It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow (creature) Dancin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Okay, I tried to get this story on this morning but I had problems. More on that later.

I had though hard about posting this. One reason is I don't feel that comfortable that I did see something and another is, I'm a lazy bum and its going to take some time to describe this event but here goes..again!

A couple of weeks ago, I was out on the deck grilling. It was about 7:30pm EST or 1930 hours for all you military folks. It was dark and had been dark for about an hour. No moon. I forget if we were in new moon or just heavily overcast. I was grilling burgers with a gas grill and had just stepped back out onto the deck to turn them. No light was on so the only illumination came from the dim burners inside the grill. As my grilling surface is heavily charred from use, I had covered it with foil which had trapped a portion of the hot grease which had cooked out of the meat. As I turned the first one, I caught the foil tearing it and letting the hot grease pour onto the flame causing a huge flame up. The instant brilliant flash brightly illuminated everything. As this happened, I saw a dark shadow move accross the deck (to my immediate left) beside me into the darkenss and away from the flames.

At first I was startled because I knew I was alone. I looked up as if my first reaction was something huge was overhead..but realizing the sky was dark, what source of light would cast that shadow? The I realized that whatever it was, its shadow should have been cast on the wall to my left, not the floor because it would have to be between the actual flame and a surface to cast a direct shadow that dark. It was as dark as coal tar as it flowed across the deck boards leaving the deck and spreading into the darkness. The angle was all wrong.

Now, I'm not making any claims just recounting the experience. ..and as if that wasn't weird enough..when trying to type this in this morning, as I was finishing up, my computer shutdown. No, it didn't crash or lock up, it shutdown. Played the little wavefile and everything. So, I got pissed because I had to wait until my luch to retype it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
spooky but very fascinating stuff, sorry I have nothing else to add to that.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Was that the first time you saw such a shadow?
Or do you think "they" have been following you?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Teaches you for moving out to the hicks.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Yup, interesting indeed. Could've been any number of things, but you can use your imagination and think about the possibilities without having them listed for you I'm sure. I don't know what to say about you computer shutting down, and how that's related, if it is. I'm going to refrain from all the *maybes* as I simply don't know what that was.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
"More human than human"

Many people have mentioned 'shadow beings', but I've never seen one myself. I'd like to know what attracts these beings towards certain individuals. This sounds like it was a first experience for you, but why was its presence known? It also sounds like the flame startled it which makes me think it was avoiding any source of light. Man, the questions just keep on coming! I certainly believe there are 'things' around us that normally cannot be seen. Once in a great while we catch a glimpse of something, but usually no other interaction follows.

Thank you for sharing this experience with us.

[Edited on 2/27/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks for all the input so far. Yes, I do think the huge abrupt flame up was a factor. I didn't expect it so maybe it (whatever it was) didn't either. It was stationary for what seem like a fraction of a second and then moved swifty (very swiftly) off into the darkness. My eyes were adjusting to the intesity of the flames so I wasn't about to perceive form past them. I have considered that this was a result of such a quick burst of light to the pupils, but it sure didn't seem like it. It wasn't that bright like a spotbeam or anything. Just like campfire bright so I wasn't momentarily blinded or anything. My eyes adjusted quickly as I had been looking at the flame down in the grill anyway.

Yes, this was my first time seeing something like this and haven't since. I haven't tried to and haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary. I could replicate the incident but I think having knowledge about it might somehow telegraph the whole thing. I wasn't expecting this and was thinking about something eles entirely.

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by astrocreep]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Better have that shotgun ready.

A hungry transient/vagrant can be a dangerous one.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Questor
Better have that shotgun ready.

A hungry transient/vagrant can be a dangerous one.

You don't think!!!? It was after my burgers do ya? If they're sooo good I've got things jumping deminsions to get at them, maybe I'm in the wrong business.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
THis post is somewhat related to yours, I thought the feedback provided was interesting

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Interesting encounter, it could be some sort of thoughtform, or possibly a spirit. It cast a shadow, makiing in corporeal

new topics

top topics

join