It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle ufo video taken with thermal imaging camera

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by horsegiver
reply to post by sherpa

we live alongside an airfield and the circuit height is eleven hundred feet.

Which airfield ?, give me the county and I could probably guess.

I will start to the east, Kent or Sussex ?

[edit on 1-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Hi sherpa, the County I live in, is West Sussex, we dont have many airfields here so guess away!
Over the years we have seen several 'UFOs' and several 'secret test flights', it's a good spot for 'Skywatching'.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Excellent find Sherpa! Starred and flagged...

I wonder if there's any way we could find out who this person is who made the videos and contact them for more information and more videos??

I just sent that whole page in your source to a mechanical engineer for his opinion, only because I don't know anyone in astrophysics or any astronomers lol...but I want his take on that camera set up etc

Would be nice if some members of ATS in a more related field, would give us their opinions!!! Anyone???

What did you all think of the one that looked like a flying "+" sign? I would say that looked like a conventional type aircraft almost...I'm wondering if ALL these videos apply to the statement "They didn't show up to the naked eye or on infrared" about the triangle and the V shaped one, if they meant that NONE of these videoed objects showed up to the naked eye or on infrared???

Thanks for the find Sherpa good work!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by horsegiver

Hi sherpa, the County I live in, is West Sussex, we dont have many airfields here so guess away!

Well I would chance my arm and say Shoreham.

Over the years we have seen several 'UFOs' and several 'secret test flights', it's a good spot for 'Skywatching'

And I can believe that, most airfields have a reasonably clear horizon which is ideal for sky watching, I am curious about the "secret test flights" which if military would suggest I am wrong with my guess and I would have to second guess at Tangmere.

If it is Tangmere is it still an active RAF site ?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

I wonder if there's any way we could find out who this person is who made the videos and contact them for more information and more videos??

Hi Late,

Actually I have dashed off an email to the site regarding image data on another report so I will see what the response is to that before I make any further enquiries.

I just sent that whole page in your source to a mechanical engineer for his opinion, only because I don't know anyone in astrophysics or any astronomers lol...but I want his take on that camera set up etc

Now that would be useful, well done

What did you all think of the one that looked like a flying "+" sign? I would say that looked like a conventional type aircraft almost...I'm wondering if ALL these videos apply to the statement "They didn't show up to the naked eye or on infrared" about the triangle and the V shaped one, if they meant that NONE of these videoed objects showed up to the naked eye or on infrared???

Good point, yes I would say it was pretty similiar, if it was true that the conventional aircraft did not show up to the naked eye that would be truly bizarre

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Sherpa, thank you for sharing this very interesting stuff:
i've never seen it before: it seems that all the informations available about it have been posted in the OP: so, i look forward to see some update from the site

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hey Sherpa, just in case you're curious...here's what the mechanical engineer had to say about the whole page after reading it and viewing the videos:

"It's a good plan for the thermal imaging. The setup makes sense. The videos are inconclusive. There is some type of distance perspective problem that just doesn't sit right with my eye."

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Hi Sherpa,
Yes, I live alongside Shoreham, and the 'Secret Test Flights' are normally conducted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights between eleven pm and four in the morning. Why? simple, if anyone sees and reports anything, they can be effectively ridiculed as 'having been on their way home from the pub'.
Tangmere is no longer active, but has a delightful litte museum which is growing all the time and supported by some great people.
Keep up the good work,
Horsegiver.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Thermo camera can also take a reg picture without the thermal images.

I'm leaning on birds flying in formation due to the jittery three objects.

Glare and bright light can also play havoc on thermal images.

Birds also give off heat and if the air was cooler then the birds body temperature the thermal would pick it up.

We also don't see the time stamp from the film and I find it odd the length of the vid was so short.

That object streaking down from top to bottom was another bird.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

"It's a good plan for the thermal imaging. The setup makes sense. The videos are inconclusive. There is some type of distance perspective problem that just doesn't sit right with my eye."

Thanks Lateapexer, interesting to get a professional opinion.

Again it comes down to points of reference to determine size and distance I never know if these videos are clipped for convenient post size or other reasons, go figure.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Yes, I live alongside Shoreham, and the 'Secret Test Flights' are normally conducted on Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights between eleven pm and four in the morning. Why? simple, if anyone sees and reports anything, they can be effectively ridiculed as 'having been on their way home from the pub'.

That is odd, 'Secret Test Flights' of what ?

Shoreham is a small civilian airfield, I am intrigued.

I suspected Tangmere was inactive now, I guess the museum might be worth a visit though.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by horsegiver
reply to post by sherpa

It looks to me rather like three 'lunar spheres' locked in triangular formation, with a fourth craft flying independently.

why couldn't it be one craft with three thrust sources?

seems just as plausible... even more so actually.

-

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Very interesting, thanks for bringing this to the forum Sherpa.

There seems to be some confusion surrounding thermal imaging, specifically the visibility (or lack thereof) of objects while using such a device. I'm no expert, but I'll give you my two cents..

Thermal imaging (or video) detects radiation in the infrared range of the electromagnetic spectrum. Infrared light can be split into three categories:

1) Near-infrared (near-IR)
2) Mid-infrared (mid-IR)
3) Thermal-infrared (thermal-IR)

I recorded two very low surface temperature (-30 degree) flying objects. One object looked like a "boomerang" and the other like a "wing". Both were invisible to the infrared night vision monocular

Essentially night vision is just collecting/using photons from the "near-IR" (just out of our visible spectrum) and amplifying it to enhance a picture. The reason night vision (or the naked eye) doesn't pick up the UFO is because it is not reflecting any light back to the eye. Thus he must use "thermal-IR" to detect the UFO. Termal-IR technology captures the upper portion of the IR range, which is emitted as heat as opposed to being reflected as light.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Great work Sherpa
!! always love your threads!

this is most interesting, keep up the great work! s&f

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Hi Sherpa,
The 'Secret Test Flights' simply pass overhead at altitude, high speed runs it would appear, they fly down the zero longitude line and I suspect they go as far as Gibraltar and turn around and fly back. I've seen them fly both directions they continue South past my place and then return about fifteen to twenty minutes later.
I must add that this was some time ago, when We used to sleep upstairs beneath a large roof window, the sky above is a very busy place, which becomes obvious when you keep a regular 'Watch'.
We have seen B2s, Aurora, and there is a rocket type powered craft that We saw in the distance having taken off from Lakenheath or Mildenhall, this thing goes up at 45 degrees leaving behind a sheet of flame, and climbing up to the edge of our atmosphere then following the curvature of the Earth heading in your direction. Maybe someone knows what this is?, I certainly do not.
By the way the B2s and Aurora passed by in silence and at a hell of a lick, they might not show up on radar but the effect of friction on the paint at speed glows in the dark and can be seen for miles.
We have had plenty of UFO sightings too.
All the best,
Horsegiver.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

You are absolutely right, it could equally be a single craft, I simply mentioned that posibility, because my wife and I saw three spheres locked in a triangular formation in broad daylight, with a fourth fooling around flying around and between them. Also, back in the 1970s, my flying instructor had three fly past him one day 'locked in a triangular formation' over Sevenoaks, in Kent.
I believe that the large white triangular craft are freighters/transports, and sometimes carry groups of these spheres inside, they are often seen together in the Lunar Orbiter Photos.
All our opinions are useful[food for thoght] and like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle help to form a complete picture.
Regards,
Horsegiver.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Thanks for your insight Scramjet.

Your explaination makes perfect sense now it seems to have reawoken a memory of the technology behind this equipment.

The clue of course is in the term "image intensifier", taking very low levels of light and enhancing them, have a star

[edit on 3-5-2008 by sherpa]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GUNSINWAR

Cheers GUNS,

And likewise to to your threads

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I've seen them fly both directions they continue South past my place and then return about fifteen to twenty minutes later.

So what do they look like ?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Great footage and thread sherpa

I wonder how much of this type of footage is sitting out there just waiting to be shown? the Object looks like a triangle i can almost with full screen see the outline for a second, obviously it is above the clouds you can see the slight mist in front of it, as some have said it would be even better if there was some standard footage to compare too, im very impressed i have to say, and lots more to come i can feel it in me bones!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join