It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this quote make it all but impossible to vote for Obama?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
And far be it from me to say that you don't have the right to use them, but out of respect for the "nappy headed Oreos" on this site, can you please refrain from using them in the future? Call it a personal favor.

Thank you for acknowledging my right to free speech. If you will look at my post you will find that nowhere did I use the term "nappy-headed Oreo."

These are my words and I stand by them. No where in these two paragraphs is there an insult of any kind. In fact, I am quite complimentary of Obama.

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is clear to me at least that Obama grew up pretty much an "Oreo"--black on the outside and white on the inside. He was raised in a white culture, attended the top two Ivy League schools and excelled in both endeavors.

When he went to Chicago, he fooled no one, because it would be clear to any homeboy that even though Obama was a little dark and had nappy hair, that was just the exterior and that he was culturally white.

So, in the future stop twisting my words. Call it a personal favor.

[edit on 2008/5/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
It is clear to me at least that Obama grew up pretty much an "Oreo"--black on the outside and white on the inside. He was raised in a white culture, attended the two top two Ivy League schools and excelled in both endeavors.

You called the man an Oreo. Maybe you judge that as a complement, many do not, and see it as a very divisive term. And in this statement you say that it is clear to you that because he is educated he is "White on the inside".

When he went to Chicago, he fooled no one, because it would be clear to any homeboy that even though Obama was a little dark and had nappy hair, that was just the exterior and that he was culturally white.

So yes, you did call Obama a 'nappy headed Oreo'

So, in the future stop twisting my words. Call it a personal favor.

No twisting of words. This is exactly what you said. And unless you appreciate people throwing around terms like 'rednecked cracker' or 'honkey' around, please avoid using racially charged terms for the sake of getting a rise out of people.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
No twisting of words. This is exactly what you said. And unless you appreciate people throwing around terms like 'rednecked cracker' or 'honkey' around, please avoid using racially charged terms for the sake of getting a rise out of people.

Now that you have that off your chest, I'm finished discussing this matter with you. Thank you.

[edit on 2008/5/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

That's fine. I'm through discussing your veiled racist comments as well. And though I attempted to do it in a civil manner, I can see that you don't see any problem with it. Which means, at least to me, that it is so ingrained in your personality that it's impossible for you to sympathize or empathize with the other point of view.

Good day sir

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
This is What American Polotics should sound like

Originally posted by semperfortis
The quote is actually this in full...

"... they need specific reassurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Yahoo Answers

People like to look back at history with revisionist googles.

What was wroung with the impriosonment of the Japenise population during WWII?

Lets just be happy that the commander in cheif had the balls to do what was right for the future of this country, rather then Pander to a ethinic Group.

I would much rather have a president that has a no-nonsense aproach against those that want to destroy us.

That quote is Disgusting... he is stateing that he will stand with the Muslems, and not with the Christain Nation that is America...

I am just saying, i would rather have a Commander in Cheif that will destory the enemy, degrade the enemy, and wouldn't think about 'offending' the enemy, i want a Patton-like Comander-in-cheif, rather then a double talking, sissy, that is going to roll over, and cave to the enemy, at the first chance he gets.

But that is just me, i am sure there are people out there that would offer, the man that comes to cut thier head off, a cup of tea, and then ask him to play nice.

If our political sistuation, back in 1941, was the same today, we would all be speaking Japaniese or German, rather then English and Spanish...

" My God, I acutualy Pitty those poor bastard we are going up againt, by God, I do. Were just not going to shoot the bastard, were going to cut out thier living guts, and use them to grease the treads of our tanks. were going to murder those lousy-hun-bastards by the bushel..."

Thats the kind of talk i want the president to have... not whishy-washing, 'Oh, if the political winds change, i might side with the enemy...' thats bull-(blank)...

I get him out of here... Obama is exposing himself... he needs to put a gag order on himself... Get this empty suit out of here.

Even Clinton appears to have more Balls then Obama.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

If our political sistuation, back in 1941, was the same today, we would all be speaking Japaniese or German, rather then English and Spanish...

Cute, but if we had listened to your ilk in 1941, we would have been on the NAZI's side

People forget that the American right saw the rise of Hitler and the NAZI party as a positive development, and a model for the future of the US.

They felt we should be fighting Communism alongside the NAZI's and Fascists of Europe, not supporting the Allies against them, and they campaigned bitterly against FDR's material support of the allies, prior to Pearl Harbor.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join