It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The very real conspiracy against Freemasonry

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
oh comeon guys surely you can at least respond to show your disdain for my ignorance

that is so not cool i say something nobody likes and you just refuse to play with me any more GOSH! well i gotta go i think i here my mom calling

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Freemasonic Concentration Camp inmates were graded as “Political” prisoners, and wore an inverted (point down) red triangle. [13]

Historically, complaints have been made that the Masons have secretly plotted to create a society based on the revolutionary ideals of liberty, equality, fraternity, separation of church and state and (in Nazi Germany) a Jewish plot for religious tolerance.[25

The covenant of the Palestinian Islamist movement Hamas claims that Freemasonry is a "secret society" founded as part of a Zionist plot to control the world.[27]

Source

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Historically, Freemasonry has attracted criticism - and suppression - from both the politically extreme right (e.g. Nazi Germany)[72][73] and the extreme left (e.g. the former Communist states in Eastern Europe).

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Hello,

Those articles were very interesting skyfloating. You showed that some freemasons have been persecuted for what they believe in. I'm surprised you didn't mention that Hiram Abif was slain for not revealing the secrets of Masonry.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for someone to debate my argument instead of the old straw man.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Distracto

And.. what exactly is "straw man" about anything said so far? i think using the Straw man excuse is in its self a straw man argument.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

And.. what exactly is "straw man" about anything said so far? i think using the Straw man excuse is in its self a straw man argument.

Hello,

Read from here to here.

You are a very smart individual. I am very sure you can figure it out.

Thanks in advance,

Distracto

-Ta.Tk.Ts-

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distracto
Read from here to here.

You are a very smart individual. I am very sure you can figure it out.
You seem to keep linking to your original post, perhaps looking for some response, but there's no question there. Or, to use your favorite term, how is your post not a straw dog argument against the OT?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I wasnt actually making any argument but only continuing the threads topic of putting the spotlight on anti-masonry and the history of anti-masonry.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I wasnt actually making any argument but only continuing the threads topic of putting the spotlight on anti-masonry and the history of anti-masonry.

Good choice.

Sincerely,

Distracto

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
JoshNorton said

You seem to keep linking to your original post, perhaps looking for some response, but there's no question there. Or, to use your favorite term, how is your post not a straw dog argument against the OT?

Hello JoshNorton! Thank you for the question!

The main reason I have not presented a "staw dog" fallacy against the OP lies in my choice to present facts. Facts, which I might add, that have yet to be debunked.

The OP speaks of good will through philanthropy? Its sad that so much money is donated to an organization such as the Shriners when they have a tendency for substandard business practices. Many allegations have been made against them which lead to an investigation by the BBB.

One of these allegations stem back to an investigation conducted by the Orlando Sentinel in 1985. Once the investigation was concluded, a respected columnist employed by the Sentinel, named Ann Landers, wrote about some of these findings. Landers mentioned that the Shriners appropriated over 71% of the donated monies, equaling roughly $21.7 million U.S dollars, for personal intrigues such as travel, entertainment, and fraternal ceremonies.

Sincerely,

Distracto

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I cant speak on behalf of Shriners because I am not a Shriner and never will be.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The reason for this thread was to provide a counter-balance to roughly one thousand threads posted by anti-masons here.

So far, none of the facts posted about various anti-masons and anti-masonic regimes have been refuted.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I cant speak on behalf of Shriners because I am not a Shriner

Thank you for your candor. However, one doesn't need to be to a Shriner, or even a Freemason for that matter, to research the validity of a document.

Sincerely,

Distracto

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

The reason for this thread was to provide a counter-balance to roughly one thousand threads posted by anti-masons here.

Understood; fair is fair.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Distracto

Thank you for your candor. However, one doesn't need to be to a Shriner, or even a Freemason for that matter, to research the validity of a document.

The document if valid, points to an abuse of charity moneys by Shriners. Shriners is a different organization than freemasonry.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

The document if valid, points to an abuse of charity moneys by Shriners. Shriners is a different organization than freemasonry.

That is partially true.

In fact, it is a Freemasonic Affiliate that is inhabited exclusively by Freemasons.

To clarify:

If one decides to become a Shriner, one must first be a Freemason (Master Mason), in good standing, to join.

Sincerely,

Distracto

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yes, but a different organization with different values it is. If you were a freemason yourself you´d know that we GIVE more than we get back. And thats the spirit of it too.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes, but a different organization with different values it is.

A Freemason is required to uphold his sworn oaths, regardless of any affiliate membership. Considering prerequisite Freemasonic membership is required, previous sworn oaths are still applicable.

If you were a freemason yourself you´d know that we GIVE more than we get back.

I sincerely agree with this statement.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Well, to keep it short and simple:

If the document you provided is valid and not a hoax then it is evidence of some not-very-nice practice.

Im not going to argue that.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, which source are you using? Freemasonrywatch or Sandy Frost? You didn't cite your sources...

That being said, while I suppose it is true that Ann Landers was respected and beloved by many of her readers, she wasn't the investigative journalist, so its disingenuous to attach her reputation to the report merely because she reprinted it.

Still, since you're only citing Ann Landers, I'll let her argue for the defense as well.

The facts uncovered by the Orlando Sentinel's investigative reporters in no way diminishes services performed by the Shrine hospitals. The complaint is that a great deal of money that people think is being given to help crippled and burned children never gets there. In all fairness, I want it understood that every penny sent directly to the hospitals is spent solely to help the children.
www.freemasonrywatch.org...

Removed un-original text

[edit on 6-5-2008 by dbates]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join