It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My friend says this is his best pickup line...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Oh, that is awful!
I'm not one who would fall for this, at all!
...actually, I never fall for anyone's lame pickup lines...I just laugh!

Please tell me this guy is a silly teenager, not an adult!

Someone would definitely get a very strange look from me!

!

[edit on 5/1/2008 by Givenmay]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Givenmay
Oh, that is awful!
I'm not one who would fall for this, at all!
...actually, I never fall for anyone's lame pickup lines...I just laugh!

Please tell me this guy is a silly teenager, not an adult!

Someone would definitely get a very strange look from me!

!

he didnt tell me his pickup line was "oh me and you and my girlfriend should go ice skating"

he just said his pickup line is letting all new girls know that he has a girlfriend and he cant do too much with her

so you're saying, EVERY GUY WHO TELLS YOU HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND and he is taken, you have automatically assumed he was lying until you saw the girlfriend for yourself?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No, what I am saying is, if he was to come out and say he has a girlfriend, then I would'nt want to go do things with him!

...now maybe if he was cute, and lied about having a girlfriend in the first place, then later on after we connected for awhile, he comes out and says something like:

"I've been talking to this really nice girl for some time now, we get along great and decided to become a couple so, you and I will not be able to hang out as much, and so on!"

Then there might be some competition to deal with, if we clicked well enough...but, thats another story!

I'm not saying it would'nt work, just not something I would fall for!

...but, anyways I'm not your normal girl either!
I usually turn everyone down!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ranma_Saotome

You´ll wanna read a book called "The Game" by Neil Strauss. It tells the story of a guy who set out to be the worlds greatest pick-up-artist. Hilarious read.

Still, I personally dont believe in pick-up-lines. If you´re not just yourself, you wont radiate, then it wont matter what you say, nobody will listen. If on the other hand, you radiate it wont matter what you say, everybody will listen. So its a mood-thing, imo.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well said Skyfloating

Radiate warmth, enthusiasm, joy, fun, all those positive qualities; and people will be naturally drawn to you and you barely have to worry about "lines", pickup routines and all that

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I'll never understand how pickup lines work, just be yourself!!! Just not your mildly-awkwardly social-self.

=EDIT=
Dang it, skyfloating beat it to me...a month ago..lol, man I'm really late in this thread.....wait nope, just a day...

But yeah...who has my trouble? All of the girls I met so far in college, who took interests in me, or who I took interest in has a boyfriend?! lol It sucks....and being the nice guy, I'm not the person to screw up anyone's relationship. And no, it wasn't an excuse, I met all of them... lol.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueff0

all pretty girls have boyfriends and the only way to get them is if you ruin their relationship. sorry but its the truth unless you wanna wait for the inevitable so you can be the rebound guy...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
i don't think pick up lines work. The way i see would play out somewhat like this.

You and your guy friends go out wherever (bar, club, eatery, movies, whatev). One guy dresses more flashy than the others. He'll be the main star. During your extravaganza, don't concentrate on anyone, not a set group of girls (or guys, they're easier to talk to at a social place i realize). Instead, mingle with everyone. When you go to talk to a group, be there "just to introduce yourself". Once you and the group get to be accquainted, start edging your seat as if you gotta go and be somewhere. Have a buddy swoop in as if he's gonna take you away and introduce him. Make the group your getting to know feel like they know you. Make them want you to stay. And if your eyeing a certain chick ACT INTERESTED IN HER FREIND!!! She might not be used to that either if she's way hot (sorry if that offends anyone). Than maybe the chick your eyein will try and grab your attention, if not well...you can settle.

That's just the way i see it working. No cheesy pick up lines.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
all pretty girls have boyfriends and the only way to get them is if you ruin their relationship.

This is SO true, you nailed it DuneKnight!
:bnghd:

I can't even count the number of times a very attractive woman was flirting, and flirting, and flirting.... only for me to find that she was already seeing someone! Or, married....
:bnghd:

I have come to find that the women who flirt the MOST aggressively - are, paradoxically, already taken!

I've talked to a lot of guys who say things like, "Oh, there are SO many hot, single, lonely women out there!!", but, I don't see it.....

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by screamo

No, no, and no.

While you and your buddies are busy playing all these games and experimenting with all these indirect tactics..... you will be getting absolutely trounced by all the guys who have the guts to make bold, direct moves.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MrdDstrbr

I have come to find that the women who flirt the MOST aggressively - are, paradoxically, already taken!

I DEFINITELY resemble that remark.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrdDstrbr

I've talked to a lot of guys who say things like, "Oh, there are SO many hot, single, lonely women out there!!", but, I don't see it.....

There are places in the world where there´s a shortage of men. Men just arent born there much.

...we keep these places a secret

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

and these places have polygamy :shk:

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

BEHAVE!!! you little minx!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
my friend radiates pretty well

he doesnt use pickup lines. my thread title is misleading.

my friend DOESNT USE PICKUP LINES

he just told me his strategy is to tell girls he already has a girlfriend, and he said that makes them go crazy

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ranma_Saotome
my friend radiates pretty well

he doesnt use pickup lines. my thread title is misleading.

my friend DOESNT USE PICKUP LINES

yes ok, ok....

I should have addressed those in this thread who talk about pick-up lines anyway, not you.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

That sounds a bit technical. Have you and a group of friends tried this method?
It reminds me of the scene in A Beautiful Mind for some reason.

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I got a cool pick-up line that always gets people laid.
its very simple and goes like this: "I got a porsche"

posted on May, 4 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DuneKnight

Haha, I will never, ever be the rebound guy!! I have higher standards then that, I would never go after a girl in a bad situation or depressing mood.

However, I'm sure your probably right, and if I'm ever in that situation, then I'll just let it be. But if the girl does break up with her boyfriend, I hope its based on her own term, I don't want to be the main source of the break up that's just all.

[edit on 4-5-2008 by skyblueff0]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:13 AM
link   
lol thats the stupidest line ive ever heard................!!!
but some people have got that charm no matter what they say the ladies like!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join