It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking Facts Thread!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Do you know of any shocking facts that we overlook or don't even know about in our everyday lives?

Know of any conspiracies?

The average person is seen 300 times a day by CCTV cameras!

[edit on 30-4-2008 by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk]

[edit on 30-4-2008 by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Diet Drinks (Aspartame) and Fast Food (Monosodium Glutamate) are worse for you than cigarettes or even second hand smoke for that matter.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
More people study English in China than speak it in the United States of America.

Regards S_G

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I've been here forty two years and I still don't know a Dam thing about where we came from or why we're here.

I'll keep looking though, it might hit me in the face one day.

I know that Dr. Percy Spencer was testing a new vacuum tube called a Magnetron when he noticed the candy bar in his pocket melted. He then put some popcorn in front of it and it popped. Him and another colleague put an egg in front of the tube and it exploded. He ended up experimenting more and made the microwave oven that revolutionized cooking forever and became part of a multimillion dollar industry.The History of the Microwave Oven The fact is that so many inventions were accidently discovered from some other experiment. I wish one of those accidents would come my way.

[edit on 4/30/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Read my signature. Science is full of goodies like those. It can makes one wonder.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Facts or home truths?

Americans pay more for prescription meds than anyone else in the world.

Thats private healthcare for you!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I've been here forty two years and I still don't know a Dam thing about where we came from or why we're here.

I'll keep looking though, it might hit me in the face one day.
[edit on 4/30/2008 by Solarskye]

Hey Solar.......try THIS thread on for size

www.abovetopsecret.com...
it is SEEMING to answer ALL kinds of questions and tie it ALL together......
and THAT would be a SHOCKING FACT all in of itself....

[edit on 30-4-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I cant say I believe any of this but here you go anyway:

G.W. Bush has been the subject of two sex scandals? they were largely ignored by the media. The first was a former stripper named Tammy Phillips who claimed to have an 18-month affair with then-governor Bush which ended in 1999, just before his first presidential bid. The second, Margie Shoedinger, accused Bush of rape in 2002. She later apparently committed suicide. The most interesting component of these scandals was the speed with which they were discredited, swept away, and for the most part never became known to most Americans.

Source

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
The Platypus is the only mammal that lays eggs... and get this, its poisonous!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
if you are one in a million then there are 1300 people just like you in China.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
I cant say I believe any of this but here you go anyway:

G.W. Bush has been the subject of two sex scandals? they were largely ignored by the media. The first was a former stripper named Tammy Phillips who claimed to have an 18-month affair with then-governor Bush which ended in 1999, just before his first presidential bid. The second, Margie Shoedinger, accused Bush of rape in 2002. She later apparently committed suicide. The most interesting component of these scandals was the speed with which they were discredited, swept away, and for the most part never became known to most Americans.

Source

Have you read Cathy O'Brian's book "The Tranceformation of America"? She claims the same thing, she's still alive, and lecturing about her experiences in MK-Ultra all around America. Google her. Bush did.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Shocking facts? Atlantis was REAL, but Aliens and the NASA Moon Landing are FAKE. Download my book for specifics.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by toreishi
if you are one in a million then there are 1300 people just like you in China.

That is interesting!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
- The planet Saturn affects every living person on Earth, and is included in everyone's birth chart. It's purpose is duality, bringer of pain but the bringer of opportunity as well.

- The planets in our solar galaxy do affect everything, including Earth and its inhabitants. Despite how 'individual' you think you are, your behavior might be linked to the way the planets make you vibrate.

- The study of the macrocosm is given less credit than it deserves.

- Aspartame and MSG were mentioned, but yes, many don't know about them.

- Cholesterol comes from animal based diets ONLY.

- If you inhale the fumes from the compressed air cans for PC cleaning, you'll die, as it will expel oxygen from your lungs.

- The Empire State with its three stars refers to the 3 Corporations of Cities which control military (Washington D.C.), finance (The City of London), and religion (Vatican City). The reason New York state is called the Empire State is because that's where they HQ is, either the U.N. or perhaps the Empire State building.

- You have TWO parts of your mind, the conscious awake ego-driven mind, and your subconscious, the self-driven mind. Each has their own language, and each needs to be utilized and understood for one to be whole inside.

- Thoughts/feelings/words change the molecular structure of water, and in turn, change your water molecules as well.

- There are other dimensions which we can't perceive, and those dimensions are inhabited by other beings. Earth is a 'zoo' of some sort where inter-dimensional beings come to observe us.

- The words 'Tohu ve Bohu' are mistranslated to 'without form and void'. It actually means 'A desolated wasteland, destruction'. This is in regards to Genesis 1:2.

- The word Hollywood comes from the magic wands of the Druids, who made them from the wood of a Holly tree.

- Fluoride has no purpose in the human diet. It's defined as a toxin, yet still put in water for our 'protection from cavities'.

- No matter how hard you try, you can't see the world from someone else's point of view. We all have the 5 senses that interpret everything, and that interpretation can be incorrect if we just trust someone else's interpretation of events.

- The only way to understand where someone is coming from, is to resonate with what they're saying, instead of trying to disprove it.

- The Akashic records contain every word ever uttered, going back to Egyptian times.

- Certain people have the technology to make water out of nothing, yet we still hear how some people have no clean water to drink.

- What you hate in others is a manifestation of what you hate in yourself.

- There was a UFO crash in 1895!

- TV is the mind control weapon.

- Dis-information is rampant

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Some intense facts right there!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

In radio, payolla is illegal, but the money is washed through consultants, and so we have hip hop top 40 shoved down our bought and paid for throats. Dance music is quaranteed because it tends to make people happy and feel good. Why waste a frequency to Dance, when we can have another country, hip hop, or conservative (rush limbaugh, hanity, savage, etc...) talk on the air...god knows we need more of this crap right?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
The Platypus is the only mammal that lays eggs... and get this, its poisonous!

Does that mean we can't eat it? Or does it mean that it will sting us if we try to touch it?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Sorry. I had a brain fart.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
- Cholesterol comes from animal based diets ONLY.

Are you saying vegetarians dont get high Cholesterol?

My mum is very strict as to what she eats, i mean everything natural, and no animal derivatives in her food of any kind, and shes has high cholesterol

On topic, to give you an idea of how immense the universe is, think of it as a huge library, our solar system would fit with space, into just one full stop.

To add, great thread, i will star and flag, only thing is, i think the thread will raise more questions than answers.

[edit on 3-5-2008 by Denied]

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Denied

When your given a Cholesterol score its really a load of rubbish as its something that is 'specific' to your body's makeup. If two people have the same high score it doesn't mean that both are some how at higher risk than a person with a lower score!

If you eat healthy and avoid ALL animal products i.e. Vegan (difficult but its one I'd aim for as much as possible) and have a high cholesterol score then I wouldn't worry.

If you have a low score and are overweight for your height and build and eat a high fat diet high sugar diet then I'd be worried, simple.

Get it ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join