It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Launches 'Foreign News' Websites!! (More Propaganda)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Pentagon Launches 'Foreign News' Websites!!(More Propaganda)

www.usatoday.com

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon is setting up a global network of foreign-language news websites, including an Arabic site for Iraqis, and hiring local journalists to write current events stories and other content that promote U.S. interests and counter insurgent messages.
The news sites are part of a Pentagon initiative to expand "Information Operations" on the Internet. Neither the initiative nor the Iraqi site, www.Mawtani.com, has been disclosed publicly.

At first glance, Mawtani.com looks like a conventional news website. Only the "about" link at the bottom of the site takes readers to a page that discloses the Pentagon sponsorship. The site, which has operated since October, is modeled on two long-established Pentagon-sponsored sites that offer native-language news for people in the Balkans and North Africa.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

[edit on 30-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
LMAO!!

So let me get this straight---They were BUSTED HERE, using paid-for military shills who acted as talking head mouthpieces to spew their propaganda and spew "fake news" all over the MSM outlets...

They acknowledged this and claimed to have stopped doing this as a result.

So now what do they do? THEY SET UP THEIR OWN PROPAGANDA OUTLETS designed as "NEWS" SITES in IRAQ!!! AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

And there are STILL people defending these guys, and believing what they're saying, as they're beating the war drums daily on Iran and Syria!!!....

Journalism groups say the sites are deceptive and easily could be mistaken for independent news.

"This is about trying to control the message, either by bypassing the media or putting your version of the message out before others (and) … there's a heavy responsibility to let people know where you're coming from," says Amy Mitchell, deputy director at the Project for Excellence in Journalism. A disclosure on a separate page "isn't something most people coming to the site are likely to see."

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
"They" haven't been concerned for quite some time about the transparency of anything they do anymore.

I would like to think that most of the rest of the world is wise enough, at this point, to not believe anything that comes out of any of those "news" sources.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
god, already the western mainstream media is full of american propaganda BS and we have even more coming in .....

this is disgusting

i hope that free nations like Iran are able to resist the imperialist American Empire

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is another reason why it's so important to spread the news about what they did in the build-up and early stages of the Iraq invasion! They are CONTINUING to do it! They're just now doing it overseas, and in even much more blatant fashion! How much more crooked and dishonest could they be, setting up "mock newsites" to brainwash people into their own lopsided views?

And we're supposed to trust what these bozos have to say about things? Particularly Iran and Syria? The next targets they're trying to march us into?

People better be paying attention here!

[edit on 1-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I can't believe more people aren't outraged and commenting on this!

These are the same group of liars trying to start up our next war with Iran people!!!

We HAVE to keep the spotlight on their crooked activities, or we're fast headed to ANOTHER disaster just like last time!!

[edit on 1-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
This thread is baseless. Do you even have a source for this op?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

Yawn. You again? Did you even bother to READ the source it came from before spewing out another lame attempt at attacking me Holmes? If not, go back and read. It's coming straight out of USA TODAY, and the Pentagon IS guilty of spewing propaganda whether you want to stay in your little fairy tale world or not. They were ALREADY exposed doing this BS on the MSM outlets, and now they're continuing it on. Do your research before blathering your pathetic nonsense. Kthxbye

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Yup, that would be funny if it weren't so scary.

This is like the military controlling the media.

Oh, no wait, that already happened.

Did they honestly think that people (some anyway) wouldn't notice?

So now they're going to go global with it.

Yeah, well, good luck with that guys...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

Stop bothering Dimensional Detective. He has many sources. You might not want to admit he has them, but I will do so, anytime.

Starred + Flagged. Dimensional Detective, I appreciate you & your work.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
What do they hope with this kind of site i have no idea: it's publically known now. Maybe it's their tactic but that would be unorthodox.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Sounds like a real desperation move. Reminds me of Pravda. This is so pathetic you'd think it would have to be a joke. And to think that people get paid for this stuff.

top topics

join