It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the uk looking like ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
with all the speculation regarding the crash of the american economy, food crisis, nwo, fuel, iran, and other depressing things, being a citizen of the UK can anyone explain how the UK is likely to fare should any of these situations actually happen.
i mean " a bombing campaign in iran " or " off the clock petrol prices " should any of these happen in the near future how is it going to effect me and my family ?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Hi,

First of all welcome to ATS.

To summarise what may happen, I will address each issue.

The crash of the US economy will indeed affect the UK in a negative way, as it will the rest of the world. The main reason for this is the interdependance of the world economy and the internationalisation of major corporate interests.

An example of this was the recent Sub-Prime mortgage blow out. This had a knock on effect on the UK's economy as a lot of institutional investors in the UK had put money into the US sub-prime market. A result of which was a run/panic on Northern Rock as they could not borrow any more money from other financial institutions as the Sub-prime crash in the states made inter-bank lending harder to come by.

This is why the Bank of England had to bail out Northern Rock as the Bank of England acts as a lender of last resort. With the subsequent nationalisation of non-profitable elements of Northern Rock, the UK tax payer will pick up the bill and this will result in higher taxation. This is just the tip of the iceberg. As the US economy crashes, the UK's economy will also suffer and the government will start nationalising more financial institutions as a result, the direct and indirect/stealth tax rates will go up.

This will mean that you will have less money in your pocket to buy more expensive goods as you will be getting less for your pound. This inturn will affect the currency exchanges in relation to the Euro and bring the pound into parity with the Euro, making the change to the Euro easier.

The coming food crisis or looming food crisis is being caused by a lot of things. The main one is that in the last year the world consumed more food than it produced. There are a lot of contributing factors. The first is the weather, some areas of the world are experiencing drought situations like in Australia, others are having floods or cold spells.

The knock on effect of this is that normal planting and harvesting have been put out of sequence. There is also the problem of crop disease, the disappearance of pollenating insects. Another serious proble is the change over to genetically modified crops, which have been proven produce less food per acre than organic/traditional seeds. Another factor contributing to the looming food crisis is the insistance of several governments insisting that a percentage of food crops be turned into bio fuel.

The outcome of this will be higher food prices in the short to mid term and shortages in the long term, the rising oil prices will contribute to this problem also and transportation costs rise, this increase will be passed on to the consumer. So your weekly shopping will cost more as time goes on.

The subject matter of the NWO, How does this affect the UK, plain and simple answer to this is that after the signing of the Treaty of Lisbon this year by Gordon Brown, the UK as a sovereign entity does not exist. The UK has been sold out by this current government to the Europe as a part of the consolidation into a World Government (NWO). How will this affect you and your family? The simple answer is more legislation forced through parliament from Europe, less governmental accountability. The end of democracy, as a lot of the law makers (EU Commision) in Brussells are not elected, but appointed, not by the public but by the EU itself. The EU is not a fully democratic institution. The NWO is the consolodation of power into the hands of the few. Expect a curtail of the freedoms that you take for granted now.

Rising fuel costs are going to affect everyone in the UK who owns a vehicle, or uses any public transportation as the fuel costs rise, the end user picks up the bill. The oil industry is a rigged game as it is run by a cartel of oil companies, which are owned by a very small group of people.

The UK government will not do anything to lower fuel costs for the indivual as they rely on the taxes on the petrol to prop up their budget, and more so now that the UK has transformed itself to a mainly service economy, as the manufacturing portion of the economy has been eroded or offshored to asia. This will mean that transportation costs will increase and the price of food and goods will go up.

Finally the Iran build up, this will affect you and your family directly in the form of petrol prices increases. If there is a war with Iran, there may be a necessity for mandatory military service. Hopefully this will not happen as a war with Iran will put the UK more in debt to the International Banking Cartel.

I hope this gives you some areas to research and look into.

Regards

Djaybeetoo

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Djaybeetoo

that was a very well written response, well done , an i totally agree with everything you have said,

star for you sir !!

snoopyuk

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thankyou Snoopyuk for your positive response to my response.

By any chance are you a fan of the peanuts cartoon? U2U if you like.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Sorry

Double Post

[edit on 1-5-2008 by djaybeetoo]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
wow !
thank you so much for that ! very well written and now i know.
thanks alot

top topics

join