It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pineal gland,Third eye,Dreams, and Alternate realities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Got a pet theory I'm working on based on ideas put forth by people like David Wilcock. He has stated that he believes (among other things) that the pineal gland acts as our third eye, that can be used to gain access to higher realms through meditation. This is not a new idea. I on the other hand don't have the time to screw around with meditation (and frankly consider it to be bunk), but, do experiment with lucid dreaming, as well as using auditory stimuli why sleeping to influence my dreams' direction. This is where my theory of alternate reality comes in. Most of my lucid dreams take place at my childhood home, which in and of itself is not that strange, since i lived there for 19 years. There are mnior differences, but it is essentially the same (only dreamlike, as would be expected). These dreams often play out as if they are taking place over several days or at least hours. The difference is usually in the people involved. This leads me to believe that perhaps my consciousness is experiencing an alternate reality, since even though it's my childhood home, it takes place in a contemporary, but altered timeframe, kind of like that old show Sliders, (only in a dream).

Comments?

Here's some reference links for those who are unfamiliar with any of these terms:
www.projectcamelot.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by morthn1waytoskinacat

FLAGGED AND STARRED !!

Cuz I'm interested in this type of stuff. I want to lucid dream and go on a barrel rolling spree through the pyramids of egypt, which I'm gonna do anyways since I'm gonna time travel with OntheDeck to the past.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
As to the meaning of the universe, alternate realities, and the pineal gland check out this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

One thing that floored me was that the pineal gland could be doing a lot more for us than it is-it can release a chemical that can induce hallucinations that feel like alternate realties or alien encounters.

And for Pagani, a link to a thread on lucid dreaming~
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Draves]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Ever heard of Hemi-Sync? That'll help you get an OBE. :-)

Or you could use google BwaHa....couldn't find anything of interest.

Crystal links is the best site to learn about anything spiritual aswell.

www.crystalinks.com...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The old pine cone.

I watched that 2012 enigma video series by David Wilcock, and it really got me thinking about the pineal gland and how it could work. He says that inside of it lies the same thing that's in your eyes. Cones and rods, and it is attached to the optic nerve, and it turns on with the light goes out. It changes from a particle form to wave form, by electromagnetic energy. Like the machine they built in the movie Contact. The pineal gland lights up like the center of the machine.

He explains about "Time Space" our daytime reality: Time flows like a river. "Space Time" time is space, or it doesn't exist, or our reality at night. I think he was trying to say that the gland sees in Space time. Or that dreams don't take place in the mind, but in space time reality. As our reality is seen from outside the mind with the eyes in light, a different reality(Space time.) is seen through the pineal gland in the dark.

Boo yaw, that is some heavy duty stuff right there.

As far as meditation goes. You turn out the lights so to speak, but you are still there, and after about twenty minutes you can find dream state. You are actually awake, but you start to see dreams. Unfortunately, it takes practice, and the minute you notice that you are there, you pop right out. The trick is you have to become still. Still in the mind. No thoughts. It's very hard at first to do this. I had to learn to just shush myself, now it's very easy to do.

If you have ever experienced this, it is a blast! I do it on weekends. I'm not sure if we wouldn't all be doing this in a big way if our glands haven't been dumbed down with stuff. I imagine that there are things one could take that would enhance this process, but "they" aren't talking.

Because I have actually been able to make dream state during meditation, I have to think there is something to this.

Anybody else see it this way?

Here is a link to the 1 of 10 videos if you are interested.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by seawolf197]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Yeah, thats the stuff that got me by the brain banana. I have for a long time hypothesized that dreams were actual windows to another universe/dimension/alternate reality/etc., or more correctly, you seeing through the eyes of another "you" in one or all of these places. When I seen these vids by Wilcock describing the structure and function of the pineal, it was like a light went on (or off in this case).
After that, my lucid dreaming became more "real" for lack of a better term and less dreamlike, as well as more detailed and elaborate.The situations lost all "impossible" events, and even became mundane, and routine to the point, where when I would wake up, the memory was as clear as if I had just walked through a door from doing whatever I was doing in my dream, to being in the room I was currently in. Not sure if I'm making any sense, but it's as if I wasn't really sleeping at all but taking over tasks for my "otherselves" in these places and carrying on with the business at hand, to the point where in some cases when I actually woke up, I was pissed off because I hadn't finished what I was doing, and felt that it was important. I have since come to the opinion that I was there long enough to make a certain event occur the way it was supposed to, and came out when the "mission" was over. Kind of a Quantum Leap scenario, only I'm jumping into myself instead of strangers, and it's not thru different times, but different parallel realities.
Does this make any sense, to anyone, or am I being too confusing?
It's .y stuff, and I have a hard time wrapping my mind around it so I'm not sure I'm articulating the experience satisfactorily.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Also, the lack of impossible things has been replaced by incredible things. I can't fly like superman, but sometimes there are fantastic technologies in these "dreams", sometimes a complete lack of anything that works (as if some disaster has made the world move on, to use a phrase from Stephen Kings Dark Tower novels), sometimes it's normal, with subtle differences. It really goes on and on in diversity, but always plays out in surroundings I am familiar with, like the farm/and or hometown I grew up in, or where I live now (Vancouver B.C. Canada). All my dreams are not like this, only the lucid ones, and they seem to come on involuntarily, and in waves that start out simple, intensify, then just stop.
Is that freaking weird or what. I dig it though, don't find it frightening, but it can a little confusing during these occurences when I wake up, because it takes several minutes of lying there in semi sleep paralysis for me to regain my bearings so to speak.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by morthn1waytoskinacat
After that, my lucid dreaming became more "real" for lack of a better term and less dreamlike, as well as more detailed and elaborate.The situations lost all "impossible" events, and even became mundane, and routine to the point, where when I would wake up, the memory was as clear as if I had just walked through a door from doing whatever I was doing in my dream, to being in the room I was currently in. Not sure if I'm making any sense, but it's as if I wasn't really sleeping at all but taking over tasks for my "otherselves" in these places and carrying on with the business at hand, to the point where in some cases when I actually woke up, I was pissed off because I hadn't finished what I was doing, and felt that it was important.

What you are describing sounds a lot like a series of books I read when I was younger.
Have you ever heard of Everworld?
Some teenagers get pulled into an alternate world where all the myths moved to when the "old world" started advancing technologically. When they sleep in Everworld they go back to their Normal World selves, but as it turns out their injuries are the same in both worlds. Do you ever get hurt in your dreams? a bad papercut maybe, or a bruise?

Try kicking a table with your leg in one of the dreams and see if you have a bruise in the morning,(then make sure you weren't sleepwalking) and then you'll have something VERY interesting.

If it works, i would suggest getting a video camera set up so it can see your other leg, then doing it again in the dream, it would be very interesting to see what happened, if a bruise could magically appear in front of our eyes then nobody could doubt you legitimately.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No outward manifestations as of yet, besides feeling like I never went to sleep at all. I don't really feel anything physical aside from heat or cold or what have you. Emotional yes. It's more like being in the body and seeing through it's eyes. Like being in a first person shooter game, or an interactive movie from the point of view of an actor, except no script, so you have to make it up as go along. I have in fact seen myself in a mirror, and pictures as well, in several of these dreams, and even though it was me, there were sometimes subtle differences (I had lost my hair in one, in another I had these huge mutton chops, and my nose was a bit different, but it was still recognizable as myself. I actually grew the chops over the next couple of months because they looked so cool in the dream, but because my nose was slightly different, they weren't as cool in this reality, so I shaved them off
). I wish I could go into detailed descriptions, but, I'd be sitting here for weeks typing. Thing is, regular dreams fade from memory, but these types of dreams I remember as if they are actual events that I remember as clearly as any other "real" memory I have.

[edit on 2-5-2008 by morthn1waytoskinacat]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i was typing something about my dream when i think i worked out what its trying to tell me..i have the same dream every night about a secret room in my house ..so if the house = me and the secret room = something im hiding ...thanks for the thread...lol..this dream has been with me for years...lol

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by fatdad

You are welcome. I don't think people put enough stock in this kind of stuff.
One of the themes in my dreams is the existence of secret rooms in the house I lived on, on the farm, and even a parrallel house I can see but never bother going into. I don't feel any particular dread about them, it seems to be just normal stuff of that reality. Sometimes the "house" is even in a pasture at my grandparents farm. At first it strikes me as weird, but then I usually become to busy with the task at hand in the dream to even ponder it, it just is, and is normal. Never the same twice though. It is always different, similiar, but different.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Just curious if anyone is familiar with the connection between melatonin and the pineal gland.

I've taken melatonin supplements occasionally for years to help me sleep when I need to. I noticed long ago that it gave me very interesting and vivid dreams. Somewhere among my endless bookshelves is a book about melatonin (possibly "The Melatonin Miracle") that mentions melatonin affecting the pineal gland.

Anyone have anything furthur?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by therainmaker

Heard of it but am not really that familiar, (I'll score an oz if you gat though
).
I'll see what I can find on google about it....

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by seawolf197

Thank you so much for posting the David Wilcock videos
I have been doing chakra meditation now for several months but I had no idea David Wilcock had so much to say about it. Those links made so much sense to me and given alot of what I am going through meaning. The other night I was in a lucid dream and all I could smell was pine cones, I thought it very strange at the time but now Im thinking maybe we can actually smell the pineal gland sometimes??

Ive only managed to open my 3rd eye once but Ive travelled to the astral plane twice but how I got there I have no idea. I truely believe through meditation we will open our selves up to the real truth of our reality.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Hey Mr. Green.

I don't know what I see in dream state really. It's all so random. I don't know if it is my third eye or not. It is definitely something. I start to see images, and places that have no meaning to me, and the minute I realize I'm seeing them, I pop back into my mind state. There is something there that you can only see when you aren't looking. This is the part I am working on. It's almost like you can be there, but you can't think about it.

If you really want to open the third eye, you have to be still. No thinking. Thinking ruins everything. Even when you get there realizing you are there ruins it.

I'm missing a piece of the puz

Can anybody help me with what to do when I get there?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Yes its all too confusing. When I first started meditation I practised a technique called Heart Chakra Radiance and unfortunatly I took to it too well! My brow chakra would open (although I did not see an eye just a black void) and stay open for hours. I was sent lots of information in the form of images and electronic information that made NO sense to me in the slightest it was just too quick, almost like a download . I could not close my brow chakra or stop this information , it would keep me awake at night and was quite scary at first. It gave me very bad .aches.

Ive now started doing full chakra meditating and its alot more under control but funny you should say we need to remain still and quite. The other day someone told me to think of an old memory in meditation and try and play it back like an old video through my brow chakra, hardly sitting quite that is it lol I tryed this but my 3rd eye did not open.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Whoa, I just finished one of my weekend meditations.

I got further than any time before. I went 25 minutes longer than normal. I was able to stay, and bring the dreams in better. I decided to see if I could see my own hands, and twice I could see my hands in the dream state, and feel them at my side at the same time. That was weird.

About ten minute in, I saw what looked like spinning red energy, and it turned blue. I wonder if it was the pine cone?

This stuff must be like anything else. The more you do it, the better you get.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by seawolf197

Whoa, I just finished one of my weekend meditations.

I got further than any time before. I went 25 minutes longer than normal. I was able to stay, and bring the dreams in better. I decided to see if I could see my own hands, and twice I could see my hands in the dream state, and feel them at my side at the same time. That was weird.

About ten minute in, I saw what looked like spinning red energy, and it turned blue. I wonder if it was the pine cone?

This stuff must be like anything else. The more you do it, the better you get.

Red spinning energy is you visualizing your root chakra which is red. The blue is your throat chakra. Indigo would indicate your brow chakra. I first saw green and violet when i initially meditated, this was my heart chakra and my crown I think? Sounds good what you are seeing though

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Hey Mr. Green

Here is where this all started with me. I watched some youtube on transcendental meditations that the flying yogi's were using. It's my own version, because I don't us a mantra, and I have no formal training.

wikipedia TM

A word of caution to anyone that goes this alone as I did. The first time I did this, I did it twice in one day. That night when I entered my REM sleep, my brain was somehow a little different. It was as though someone had moved the furniture around up there, and I started running into it in the dark. It startled me awake, and I kid you not, I woke up in two places side by side of myself. I call it a worbble. I don't have a name for it, but I had to kind of think myself back together. I think there is some secrets passed on in formal training from a Yogi that I got on the job. One thing I would advise, if your in it, and are ready to come out. Count backwards from three. Then wake up and go WOW! Oh, and don't use any kind of alarm to tell you when time is up. I did that, and it startled me so much, I opened my eyes, and I had to kind of slap my . to see again.

I've also done the "Gateway Treatment" allot. It was developed by Dr. Michael Wolf. It has a little secret that I will share with you. According to Dr. Wolf, the brain has control over every function in your body, but what they don't tell you, it has control over itself. It knows how to open up all of that area that you don't use. Wow, I started doing it, and my brain would feel a little swollen, but really good. Then I would notice it was doing it to itself. A life of it's own so to speak. Kind of like electrical goose bumps.

Again, a strong word of caution to anybody that goes down that road. Make sure you know what you are doing. Do the research. Don't mess with your mind blindly. You may freak out a little bit.

I'm really interested in the pineal gland. It's also called the spirit molecule because it puts '___' out to.

I'm beginning to think that by doing this I am actually tricking my pineal gland into action. Going into the quiet dark like sleep, but awake. The Yogi's say it is the next level of consciousness.

It does seem the more I do it, the easier it gets. I'm just a guy having fun with it, and I don't advise anyone to do any of this stuff.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
What you say strikes a cord with me! No time to reply but will tomorrow. Yes its a crazy ride and should not be taken without training
I did and got totally freaked out, Im OK now but what you say should be taken note off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join