It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(submission) US economy in growth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   

US economy in growth

afp.google.com

The US economy managed to avert the onset of recession as it struggled to grow at a 0.6 percent annual pace in the first quarter, government figures showed Wednesday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Haha hahahaha, how dumb does the government think we are?

Their figures are a lie, and so is this propaganda story I heard on the radio this morning on my way to work.

They refuse to admit we are in a recession.

Figured I'd post it so you guys could get a laugh as well.

afp.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
oh they'll just revise some numbers a few months from now and then say...

oh yeah.. the reccession.. oh that started a few months ago, we just didn't know it yet.

Then we all carry on like nothing happened.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

Hey don't laugh--There are people on this very board who will jump all over you with pie-charts and numbers if you mention the word recession or depression...It is hilarious though how stupid the numbers games are...We are in a F-in' MESS financially as a country right now as a whole, no "numbers" being tossed around are going to unconvince the people who are struggling of that reality.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Somebody is making money as usual, but consumer confidence is still at a record low and we are after all a nation that depend on consumer spending to survive.

Now wait when the stimulus checks goes out and people will artificially with help of the government hand outs boost the retail sales.

Then we will see the government numbers showing that consumer confidence is back and we are not longer in a recession.

This will last long enough until elections when the BS will hit the fan again.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

www.theglobeandmail.com...
Most of the companys posting gains, such as Ford, are profiting overseas within international markets.

Cheap labour, emerging middle classes in third world companies is the new frontier.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I agree,

Ford is doing fine oversea while GM is getting worst in the US.

Then again while they post their earnings many of this companies are not contributing anything to the hard worker America that lost their jobs with their outsourcing.

But is ok, profits are made and we are doing peachy.

new topics

top topics

join