It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The man who grew a finger! With PIXIE DUST?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by lightoflife

that was a mouthful. So please explain to everyone how this hick farmer from the 70s discovered this powder?

[edit on 1-5-2008 by Master_Wii]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Powdered pig-guts does not a pixie make!

I have cut off the end of my thumb TWICE; and both times it was a great deal deeper than this fellow ... I cut it all the way to the bone. BOTH times it grew back, both my thumbnail and thumb flesh. No pig-guts, no mysterious agents ... just our remarkable human body!

It doesn't matter if that guy basted his thumb in powdered sugar! It STILL would have grown back!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Wow, any scars?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Wow, any scars?

Not anymore, I checked! I USED to have a scar. My body ditches scars quite quickly. I heal rapidly and even the worst of scars disappears over time.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I receive e-mails linking articles that may be of some import to the Raelian Movement; occasionally Rael tags along a comment about the article. I read some of this thread earlier today, and just now received an e-mail containing this article saying how it's 'one of the most important' of the year.

So..w00t for growing fingers.

We all know Arthur C. Clarke's quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from [pixie dust]"

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
ok ive not read the entire thread.. but, the finger tip is just about the only part of the human body wich will grow back if cut off.. so this is normal i believe. nothing to do with any pixie dust

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga
Where do you think medical grade Insulin comes from?

Are the people on this thread really this ignorant?

Wow, talk about an over-inflated sense of ego and misplaced sense of IQ. You assume to much from distaste at sticking a raw wound in pig's urine (once removed) to being ignorant.

Since 2006 all insulin distributed in the US is synthetic, and the first commercial synthetic insulin goes back to 1982. So before you call people ignorant, maybe read something.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   

May I ask do you know your blood type? negative / positive? I wonder if that matters at all in relation to speed of healing and the blood clotting factors... of which I know nothing.

I havnt even read the story or seen the finger but obviously its true whether natural or pig / pixie guts

Funny too how the episode of Heroes on tv last night was where Claire cuts her toe off and it grows back, after a genetics discussion about how [some?] reptiles can grow their tails back. Nice timing / programming......

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Why hog bladders and intestines?

1.) They have an inner surface that rapidly renews its self. It is in a state of rapid cellular division and growth.

2.) Humans have relatively minor immune responses to pig tissue.

3.) It is an inexpensive raw material that is available in large quantities.

You might want to read the articles in the October 2007, (U. S.) "Esquire" magazine and the April 2008 "Scientific American" magazine.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
Powdered pig-guts does not a pixie make!

I have cut off the end of my thumb TWICE; and both times it was a great deal deeper than this fellow ... I cut it all the way to the bone. BOTH times it grew back, both my thumbnail and thumb flesh. No pig-guts, no mysterious agents ... just our remarkable human body!

It doesn't matter if that guy basted his thumb in powdered sugar! It STILL would have grown back!

What do you mean you cut of your thumb, to the bone, deeper than this guy? This guy's fingertip was completely severed and missing. So did you cut your finger to the bone, or did you completely sever the tip?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I'm not answering the bloodtype question as I refuse to derail this thread and the answer is off topic.

Yes, I cut the whole end off and the side too. Looked like a hunk of small hotdog with a nail. I gagged and almost chucked up as I was pre-teen (11 and 12 or so) both times and that's when I realized we are nothing but a hunk of meat! I did not lose any bone.

Our fingertips DO grow back as long as the bone wasn't severed too! I presume the ends of toes would too. It's just nature and how we are, nothing mysterious.

(Both my spouse and brother have lost the same thumb BELOW the thumb-knuckle and those obviously did not grow back.)

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Our fingertips DO grow back as long as the bone wasn't severed too! I presume the ends of toes would too. It's just nature and how we are, nothing mysterious.

That's my point, this guy's finger and bone WERE actually severed, as far as I understand it, so it's a different story. And someone pointed out that kids do have the ability to grow back fingertips, and adults don't. I don't know if that's correct though.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'm sure some one has pointed this out (haven't read the entire thread) but the awesome point to this is that this cellular matrix pixie dust crap made adult somatic cells DIFFERENTIATE and create a finger tip replete with fingernail.

That's like uber awesome. That's turning adult somatic cells into something closely akin to undifferentiated embryonic stem cells. If there isn't something withheld from this story that blows the whole thing out as false propaganda, this is a big and very promising breakthrough.

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Valhall]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga

Originally posted by Shere Khaan
Does anyone feel vaguely uncomfortable that they scraped the inside of a pig's bladder out to make this dust? Dipping a wound into something from a pig's bladder seems a litle icky to me (although I wouldn't complain after I regrew my finger).

Where do you think medical grade Insulin comes from?

I think more importantly than the insulin issue is the fact that pig tissue has been used for decades and decades for skin grafts on burn victims and for heart valve replacement. The reason being their DNA is close enough to ours that the risk of rejection is greatly decreased.

And produced insulin comes from genetically modified e. coli bacteria for the record.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The finger guy also makes a point that I found very interesting. He mentioned that the finger nail on the recently lost digit grows faster than all of the others because it's 'younger' than the rest of his body. So, I wonder how this will effect burn victims who undergo this treatment.

Will their healed skin be 'younger' and more vibrant than the skin that was previously damaged?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
this whole thing is BS. it wasn't even cut off to the first knuckle. I have some pixie fluid that blows away that pixie dust. I can't say any more about it.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

But it grew back.........

It normally doesn't grow back.

This is medical advancement, and a huge one at that. No one is saying that someone who loses an arm can grow a new one, but maybe people who are severely burned or need massive skin grafts or similar issues now don't need to be permanently disfigured.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
I'm not answering the bloodtype question as I refuse to derail this thread and the answer is off topic.

Yes, I cut the whole end off and the side too. Looked like a hunk of small hotdog with a nail. I gagged and almost chucked up as I was pre-teen (11 and 12 or so) both times and that's when I realized we are nothing but a hunk of meat! I did not lose any bone.

(Both my spouse and brother have lost the same thumb BELOW the thumb-knuckle and those obviously did not grow back.)

What the hell were you all doing for that to happen to you all? And not only once but twice?

You work with machines, or some kind of butcher?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

What the hell were you all doing for that to happen to you all? And not only once but twice?

You work with machines, or some kind of butcher?

[edit on 2-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Mom had a swanky new lifetime quarantee, never-dull butcher knife. First time I was cutting a bologna sandwich for one of my brothers. Second time, nearly a year later, I was cutting carrots for a roast dinner.
By the way, BBC has an update to their article.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Not only does all this sounds suspicious, the thing that makes me think that this is not true is the way the guy looks back at the end of the video.

I don't know what other people think, but to me it looks like a "I fooled one more guy that thinks is very smart" look.

[edit on 2/5/2008 by ArMaP]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join