It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrest Bush : Bush Confesses to Waterboarding. Call D.C. Cops!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Arrest Bush : Bush Confesses To Waterboarding. Call D.C. Cops!

www.commondreams.org

When the U.S. signs a treaty, its provisions carry the full force of U.S. law. One such treaty is the U.N. Convention Against Torture, of which the U.S. is a core signatory. As Philippe Sands writes in his new book “Torture Team:” Parties to the… Convention are required to investigate any person who is alleged to have committed torture. If appropriate, they must then prosecute — or extradite the person to a place where he will be prosecuted. The Torture Convention… criminalizes any act that constitutes complicity or participation in torture. Complicity or participation could certainly be extended not only to the politicians and but also the lawyers involved…”

George W. Bush has publicly confessed that he ordered torture, thus violating the Convention Against Torture. He, Cheney, Rumseld, Rice and the other Principals must therefore be arrested and, unlike the thousands of detainees kidnapped by the U.S. since 9/11, arraigned and placed on trial.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-4-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Nearly as stunning as the Dictator-Decider's admissions of signing off on torture approvaels (and thereby violating international law and the Geneva Conventions Treaties), is the near total black-out and lack of any questioning by our complicit and corrupt Corpo-MSM outlets...

Now this brings up a good pont below, since we know that the also equally corrupted congress and croney-laiden SCOTUS won't do a damn thing, how about the Chief Of Police In D.C.?

Is there ANYONE in this country who will hold these war criminals accountable for their crimes against humanity?

In any case, Democrats have already said that impeachment is “off the table.”

Bush could be extradited to one of the countries where the torture and murders were committed — such as Afghanistan or Cuba. But he could claim immunity as a head of state.

There is, however, a person who could begin holding Bush and the others accountable for their crimes.

She is Cathy L. Lanier, the 39-year-old chief of D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department. Chief Lanier, take note: you have probable cause to arrest a self-confessed serial torturer and mass murderer within the borders of the District of Columbia. He resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Go get him.

History is calling, Chief Lanier. Your city, and your country, needs you.

www.commondreams.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This isn't breaking news, this is typical anti-bush slander. Theres a proper forum for this kind of stuff, and it isn't the breaking news section.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Heh.....she would have to have some giant.......eh.....nevermind.

Can you imagine the ensuing fracas between the secret service and the officers trying to make an arrest? Is this even possible? Are there any past cases that would establish a precident for this sort of thing? Nixon comes to mind but I dont recall him ever being arrested...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ppskylight

Funny you should say that, because ths SHOULD be in the news! That was my point, the MSM is not doing their job in going after these WAR CRIMINALS! It's got nothing to do with "anti-Bush"---These people are guilty of authorizing and carrying out TORTURE---They have violated the law...I don't care WHO did it, rep, dem, Prez, VP---They have broken the law and need to be brought to justice. The bought and paid for corporate MSM is all but ignoring this criminality in hopes that it will just go away.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Funny you should say that, because ths SHOULD be in the news! That was my point, the MSM is not doing their job in going after these WAR CRIMINALS! It's got nothing to do with "anti-Bush"---These people are guilty of authorizing and carrying out TORTURE---They have violated the law...I don't care WHO did it, rep, dem, Prez, VP---They have broken the law and need to be brought to justice. The bought and paid for corporate MSM is all but ignoring this criminality in hopes that it will just go away.

Water boarding should not be considered a form of torture, and it isn't considered torture by many, many people. Without water boarding, service members over seas wouldn't be able to gather valuable intel, which saves American lives. Water boarding is not torture, its a stress technique. Do you think our enemies in Iraq and Afghanistan are going to be held accountable for their (actual) torture? Using power drills and electricity? Acid? Do you really think that Americans are as brutal as those we face? You have a unfortunate misunderstanding of just how brutal our enemies in the East can be, and how brutal they have been at home. Plus, this isn't breaking news. People have been talking about this for weeks, read the posting rules for breaking news forum, the story is supposed to be max 2 days old. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Oh, don't even start with the ever-lame "water-boarding isn't torture" nonsense...Even the CIA director admitted it was ILLEGAL during the Senate Hearings, so that is just ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Alot of things are illegal that shouldn't be. Marijuana is one of those things. Water boarding should be seen as a valuable anti-terror tool. My greatest regret is that people like you are in government and we can't water board terror suspects...Oh wait, people like you aren't in government, and we do water board terror suspects. Oh well, too bad for those who would rather give a terrorist a hug.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You do know that Ted Rall is the lying, low-life who mocked Pat Tillman's death and that commondreams.com is not a credible news source?

Is this what Breaking Alternative News has come to? Just a series of links to sensationalist, left-wing, electronic scandal rags?

Would it not be better to just post news articles here and let the membership evaluate it, instead of posting already processed and regurgitated facts from a few highly biased websites that members could access on their own, if they so desired?

Is it too much to ask that we have something more objective to work with here?

Just because Ted Rall and the hard-left, anti-US crowd consider water boarding to be torture doesn't make it so.

What it has been proven to be is an interrogation tactic that has yielded some very important information and the interrogated emerge unharmed.

In fact, according to the information that I've read, the technique is reserved for very special prisoners who have critical information and it has worked one hunderd percent of the time.

This statement alone proves just how specious and outrageous these allegations are.

She is Cathy L. Lanier, the 39-year-old chief of D.C.’s Metropolitan Police Department. Chief Lanier, take note: you have probable cause to arrest a self-confessed serial torturer and mass murderer within the borders of the District of Columbia. He resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Go get him.

www.commondreams.org...

[edit on 2008/4/30 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Here we go again...Anti Government = anti-U.S., huh?

And just out of curiosity, where should we be getting our "alternative" news from? Fox? MSNBC? CNN?

The same CORRUPT NEWS SITES that were just busted using "bought-and-paid-for" Pentagon sock-puppets as "military analysts"?

Just because a site doesn't paint this CORRUPT gov of ours in the rosey picture you gov-lovers seem to, doesn't discredit them or the material they come up with...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

I think that you are so hate-filled that you don't have an objective bone in your body and what is more, you don't even have the motivation to actually research a topic and offer your own assessment of it.

You just post someone else's view from a few of your favorite smear sites and add a snide remark or two.

There was a time when ATS held its members to a higher standard.

Posts like this just give the whole site a black eye.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Likewise from your end--You regurgitate nothing but government propeganda and "they can do no wrong" mentality, defending literally everything they do, no matter how crooked. I'm just glad that people are finally waking up from this type of brainwashing that has put us on such a bad course, and I won't be intimidated by you or anyone else to not speak up about it.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Couldn't agree with you more. Plus, 75% of the posts this guy makes aren't breaking news, hes posting in the wrong section of ATS.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemiK
Can you imagine the ensuing fracas between the secret service and the officers trying to make an arrest?

Exactly what immediately sprung in to my mind.

The PD would'nt get past the secret service boys.

Regards S_G

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Again, you're playing fast and lose with the facts. I do in fact criticize the government when there is a legitimate issue.

One thing I don't do is just rail against everything the government does because I am so full of hate that I can't think clearly.

If you are a US citizen of majority age, there are plenty of ways that you can make a real difference in your government.

Have you thought of voting, writing your legislators, registering voters, donating money to your political causes, volunteering time to help the your local campaign headquarters?

That's a whole lot more effective than just posting garbage on ATS, but it takes some real work and dedication.

Another thing, you are doing to me what you are doing to the US. You don't have any evidence that I am a propagandist for the government and indeed, a review of my work here would indicate clearly that I am no such thing, but because I'm not a rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth Bush hater, I must be on someone's payroll.

That's just how distorted your thinking is.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

WRONG...>I'm< not doing anything to the "U.S." by speaking up against what I, and many others see are injustices by our government. YOU continue to make these absurd assumptions anytime folks don't go along with your own POV. Stop trying to muddle the issue with, "Your a Bush-hater, so you're an AMERICA hater" nonsense...If you choose to think things are hunky-dory, that's your prerogative, but don't expect the rest of us to.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It's okay to criticize your government. The Constitution protects that right.

What I and others object to is the left's over the top vitriol, of which you are a part.

If you are really open minded and have strongly held beliefs, why not, as I suggested before, do some research and write an analysis that is serious, sober, and based in reality.

It is you who is spewing and regurgitating hate, not me.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Now see, this is what REALLY gets me, specially in these modern times:

The "LEFT vs RIGHT" stigmas attached to everything.

Listen man, I am no longer a fan of EITHER sides of these parties, in fact I see them as nothing more than ONE, giant monopolistic party, that has a stranglehold on our nation.

And from what I see, they are becoming more corrupt and abusive of their positions on BOTH SIDES.

I just posted a thread yesterday about how 151 Congressmen on BOTH SIDES had shares in defense Co's and were directly profiteering off of war!

Now you sit here and try and tell me I don't have a reason to be speaking up? And again, this isn't "Right" or "Left", this is TOTAL corruption, on both sides!

*Edit to add--I never accused you of spewing hate, in fact I said the opposite---You seem to LOVE your gov.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
To call someone anti-American because they are anti-government (The Bush Regime) is illogical. You are more of a patriot to your country if you do question your goverment elected (or not) by the PEOPLE. I think you will find the major problem we the people have with your Bush Administration is due to the facts. The facts speak for themselves, you are losing your sons and daughters in a war that was waged over an admitted lie by Greenspun at the time, who has now recanted his statement (probably due to some form of blackmail by you know who).

It is your DUTY to question those in power to "keep the bastards honest". If anything one could blame people such as you for not doing this, thus allowing one of the greates blunders in our times. Your GOVERNMENT has done some horrible things throughout the worlds history, and you should not turn a blind eye to this.

The mere fact you have people like wearechange or Alex Jones, whoever is speaking up and out loud about the current situation your country has found itself in brings your country credit and hope to other people from other countries watching from afar. Because we do know the American PEOPLE are great, nice people like people everywhere.

To put it bluntly, WAKE THE HELL UP!

watchZEITGEISTnow

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

How does one gain the authority to 'proclaim' what is or isn't torture? I consider it the height of inhumanity to defend water boarding after have witnessed it firsthand, and with the advent of the internet, that experience is available to anyone who really wants to see it first hand, before passing judgment. But I suppose that may have to do with my age and my total lack of interest in the voyeuristic aspect of 'justice.'

Because of the violence involved, and my inability to clinically detach myself from the victim's desperation to escape and fear of imminent death, I will not be swayed by mere verbal assurances from the torturer that 'this saves lives.' Until a water-boarding victim actually corroborates that violence was averted, I won't yield to notion that we can trust our 'professional interrogators' with such dehumanizing power.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join