It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Run Up To Full Blown Fascism?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight

No, you didn't think of that before? You are posting nothing but Anti-Bush, Anti-War articles as "breaking news". Barely anything you post qualifies as "news" never mind "breaking news". Take your slant elsewhere, this is supposed to be a news forum, not a political discussion on Bush and the current gov't. We're not here to debate Bush, theres other forum for that. If your gonna keep posting here, at least post something that qualifies as news.

- The articlce was dated yesterday, April 30, 2008. DD posted this article on that date, which was yesterday. How is this not breaking news?

- 300 allegations were just dismissed a day or two ago. Breaking news is supposed to be anything 48 hours ago or less. Again, how does this not qualify for breaking news?

- DD has been on this forum for quite awhile. I have been lurking here for 3 years and I can tell you that in my opinion, and in the opinion of many others on this board, he posts the best Breaking News articles of anyone else on this board. His news items are always accurate, true and from excellent sources. Op-Ed has a policy of giving attention to BOTH sides of the issue, Democrat and Republican.

- There is no reason for you to post such vitriole about a person you don't know, especially since you apparently aren't even familiar with DD's posting history.

- I have little respect for someone who is right off the bat antagonistic and rude to someone they don't know anything about. You really defeat your opinions when you act that way.

- FYI, it has been proven that both elections, 2000 and 2004 were STOLEN. Yes, that's right stolen. Google "Black Box Voting", "Bev Harris" and also GAO election 2004. The GAO is our own Government Accounting Office, a U.S. govt entity. They are there to examine such things and even THEY issued a statement saying that they believe the 2004 election was stolen. But according to you we still have freedom in this country.

- All you've done is post your own ignorant, out-dated opinions, which are based on apparently nothing, since you never bothered to post ANYTHING factual to back up your statements.

- "MINUS"? What school you went?

IMHO, you're nothing but a govt. propagandist shill with no manners, no insight and no ability to read between the lines of what's been happening in America.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

DD, you've been a great source of info with reference to where all the pieces fit. Honestly I'm blown away by some of the things you post.

I've been watching the news and seeing snippets here and there, believe it or not I came to ATS to "debunk" all of the conspiracy theories in my mind. Unfotrunately there's no way to do that-especially when all the pieces fit into the puzzle perfectly.

Civil disobedience, crime, causing social change and internet postings are getting flagged as "terrorism" now. Fascist totalitarianism isn't too far off now.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by SystemiK

Maomi Wolf is an absolute PATHETIC excuse for a historian (as, Wolf is NOT a Historian) and is completely politically biased.

At least when other historians and even my self compare America to other declining powers through history, it is in a historic context and in an unbiased way.

Essentially, America is going the way she says it is.. she got that right.. she just used all the wrong conclusions to come to this fact.

She's about dumb.

Rockpuck, I get the idea that you aren't really very knowledgeable about Ms. Wolfe. Have you ever read any of her books, all the way through? Just because you disagree with her, doesn't make her dumb. Of course, she's politically biased, as are we all, including yourself - which is why I think you don't like her, you don't like what she has to say. But if you read her most recent book, you may well agree with much of what she has to say.

She never called herself an historian, although she does know alot about it. All she had to do in her latest book, "The End of America" is study WW2 Nazi Germany's actions in order to formulate her hypothesis, which she does an excellent job of supporting, BTW.

She's a Feminist - due to her sexual harassment by her professors when she went to college. If you've seen pictures of her, you'd know why, she's absolutely beautiful. BTW, Harold Bloom, a psychologist/psychiatrist was one she accused of sexual harassment at Yale, but nothing was done about it. About 5 years ago, I read in the paper that his practice had been shut down and he went to prison - for sexually harassing his clients.

Dumb people don't become Rhodes scholars. Dumb people don't found organizations such as the Woodhull Institute for Ethical Leadership. Dumb people aren't known as an intellectual, which is what she's known for. She has been a political consultant for two presidential candidates, one of which became a president.

And no one who ever went to Lowell High School was dumb. At the time she attended Lowell, it was known to be the #1 public school in America and had been for a long time (I believe it was Newsweek that had a top ten schools list; Lowell was always on it until recently, when it became the target of the San Francisco school administration.) You had to get straight A's to even get into Lowell. No amount of money could get you in, you had to be a SMART, straight A student who could prove that you really wanted to go to Lowell. Dumb people aren't on the Lowell School Forensics Team either.

I agree with her whole-heartedly about America becoming fascist. Watch her video (link in above post), it's excellent.

Just because you don't agree with her, doesn't mean she's the dumb one.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
and then you have McCain saying that we are going to war for oil
www.abovetopsecret.com...#

kinda fascist isnt it? Im glad we the people are getting the benefits...

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
STARRED & FLAGGED !

Another awesome post DD- way to watch the gates, for those asleep!!!

I think theRiverGoddess has it closest to my opinion- that LBJ took over,
after JFK's murder, and re-ignited the military industrial complex, and they
have congress wrapped around their little fingers, ever since! WAR
WAR WAR, the mongers keep crying, with no end in sight! This is the
biggest link to fascism, in my op.

Our gov thinks EVERYONE'S a threat, now. It doesn't matter who becomes
president next, the war scenarios are what dictate their agenda, upon
entering office. (Paranoia) Sure we get to vote, but the Electoral College is who
decides. We can change this, because of the internet, I think. (and hope).

I think Bush & Cheney & co are mentally ill. I don't say that out of any kind
of hatred, or spite, or malice; just on how they're out of touch with reality,
dillusional, paranoid, manic, bi-polar (big pharmacy LOVES that one),
and have no concept of the consequences of their actions upon
others. This is at the very least: DENIAL, a treatable form of sickness.

I also think they have acted criminal, in regards to the invasion of Iraq, &
subsequent renditions of people, including torture! They do what they want
when they want, like a spoiled child who never heard the word NO.

I do seriously hope that the Constitution stays (miraculously) in place;
it is what I live here in the U.S. for, and will be willing to die, to defend,
against ANY THREAT, foreign, or DOMESTIC!!!!!!!

[edit on 5/3/2008 by FRIGHTENER]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join