lol.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Thats actually the NYSP dress uniform; this is their normal duty uniform:

www.troopers.state.ny.us...
summer/spring

people.zeelandnet.nl...
winter/fall

Some other so called fascist SS police state uniforms

www.notipunto.com...
martillo20lbs.files.wordpress.com...
www.gobierno.pr...
Policia de Puerto Rico/Puerto Rico State Police

www.co.suffolk.ny.us...
weblogs.newsday.com...
www.aclu.org...
www.fbi.gov...
Suffolk County (NY) Police Dept.

www.co.suffolk.ny.us... (left hand side)
www.senatorflanagan.com...
www.littleshelter.com...
Suffolk County (NY) Sheriff's Office

REAL stormtrooperish, really scary looking!

BTW: this is the REAL Washington DC Police uniform, I have no clue who that guy is in the picture above but he IS NOT MPDC
internet128.com...
media.collegepublisher.com...

[edit on 1-5-2008 by ChrisF231]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
More police ought to follow the Boston PD's decision.

Black looks smarter, is more tactical and can be more intimidating.

After all, if you are on the wrong end of the police, you must have done something to warrant it. Excuse the ignorance, but why exactly would you want a policeman to look "friendly" in such a scenario?

I mean if I were a criminal and ran into an alley with two cops cutting off my exit, but one was wearing black while the other was wearing pink... I know which one I would try and get past!

CX

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Isn't black supposed to be a very "slimming" colour?

Maybe the stereotyping of the doughnut eating US cops has taken it's toll, and they are looking to change colour in order to give the image of a leaner force?

Talking of which, do the US police have annual fitness tests? Just curious.

Fat Cops

Back on topic, i don't see a big deal with this really. I can't see the pic posted on here or on the prison planet site, but many forces wear combat type black gear for practical reasons too.

I know when i was an MP, it was nice wearing your decent uniforms and i guess they looked professional, but when it came to dealing with trouble i'd sooner be in my boots and combats.

CX

[edit on 1/5/08 by CX]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Its so amuzing, isnt it?

Here i try to post something i read of significance, and the rightey "sleeper cells" come out and bash the entire thread.

You manage to chase everyone off this website with your nonsensical tirades, but i've been here too long to listen to ya or be bothered by you.

Goback to the good threads: "My uncle was an alien but she died"* that's what draws attention and 30 pages here.

I have a sense of humor and a very thick skin! You dont bother me!

YOU dont depress me.
YOU dont bother me in the least
YOU dont make any sense
I dont take Sabatticals
because someone hurt my feelings

Go on with your alien posts, and your craziness.

If you dont agree with the thread, simply get off of it.
Isnt that the thing to do?

Black uniforms- which the story told- are more effective in instilling TERROR among citizens. That was the story here.
And frankly, i found it interesting enough to post.

YOU, all of you deserve $20 gallon/gas no food and much worse for being pathetic sheep.

Good luck.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I work for the local county's Sheriff's Department and the deputies there are right now in the midst of changing from their navy blue shirts and tan colored slacks to black shirts and black cargo pants (a seemingly much more casual and perhaps militaristic look; very reminiscent of military combat fatigues). They're original uniforms are to become their 'formal' uniforms and they'll only be allowed to wear them during formal police ceremonies.

No real reason has been given for the uniform change except that the new, interim sheriff prefers them to the old uniforms for day-to-day use. No other law enforcement agencies in my area have switched their uniforms as of yet though.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Black uniforms also make them nearly invisiable in the middle of a dark night.They can sneak through the shadows and kick in your door,while you sleep!

Lmao just randomly kick in your door for no reason?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

I really don't have anything to add but I wanted to know is that George Lucas in the picture of the Portland Police Dept?

It sure looks like him.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Those tan NY State uniforms look very similar to Nazi uniforms, with those shoulder belts.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If you do some homework you will find the color black will lead you into the denotation of the planet Saturn. If anyone has the time I suggest you look into the planet Saturn and the Gods protrayed by that planet.
Also judges wear black, and rule from a bench, they work for the system!

Most of this occult knowledge I have found was taught to me from a man known as Jordan Maxwell. While his teachings where not a personal teaching, But from reading his books, and listening to his lectures I found much occult knowledge I didnt have before.

Anyone looking into understanding why the color black is used by these forces, I suggest doing some homework, and taking a look at what Jordan Maxwell has to offer

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Fat lardo cops, which there are way too many of IMO, wear black because it's slimming.

How in the hell do those guys still pull a paycheck if they can't even run 10 yards without collapsing?

Peace

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Cops in the northeast, specially New York, Joysey and surrounding states have that gestapo look, Jack boots and hats with that cross belt. Than winter attire looks just as ominus.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Fat lardo cops, which there are way too many of IMO, wear black because it's slimming.

How in the hell do those guys still pull a paycheck if they can't even run 10 yards without collapsing?

You mean just like there are some forum mods who's IQ is WAY to low to actually moderate anything, yet ATS still allows them to contribute...

reply to post by merryxmas

I actually was thinking that too...it looks like him..but if I had to guess, its just a real good look alike..lol

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Jordan maxwell, the guy icke and others rip there ideas from. He's a boat load of symbolic reasoning. I listen to him alot and especially the narration he did on our legal system be maritime.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcwj75
You mean just like there are some forum mods who's IQ is WAY to low to actually moderate anything, yet ATS still allows them to contribute...

Well, it's not an accurate comparison, but yeah, something like that!

Please don't talk about my fellow mod like that.

Peace

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
maybe this would work for you guys:

uk.gizmodo.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

[edit on 1-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Ok just checking...lol...and I love the deflection to another MOD...

As for the thread...uniforms ALWAYS were to have some degree of order and intimidation. Like some others have said, you can find something negative in ANYTHING....I just think black uniforms are easier to maintain, look better, and YES they do slim people down..
...if black makes you even more scared then you already are of police or the future I don't know what else to tell you....other then I can't imagine living in such fear on a daily basis and letting the color of a uniform affect me so much.....

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I would hate to have to try and get in and out of my patrol car with that on..
Not to mention...what do you do when its time to..you know...POOP...haha

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

After all, if you are on the wrong end of the police, you must have done something to warrant it. Excuse the ignorance, but why exactly would you want a policeman to look "friendly" in such a scenario?

IF you have done something wrong, you already know it. Criminals aren't scared of cops because they wear black or look thuggish, in fact most serious criminals these days are more afraid of un-uniformed cops. A cop could be wearing a clown suit and still frighten a crook, so long as he still had a gun, and instant radio communications to about 100 other clowns with guns, and above that, Federal clowns with guns...

But this isn't about scaring bad guys, this is about intimidating the GENERAL PUBLIC and establishing an atmosphere of superiority. I'm sure many of the hardcore defenders here will not budge on this issue, as they feel ANY questioning of current LE tactics is uncalled for.

It's kinda funny actually, with so many adamant right-wingers on this sight, you'd think there would be more people taking my side on the 2nd amendment arguments that keep popping up in the weapons forum.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by N1cotine]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
To those still harping on about the similarities to SS/ SA Nazi uniforms:

Such an argument is merely a reductio ad hitlerum. Just because the Nazis did it, doesnt make it a bad idea or inherently evil.

Black was chosen because it makes the police look officious, presentable and respectable.

Like I said, its an appropriate colour for law enforcment- or would you rather have cops dressed in fairy pink or neon orange because these colours "seem more friendly".

Also in response to DGTempe: What are you talking about? Just because we disagree with the proposition doesnt make us "Righty" sleeper cells. Theres nothing "sleeper" about my views, I'll make them clearly known.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join