It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Hunters: Code Red episode

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
UFO Hunters: Code Red

12 UFOs trigger military radar at California's Edwards Air Force Base, October 7, 1965.

Episode summary

"How would the military respond if UFOs suddenly invaded restricted U.S. airspace? It allegedly happened, and the team gets a rare interview with the Military Air Traffic Controller who was there, and uncovers remastered audio tapes and radar imaging that reconstructs a shocking, little known series of events over the southwest United States."

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
According to the onscreen guide, this is a new episode.

History Channel tonight at 9pm Central/10pm Eastern.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Hmmm... this sounds like it might be one of the good ones. Hope that turns out to be true. I know I'll be watching (maybe from a recording though.... not sure if I'll watch it while it's on)

[edit on 30-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
how do I get a signature on this thing????

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Isn't this the Los Angeles Air Raid incident? Or something else?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by EclipseReloaded
Isn't this the Los Angeles Air Raid incident? Or something else?

I believe you're thinking of The Battle of Los Angeles. That was in 1942.

This episode is about some other incident.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
This "Code Red" episode of UFO Hunters was better than usual...

* Tracking of 7 UFOs by 4 radar systems & ground visual accounts
* Radar images (hard copies)
* Existence of an "UFO Officer" at Edwards Air Force Base( John D.Balent) from Foreign Technology Division from Wright Patterson on Audio tape and making official report. (even though he claimed it was just a weather ballon)
* Sorrel's testimony from flight tower at EAFB.
* F106/Alert Bird (nuclear armed) scrambled to intercept UFOs/audio tape of chase.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by EclipseReloaded]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I just finished watching the episode. And all I can say is wow. The proof was undeniable. And the fact that there was a UFO officer on one of the bases blew my mind. Thanks for the heads up definatly worth the watch!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Darn!
I missed it!

Will it air again tonight?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I dunno it usually does though the next week. If you have cable you can check your local listings here www.tvguide.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thefight

Thanks for the link I 'll go look now.
Yes I do have cable.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
It's on again at 2am here.

Just wondering if anyone can identify the aircraft they show at the very beginning and again at 44 minutes into the program.

I looks like this:

That is an Starfighter or a stubbier looking X-3, and the booster was not at the tail, but underneath the middle.

I had a model airplane kit of this in the 60s and can't remember the name of it.

TIA

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Badge01
It's on again at 2am here.

Just wondering if anyone can identify the aircraft they show at the very beginning and again at 44 minutes into the program.

I'm trying to remember.. it wasn't the X-15 was it?

The first X-15 was completed in late 1958, and after five months, it was ready for its first unpowered glide flight in March 1959, having been dropped from a B-52 "mother ship" over Edwards AFB. California. The first powered X-15 flight involved the second X-15, and it took place on September 17, 1959, with North American Aviation test pilot Scott Crossfield at the controls. It was an impressive first flight as he accomplished a speed of 1,393 miles per hour (Mach 2.11) and an altitude of 52,341 feet. On flight 18 in August 1960, test pilot Joe Walker set a world speed record of 2,196 miles per hour (Mach 3.31), and on the next flight Major Robert M. White took the aircraft to an altitude of 136,500 feet.

The X-15 had a wingspan of 22 feet 4 inches and a length of either 49 feet 10 inches or 50 feet 3 inches, depending on which engine was installed. It had a gross weight of 31,275 pounds.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I have a few thoughts about this episode.

Does it bother anyone else that the "old man" character/UFO Hunter blinks his eyes like 30 times a minute!!?? I can't stand this. Every time I see this I can't focus on anything they're saying. It drives me crazy! At least he was wearing sunglasses for most of this episode.

Secondly, I hate when anybody brings up the Stealth Bomber or the blackbird as possible explanations for the UFOs people have seen before the military officially released them. I think even a pilot on this episode said, "Well up to that point we had never seen a Blackbird before and when I first saw one of those things I was like, "wow" - I'd never seen anything like it." That's such b.s.! The thing still looks like a damn plane! It also FLIES like a plane. It's the equivalent of if you've only seen Honda Civics your whole life, and then someone drives up in a lamborghini. You'd definitely be excited, but under no circumstances would you think, "that's not a car". Are these pilots retarded? They don't look *that* different.

Finally, trying to prove a UFO was over an airforce base 45 years ago is ridiculous. Oh, they have radar! Oh, they have audio tape! Oh, they have a "UFO officer" (I love how they build that up and then there's a perfectly logical explanation for it later on). Do you expect to convince anybody of this thing through audio tape and old radar readings (where are these radar readings from? How do we know they're from that incident?) I don't know about you guys but my belief starts with visual evidence. Then we go from there. I was very upset that the pilot, who should have had the best look at the thing, never describes it. He just keeps asking the base where it is. Even more confusing is when the dispatcher (the old guy they actually had on the show) kept saying, in reference to the UFO, which at the time was ABOVE the pilot, "It's low. It's low". And the pilot was like, "huh? You said it was at 40,000 feet." "It is but it's still low." Ummmmm, WHAT??? How am I supposed to take this guy seriously if he doesn't even know what low means?"

This show is kind of bogus. But I will admit it's much better than when it started.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Man, I started watching and once again, I fell asleep. And I was finding it interesting. More so than previous episodes. It has to be the narrator's voice. Fortunately I DVRd it so I'll watch it when I get home. Guess I'll have to have some coffee while I do though. That voice could cure insomnia!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This was indeed the best (perhaps only good) episode so far. They did a damn good job of proving that this was not conventional aircraft or weather phenomenon. This was a true UFO incident.

They didn't even bring in Doc Brown Jr. to show us more pretty lights this time!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptnCrunch
I have a few thoughts about this episode.

So far, off to a good start.

Does it bother anyone else that the "old man" character/UFO Hunter blinks his eyes like 30 times a minute!!??

By old man, you are of course referring to Bill Birnes. It's a neurological disorder. Geez, give the guy a break.

Are these pilots retarded? They don't look *that* different.

Probably not. They were considering all possibilities. The A12 was mentioned because it was one of several black projects being tested in that area and around that time. In that context, they were merely considering that what they were seeing might have been another such secret project.

Finally, trying to prove a UFO was over an airforce base 45 years ago is ridiculous. -SNIP-

Yes, they had radar data, audio of control tower communications, multiple eye witness testimonies, simultaneous visual contact AND radar contact... I know we all want hard irrefutable evidence (i.e., alien landing in our living rooms), but it ain't gonna happen. The type of evidence they provided IS the best kind of evidence, aside from the government saving all of us time by just handing over all of their evidence. I agree, it is frustrating. And lastly, regarding the conversation between the controller and the pilot about radar information, it appears you may have misunderstood what was happening there. The controller was saying "he's still low", referring to the pilot. The objects were rapidly climbing, above 40,000 and 45,000 feet.
The pilot and others were confused about this because 40,000 feet is relatively high. The objects were higher and continuing to climb.

That said, this show is flawed just like any other investigative UFO show is. And yes, they throw in cliff hangers and teasers. That's what television producers do in an attempt keep viewers interested and from switching channels. An art as old as television itself. If that's what they have to do to keep the show going, then that's fine by me. Anything that creates more awareness on this topic is a positive thing.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Hi Johnny,

No, not the X-15. I'm working on getting it ID'd on the Aircraft forum. Check that thread if you like.

Thread
I'll send you the info when I find out what it was.

This craft was involved in zero-length take off - iow, it was launched using the orange booster with a downward canted nozzle right from its trailer.

They did this with the F-104 Starfighter, which was based on the X-3, and that's close but not the one I mean.

I'll try to remind folks when the show is on again.

Thanks!

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Badge01]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hi Johnny,

We have an ID.

See the last posts on the thread in the Aircraft forum above.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JeepGal
Man, I started watching and once again, I fell asleep.

Me too, JeepGal. What's wrong with us? I can't even stay awake for an hour long show. You should see how full my dvr is. I need to watch the last 15 minutes of about 23 programs.

Anyway, this incident was fascinating. So much corroberating evidence that cannot be discounted or debunked. There are not very many cases such as this. And there are no videos or pictures for people to pick apart.

Good job, Hunters!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join