It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US report says al-Qaida gaining strength - Links to Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

US report says al-Qaida gaining strength - Links to Iran

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - Al-Qaida has rebuilt some of its pre-Sept. 11 capabilities from remote hiding places in Pakistan, leading to a jump in attacks last year in that country and neighboring Afghanistan, the Bush administration said Wednesday.

The report once again identifies Iran as the world's "most active" state sponsor of terrorism for supporting Palestinian extremists and insurgents in Afghanistan and Iraq, where it says elements of the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps continued to provide militants with weapons, training and funding.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Well, once again we have a story reporting that Al Qaeda is back in effect. This article really links Al Qaeda to Iran though, and I can't help but question the timing.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And the United States has trained, armed, as well as funded Islamic extremists in both Afghanistan and Iraq.

Should we "pre-emptively" strike ourselves?

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Double Eights]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Now THIS is the way propaganda should reach the people..., with a clear understanding of it's source an potential bias.

"In this way, Iranian government forces have been responsible for attacks on coalition forces," State Department counter terrorism coordinator Dell Dailey told reporters. Iranian forces are also giving weapons and financial aid to the Taliban in Afghanistan, he said.

So Dell Dailey, State Department godling at large, has put forth the 'facts' as they read in the federal government's 'book of truths.'

At least AP didn't pepper it with the whimsical statements of pundits and talking heads. Each laying down it's own layer of scripted viewpoints regarding how we'll all wake up one day under Iranian rule.

Nice find - good post!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I fail to see where US states that Al-Qaeda is in Iran. What i saw is that they say Al-qaeda is operating more in Iraq and Afghanistan and established itself even further in Pakistan. And that Iran supports certain Iraqi groups.
Since Al-qaeda is considered Sunni organization and Iran is Shiite to claim that Iran works with Al-qaeda is wrong. They do not like each other almost as they do not like US. Not to mention Shiite-Sunni blowing up each other in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
I fail to see where US states that Al-Qaeda is in Iran. What i saw is that they say Al-qaeda is operating more in Iraq and Afghanistan and established itself even further in Pakistan. And that Iran supports certain Iraqi groups.
Since Al-qaeda is considered Sunni organization and Iran is Shiite to claim that Iran works with Al-qaeda is wrong. They do not like each other almost as they do not like US. Not to mention Shiite-Sunni blowing up each other in Iraq.

How DARE you bring logic into this! The STATE DEPARTMENT HAS SPOKEN!

Most Americans, (and apparently several members of AP staff) consider the whole Shiite-Sunni distinction of little importance since all terrorists look alike. Haven't you noticed? [/sarcasm off]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
saudi arabia is funding all muslim terrorists and the only reason we dont bomb them is because they are spending money partying with the bush family while American soldiers are getting killed

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Did we really expect them to maintain anything different?
They have been strategically inching us to war with Iran for at least a year now. What's so laughable is that NO ONE stands up to dispute them. We are so screwed. We are just spectators forced along for the Decider's joy-ride to hell.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I thought that al-Qaida number 2 was trying to blame Iran for the 9/11 tradegy. Does not sound like they are allied to me. Sounds like, more media beating the war drums to sell papers and media content.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

It was the same way Cheney and Co. linked Iraq and Al Qaeda. Just say the names in the same sentence and the media and idiots will do the rest.

I posted this because it echoed of the run up to the Iraqi invasion.

new topics

top topics

join