It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T3

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I don't know if there is any fans out there that like the terminator movies but go check out the site at www.terminator3.com pretty cool trailer and outher stuff

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Geesh. I'm such a nerd. I see "T3" and say to myself, "Wow! That's a lotta bandwidth! Running a gaming site with downloads, maybe?"

Terminator. Movie. Who'da thunk it?

posted on Dec, 27 2002 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Don't worry Byrd, I thought same thing to. Anyone know any sites to download games/demos for free?

Al

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I know a site its Here. But also has some shareware

[Edited on 28-12-2002 by Al]

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 12:30 PM
link   
did any of you check the trailer for it by any chance

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 03:44 PM
link   
nah especially not on my t-3 line aka 56k internet

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I have the latest trailer for Terminator 3 (the full one, not the teaser with the metallic T3 logo). Its pretty cool, I especially like the beginning with all the human skulls in the ocean and the new "Hunter Killer" hovering above.

I'm on KaZaA under the name simongrayats@kazaa if anyone wants to try downloading it. Its a Quicktime file and is 15.7MB in size. Quite a few others have it as well so that will bump up the download speed. My highest upload speed I've noticed before was 29.6kb/s.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 11:59 PM
link   
[Edited on 29-12-2002 by SE7EN]

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I knew T3 was for Terminator 3.

--Andy

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have always wished the third movie took place in the future/beginning. Yay!

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Not to burst anyone's bubble but...

Just how does this storyline continue? I thought T2 showed us the prevention of the forming of Cyberdine Systems and SkyNet (is that the name for the global network?). How then does the future machine culture send an even more advanced terminator back in time if that future was prevented?

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Nah when the dude blew up the building that all the research was being done at, he didn't kill the others who were researching it.

I can't remember, I know he was the ONLY one with access to the recorded information and such, but if I remember correctly, they were not too far away from making a brake through and making the first prototype. Which means the destruction of the data merely set back the date to the normal date (making sense since you can't change the future if it's really the past of a further date, and the whole thing wasn't supposed to happen until John was older, which in T-3 he is.), so instead of it happening ahead of time because of the discovered materials, it happens when it normally did.

Which is really good actually, because most movies involving travelling to the past doesn't really explain how the future wasn't altered, T-2 has apparently VERY WELL explained how the future wasn't altered. In this case by the destruction of all "physical" evidence of the future, i.e. the robot stuff.

Hmm I can't remember, was the mom's picture that the "dad" brought back taken at the end of the 1st movie or the second? If it was taken at the end of the second then that's really awesome parallelism.

Oh but an interesting thing is that the original end to T-2 was going to show the future all perfect and happy and crap, with the mom as really old and pushing a swing of some young child who would be thought of as a grand-daughter. But they changed that because they wanted the end to make you think that the future really isn't set, and nor is it really known.

So now that I think about it, John Conor in the 3rd movie is probably going to say to Arnold when he first arrives, "HOW THE HELL? WE DESTROYED YOU THIS WAS NEVER SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN!".

Then Arnold will say. "How could you have destroyed me if none of this was supposed to happen because you destroyed me?"

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by William
Not to burst anyone's bubble but...

Just how does this storyline continue? I thought T2 showed us the prevention of the forming of Cyberdine Systems and SkyNet (is that the name for the global network?). How then does the future machine culture send an even more advanced terminator back in time if that future was prevented?

Following that line of thinking how was the original terminator sent back. These time paradoxes can get confusing.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 09:28 AM
link   
No Mad this movie is excellently written so that there are NO time paradoxes. That's what is so good about it. Does no one read what I write? Or do you just chose not to see the stuff that explains everything?

Because the original terminator came back in the first movie, when the Terminators would take over earth was going to happen MUCH sooner, thus changing the past and future, this can't happen right? That would be a time paradox.

This is fixed in the 2nd movie, when the terminator destroys ever last bit of evidence of the first the T-1000 and himself. That solves the time paradox, because now everything happens as it was going to, the terminators still get built, and everyone gets destroyed, and the terminators are sent back in time kinda thing, but the history is the history of the future, and the future isn't altered.

Perfect writing, and what's even better, I think it was all by accident, James Cameron being totally clueless

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Wrong FreeMason, the paradox occurs as Skynet is created from the original terminators Neural processor. Which doesn't make sense. Skynet cannot have created itself in the past.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 10:15 AM
link   
No I am not wrong because Cyberdine systems or whatever makes the neural processors, they didn't make it from the original chip. Just let us wait till T-3 And I'm sure you'll understand.

Sincerely,
no signature

[Edited on 29-12-2002 by FreeMason]

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 02:18 PM
link   
go have a look on there message boards that will explain it all to you

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just adding my little bit of temporal mechanics...

If at the end of Terminator 2, when the Model 101 was destroyed along with the arm and neural processor from the first Terminator (not to forget the T-1000), had everything been destroyed, all knowledge of the future should have been erased from the peoples' memories. This would have prevented the time paradox from taking place, however since there is a third movie with Terminators then some piece of Cyberdyne technology had still existed at the end of the second movie.

[Edited on 31-12-2002 by SimonGray]

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 10:47 PM
link   
If that is the case Simon, and I agree that is what must have happened. Then wouldn't the timeline be altered with an entirely different AI enemy, different from the normal T101 terminator ? which looks lke Armie.
I watched the trailer and the SFX look bloody good.

posted on Dec, 31 2002 @ 08:40 AM
link   
for making me think too much, hehe...)

Of course, there's always the paradox that the father of John Connor wasn't even born yet at the time he fathered John, hehe....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join