It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shareaza ( P2P program )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Forget KazAa ( and all his spywares ) and wellcome to Shareaza.

Shareaza Features :

Use the power of 4 P2P Networks simultaneously!
Four networks mean access to a wide variety of users. Look no further: Shareaza's got it!

Download from multiple sources
Experience downloads the way they were meant to be: fast! Shareaza swarms across four networks!

Sophisticated file-hashing
Say adios to corrupted files and mp3s that skip. Shareaza detects and fixes corruption before the download completes.

Find that file with Global Searching on Gnutella2!
Search the entire network, not just a part of it. Shareaza will find you that file!

Multiple results tabs
Each search is displayed in a new window. Your search results will never be overwritten. Shareaza runs the searches you want, when you want!

More features

Home page

P.S : I know some peoples have already done some post on the subject, but none of them did a dedicated topic.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   
What about the spyware and adware crap that usually comes along with the typical p2p program? All the privacy holes that add to headaches later on like more ad popups and stuff while surfin the net?

A decent p2p I've used lately has been Warez p2p. It's not all that fancy and doesn't have a bunch of options or anything but the downloads have been fast and the quality has been perfect so far as well. No corrupt transfers or anything like Kazaa or others.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Shareaza is good in that it doesn't have any of the spyware that lots of other p2p progs have.
It's bad in that ... well, it's damn near impossible to find & download stuff. I tested it against Kazaa Lite & WinMX, and found that those two found & downloaded things at least twice as often and twice as fast.
WinMX for tunes
Kazaa Lite for apps
Both for vids.
Shareaza ... nice for a backup prog, not the best choice for your primary p2p needs.

-B.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The best File Sharing client program I have seen is Overnet.
I don't know the link off by hand, but do a search on google or whatever for it.

I run it on Linux, which I compiled from source code, so you should be able to compile it on Windows and other platforms - they may even offer binary versions these days, I'm not too sure - they probably do - third-party ones though.

It contains no spy-ware at all... It is a text based one, but you can get a GUI for it (from Overnets website) - It is really really good. I really think people should give it a try.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
does anyone use imesh here?

top topics

join