It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan behind recent assasination attempt on Afghan Prez. Hamid Karzai

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Pakistan behind recent assasination attempt on Afghan Prez. Hamid Karzai

www.allheadlinenews.com

Amrullah Saleh, Afghan Intelligence Chief told the Associated Press, "We have no evidence whether..the operation has had any mercy or go-ahead from the government of Pakistan and it's special agencies. There is very very strong evidence suggesting that Pakistan's soil once again has been used to inflict pain on our nation."

He also said that the militants who were behind the attcks were contacting people in Pakistan's Bajaur and North Wajiristan by phone. Pakistani army spokesman Maj Gen. Athar Abbas dismissed the allegations as baseless.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.pr-inside.com

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This just goes to show that Pakistan is a threat to Afghan stability. Why the hell aren't our troops cleaning up Pakistan's northern tribal regions? Why aren't Pakistan's troops cleaning up Pakistan's tribal regions? Pakistan has become a safe haven for Taliban fighters and leadership, and it would appear as if the mission in Afghanistan is in serious jeopardy. The provincial reconstruction teams that are under NATO's ISAF in Afghanistan face a constant threat of attack from Taliban and Al-Qaeda members, many based in Pakistan, for trying to help the Afghans with building schools, wells, roads, hospitals, etc.

Its hard to win a war in one country that should be fought in two. I for one am in favor of expanding the Afghan front to include Pakistan too. The world will be different in 20 years, how we react to the threats we face today will shape tomorrows world. Terrorism is a growing threat, and an increasingly effective method for fringe groups to gain notoriety and infamy, and a kill-count.

www.allheadlinenews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ppskylight
This just goes to show that Pakistan is a threat to Afghan stability. Why the hell aren't our troops cleaning up Pakistan's northern tribal regions?

Because we might accidentally kill Osama.

Why aren't Pakistan's troops cleaning up Pakistan's tribal regions?

Because we pay them billions of dollars every year not to, in case they accidentally kill Osama.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mythatsabigprobe

On any other day I would laugh with you and share in your fun, but this is one too many posts like this today, but judging from some responses i've read today it occurred to me that some people might actually believe what you just said. This is breaking news, I'm not trying to get into the merits of the war on terror. Its happening, deal with it. The U.S wants Osama Bin Laden captured dead or alive, emphasis on captured. You missed my point on the Pakistan story. The Afghan mission's success is dependent on rooting out insurgents, who have made their home base Pakistan. Anyways, good luck with the Bush Bashing, it kind of makes me wish you guys were right about him just so I can laugh when all the anti-bush posters suddenly stop posting their sensationalist nonsense.

top topics

join