It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very real conspiracy against Freemasonry

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
their biggest enemy is themself.

i mean their rituals are old boring and drawn out, they have no money and are just out of touch. since their stuck in the past they cant move forward.

i mean their membership is in real decline because noone wants to be around smelly old people. I mean i dont like being around them and their terribly inefficient in meetings. They cant even pay their bills without voting. how pathetic is that i mean pay the stupid bills, ugh no wonder i stopped sending dues, those guys are just too annoying for me. they didnt even cancel my membership yet or whatever since i stopped paying or my buddies who stopped. what a joke their so desperate and old.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I wondered though how influenced it was by the Hellfire club founder, Philip Duke of Wharton who after his club was disbanded, became a Freemason, and in 1722 he became the Grandmaster of England.
freemasonry.bcy.ca...

I know there is alot of suspiscion that surrounds the hell fire club, but you know, i don't think it was as bad as people made out. Is it possible it was an attempt by the church to undermine the club, as it poked fun at chritianity according to what i read of the club.

The actual activities of the order are unknown although a mockery of Christianity in general and popery in particular, combined with a good deal of sexual innuendo, seems to have set the tone. The chief ceremony was the reception of new members. [p. 126.] Paul Whitehead, secretary-treasurer of the order, and a poet of republican and atheistic tendencies, planned their ritual. He once organized a procession of tramps and beggers to travesty an annual masonic parade. [p. 120-21.]4 John Wilkes, who was never an inner circle member, claimed that the rites were "English Eleusinian Mysteries". [p. 127.] Actual devil worship is not mentioned in any of the more trustworthy materials while Sir Nathaniel Wraxall’s claims, in his Historical Memoirs (1815), of black baptisms and other lurid descriptions are hearsay. [p. 128.] The tradition of a satanic cult has no basis beyond perhaps the odd séance. The local people at the time noticed nothing sinister other than the periodic importation of women and wine. Edward Thompson’s version is that Dashwood, Stapleton, Whitehead, Wilkes and others performed rites to ridicule Catholicism

freemasonry.bcy.ca...

I think it may have stemed from something called Thelema (sp) which i don't see as being all that bad, i'm sure it mentions the middle pillar that the tibetans aim to achieve. The other founder of the Hellfire club, sir fracis dashwood, built a land lighthouse in my county of lincolnshire, to help protect the public against highway men in the dark of night. Its called Dunstons pillar, now it looked kind of familiar to me, i had seen something similar elsewhere, in photos of towers in tibet, were they do not know what the towers were for. Dashwood like other young rich gentlemen, took a grand tour of europe and also toured asia minor...would that include tibet?? i honestly have no idea. My stab in the dark theory is that he visited the tibetans on his tour, saw the towers which may have been 'land lighthouses' and brought the idea along with elements of their philosophy and religion back with him...just an out there thought.

The original land lighthouse was commissioned by Sir Francis Dashwood (better known as the founder of the Hellfire Club) in 1751 as a navigational aid to assist those crossing the heathland around Dunston and Nocton. The purpose of the land lighthouse was to improve the safety of 18th century travellers crossing a particularly treacherous area of the county known for its many incidents of highway robbery (including a number believed to have been carried out by the notorious highwayman, Dick Turpin).

The structure originally stood 30 metres high (90 ft) with a large octagonal lantern on top of the tower. The lantern was regularly lit until 1788 and was used for the last time in 1808 by which time improvements in the local road network had effectively made it obsolete.

en.wikipedia.org...

Dashwood was indeed a colourful character, he created a labyrinth of caves and tunnels which bore some quater of a mile into a hill in West Wycombe and which still exists today. At the time it was said to be used for drunken orgies but Dashwood always insisted it was done to create work for the local community. Despite claims that he was a devil worshipper he still managed to climb to the highest levels in British politics. He became Chancellor of the Exchequer in 1762, a job he admitted he was hopeless at before being made Postmaster General in 1766.

Whatever the rumours about the activities of Dashwood and the Hellfire Club what is certain is that he was a Lincolnshire land owner and because of his concern for the welfare of travellers he built a ‘land lighthouse’ high above his estate between Sleaford and Lincoln. The area at that time was notorious for highwaymen including the most famous of them all, Dick Turpin, and his idea was to shine a huge bright light as a deterent to any would be robbers.

So Dunston Pillar was born, an impressive landmark built by an equally impressive man….

www.milescollins.com...

It is no longer the height it once was.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
their biggest enemy is themself.

i mean their rituals are old boring and drawn out, they have no money and are just out of touch. since their stuck in the past they cant move forward.

Really, out of touch. I thought they were all for & were part of organisations for young people such as the scouts and girl guides (which i glad to say i was lucky to me a member of as a young girl). They teach young people all sorts of skills, not only survival abut everyday skills too. These groups play an acrtive role in communities and encourage young people to think about other people than just their selves. These groups also provide young people with activities and camps, usually at reduced prices, giving people opportunities that they may not otherwise experience.

Now, do you think that is out of touch and stuck in the past? I would say that its showing an interest.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

Most aspects are way ahead of their time in terms of social interest and community building. Other aspects could use some dusting-off or reform (imo).

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Its only the other way around from your perspective, because good is bad and right is wrong to people like you. You love lies, fantasy, and secrecy... The Mysteries are the scourge of freedom and ultimately life, and are the product of darkness, not light.

The serpent didn't save man from Eden. Your version of his lies won't save anyone either.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
You love lies

Yes, I do love the way she lies there...

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky, i'm following this thread with interest
but now I'm totally confuzzled
Who's lied,The snake?

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

I used to think I could tell everything for certain and knew this truth and that truth and whatnot. Fortunately Im cured of that and can be restful with "I dont know".

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
You love lies, fantasy, and secrecy... The Mysteries are the scourge of freedom and ultimately life, and are the product of darkness, not light.

What mysteries do you speak of? You mean our systems of morality. Being truthful, being just, not speaking evil of your fellow man, being charitable, allowing religious freedom, being involved in your community, being a good neighbor, and being a good citizen. Yeah, evil, how dare we.

reply to post by simpleaser

ROFL. Your sick.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Josh, I know this sounds crazy,but do you think that there might be an idea of an Earthquake,etc... hapenning in San Diego,Ca. this October? I know you don't really have time to answer such questions,but you are the only one with a lot of inteligence.Please entertain this.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

I can't believe you would just come out and say something about a man and a boys club,but,are the boys willing participants? You know something,don't you?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

I need help understanding who's good and who's bad.(right/wrong).I think I know ,but everything to me now,seems to be an illusion.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oldlady662011

Josh, I know this sounds crazy,but do you think that there might be an idea of an Earthquake,etc... hapenning in San Diego,Ca. this October? I know you don't really have time to answer such questions,but you are the only one with a lot of inteligence.Please entertain this.

Short answer: Not even the most sophisticated equipment in the world can predict earthquakes.

source: www.ess.washington.edu...

reply to post by SantaClaus

I can't believe you would just come out and say something about a man and a boys club,but,are the boys willing participants? You know something,don't you?

Yes, they are ALWAYS willing to participate.

reply to post by mostlyspoons

I need help understanding who's good and who's bad.(right/wrong).I think I know ,but everything to me now,seems to be an illusion.

Nobody is right and nobody is wrong. It is all a matter of people's viewpoints. In the grand scheme of life, it all seems irrelevant in our very small life spans.

As masons, we try to make a difference in the community. In my lodge, we are organizing a charity through one bike shop in the area. How dastardly is that? If you look hard enough, you will see events in your area where behind the scenes you will see some masonic involvement. We got Girl Scout thank you cards in the mail for a function we did some time ago. Does that mean we are collaborating with the Girl Scouts to take over the world?? Honestly. If you are looking to take over the world, Masonry is the last place you will find your accomplices. Yes, being a 33 degree mason means you have made such a difference in the lives of people and in your community. So how could such a good man also be looking to rule the world when he made such a positive impact to the community? It makes no sense.
edit on 18-7-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I've got my calendar marked for a 7.2 quake on Oct 13, 2011, with an epicenter just east of El Cajon, perhaps under the Loveland Reservoir. Currently thinking of setting it off around 11am PST. If this doesn't fit with your travel plans, I can see if it might be rescheduled or moved. Thanks for your interest.

(edit to add, I think the Salton incident is still in the early planning stages, or even just discussion at this point. I wouldn't anticipate any major movements in Anza-Borrego for at least 3 years unless someone moves up the time-table. You know how bureaucracies are…)
edit on 2011.7.18 by JoshNorton because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
reply to post by network dude

I am also in the York Rite. I am also thinking about getting involved with the Youth groups.

As a Worshipful Master I think it is a duty to visit the other Lodges so I do and also we have to have weekly meetings since we are backed-up on degree work. I have three FC's that are ready for the 3rd degree. I have a couple of EA's ready to be passed to FC.

That's the kind of thing I love to hear......nothing makes me happier then hearing about a busy lodge.

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Josh,you are very funny.Your just joking,right?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I didn't say anything about anyone wanting to rule the world?

posted on Aug, 5 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldlady6611

Josh,you are very funny.Your just joking,right?
You have 69 days to find out.

On your marks. Get set. Go!

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Josh,
I hope your not mad at me.Sorry if I said anything to offend you.I was a little upset and confused after I encountered strange things after finding some Indian artifacts:different colored crystals/metals/stones,some with symbols/markings and figurines.While I was researching,I kept receiving different clues.I went from The Olmec Tribe to The Mayan Calender to the Otter Pipe to the Cent/Penny/Abe,etc...I was confused.Everytime I thought I had the answers,that I had found the right Tribe,another clue would pop up and lead me somewhere else.Everything just kept repeating itself.That's how I ended up here.All the symbols.
I feel like I came to a dead end.I learned a lot,but learned nothing ar all.Now I learned to just live with it.
I love all your quotes.You are so smart.Do you have any advice for me and others.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join