It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Satan Read Your Thoughts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I poise this question to all the believers on here, could satan read your thoughts, or is it only when you are possessed that he can penetrate your soul and your mind?

It is interesting to note that the conversation between Jesus and satan tells us this answer indirectly, its also expressed in Job, would love to hear some posters thoughts on this issue as I already have my theory of it, which involves a bit of metaphysics.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by esseen]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by esseen
I poise this question to all the believers on here, could satan read your thoughts, or is it only when you are possessed that he can penetrate your soul and your mind?

He does not have to possess you to read your thoughts. He can communicate without speaking and knows right away to whom you belong. Speaking from experience.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's my understanding Satan cannot read your mind but he can hear every word you speak of malintent.Only God can read your thoughts, good and bad.

I'll try to find the verse.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's my understanding Satan cannot read your mind but he can hear every word you speak of malintent.Only God can read your thoughts, good and bad.

I'll try to find the verse.

Begging your pardon, but I did not speak for him to come, rather he came after asking a question in my thoughts. When he did come, he answered my question and gave orders. When I had changed, he saw it right away and reacted (though was surprised to see I had in fact changed). None of this was verbal except on my part when I said my "goodbye".

A Theistic Satanist can pray to their lord satan who hears and answers as well.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I think Satan is the negative side in us. God is the positive side. We choose which one to hear us and talk to every day.
The one we listen to is who we are.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightelf
I think Satan is the negative side in us. God is the positive side. We choose which one to hear us and talk to every day.
The one we listen to is who we are.

Peace

how do we know this is not exactly what God wants? I mean considering that he is the author of everything and even in bible it says that he raises those to power whom he chooses and what not. Is it conceivable that what ever happens to a person, including whom they listen to is really God's choice?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by esseen

When you got a MASSIVE afro like that -->
not even God can read your mind. And that's what I got. I got a humongous afro and I'm proud of it.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mgbug

I don’t see it that way. If god is manipulating us, what’s the point of anything? Why create at all. He may help us or guide us in his own way but the choice is ours.
Like any good parent you teach your kids as much as you can and then you set them out on their own to make a life for their selves. As the parent you hope they make good choices so they have a good life but you can’t make them live it the way you want. We have free will.

Peace

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've read another part of Satan which is apart of me, concerning what can be in the class range of thought.

I can read agreements of God Almighty on the way side. God's plan is revealing by the way side, which can be in the class of premeditation concerning previous thought exposing.

The agreements the highest arranges for God Almighty.

Plus, when God Almight wants to reveal their current thought they can. The thoughts they hide are of great concern to me which I pick up by the way side.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightelf
reply to post by mgbug

I don’t see it that way. If god is manipulating us, what’s the point of anything? Why create at all. He may help us or guide us in his own way but the choice is ours.
Like any good parent you teach your kids as much as you can and then you set them out on their own to make a life for their selves. As the parent you hope they make good choices so they have a good life but you can’t make them live it the way you want. We have free will.

Peace

I agree with your reasoning but then how can God promise a peaceful tranquil cooperative civilization if he does not know the end? The answer is their is no such thing as free will - only th illusion of such. just opinion.

thank you

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
I've read another part of Satan which is apart of me, concerning what can be in the class range of thought.

I can read agreements of God Almighty on the way side. God's plan is revealing by the way side, which can be in the class of premeditation concerning previous thought exposing.

The agreements the highest arranges for God Almighty.

Plus, when God Almight wants to reveal their current thought they can. The thoughts they hide are of great concern to me which I pick up by the way side.

clearly there are many gods..i'm trying to fint he true one no the cheap whorish one.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mgbug
clearly there are many gods..i'm trying to fint he true one no the [omitted] one.

Easy, friend. If you'd like to U2U me I can help answer the question.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by mgbug
clearly there are many gods..i'm trying to fint he true one no the [omitted] one.

Easy, friend. If you'd like to U2U me I can help answer the question.

[edit on 1-5-2008 by saint4God]

I appreciate the offer and my remark was more of jab born of frustration on my part than through the workings of anyone else. The cycle of ineffectiveness in endeavor is disheartening for me.

new topics

top topics

join