It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revelations and the transit of Venus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
G'day. I am new to posting here, but have been reading here for some time. I am looking into the possibility that Revelations 12 with the woman dressed in the sun with a crown of 12 stars and the moon under here feet is actually the transit of venus - but which one, 2004 or 2012? What is the 12 star constellation that will be above her head? And will it be above or behind the sun at the time of the transit?

There will still be the earthquake that kills 7,000 men before this event and wormwood after. I am still looking into wormwood and a possible connection with a coming comet.possibility

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hamilton or Mikromarius has a post on this topic, not sure of what he called it, but do a search on his name, you might find it.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
here is omething along the lines
REVELATION 9:1 And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key of the shaft of the Abyss; 2 he opened the shaft of the Abyss and from the shaft rose smoke like the smoke of a great furnace, and the sun and the air were darkened with the smoke from the shaft. 3 Then from the smoke came locusts on the earth, and they were given power like the power of scorpions of the earth; 4 they were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any green growth or any tree, but only those of mankind who have not the seal of God upon their foreheads; 5 they were allowed to torture them for five months, but not to kill them, and their torture was like the torture of a scorpion, when it stings a man. 6 And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death will fly from them. 7 In appearance the locusts were like horses arrayed for battle; on their heads were what looked like crowns of gold; their faces were like human faces, 8 their hair like women's hair, and their teeth like lions' teeth; 9 they had scales like iron breastplates, and the noise of their wings was like the noise of many chariots with horses rushing into battle. 10 They have tails like scorpions, and stings, and their power of hurting men for five months lies in their tails. 11 They have as king over them the angel of the Abyss; his name in Hebrew is Abaddon, and in Greek he is called Apollyon.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
You *are* aware that Venus transits the sun frequently, right?

It's a planet, it has a regular orbit which goes around the sun in a shorter time period than the Earth does. There've been others in the past (and a second transit follows 8 years after the initial event.) We'll see another one in 2012.

mercuri.am.ub.es...

Transits of Venus have been observed only in 1639, 1761, 1769, 1874, and 1882, and in the 18th century were the main way that the size and scale of the solar system were obtained. They also occured at other times in history... they just weren't observed.
www.williams.edu...

It's a planet, for Pete's sakes. It's in an orbit. It'll do this sort of thing until the sun swallows it in the red giant phase some 4 or 5 billion years from now.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I remember reading somewhere that the year 2012 would be a very important year according to revalation. I believe the book was dealing with the bible code... Regardless, the only way to be protected is to have faith and believe that Jesus Christ is the Mesiah and our savior. Do that know, and we won't have to live throught the trib. at all...

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
You *are* aware that Venus transits the sun frequently, right?

It's a planet, it has a regular orbit which goes around the sun in a shorter time period than the Earth does. There've been others in the past (and a second transit follows 8 years after the initial event.) We'll see another one in 2012.

mercuri.am.ub.es...

Transits of Venus have been observed only in 1639, 1761, 1769, 1874, and 1882, and in the 18th century were the main way that the size and scale of the solar system were obtained. They also occured at other times in history... they just weren't observed.
www.williams.edu...

It's a planet, for Pete's sakes. It's in an orbit. It'll do this sort of thing until the sun swallows it in the red giant phase some 4 or 5 billion years from now.

of course it transits the sun a lot, but note: NO LIVING HUMAN has seen the transit of venus. as you said, the last one observed was 1882. hence i think the point that is made is that from a prophetic standpoint it would have to be an OBSERVABLE transit, not one which cannot be seen from earth. the bible was written in a time when the notion of travelling through space and the way the solar system works were never, ever put into consideration.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Correct, scepticalwatcher. I am mainly looking for the 12 star constellation - what is it and will it be there during one of the two transits.

Thanks much all.

ME

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Hmmm . . .

Doesn't Chernobyl actually mean Wormwood? And it could be compared to a star being it was nuclear. And the fallout did rain down on the rivers . . .

I dunno . . .

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
twelve stars - twelve bombs. the explosion could be likened to a star fallen to earth. a third of the wateres poisoned. a third of the population dies. you can keep going if you want.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by godservant

I believe that it is the 2012 venus in transit. If you notice the 2004 venus in transit occured 6 months prior to the great 9.2 quake that caused the tsunami that killed hundreds of thousands. If you look at the 2012 venus in transit, it occurs about 6 months prior to the Mayan end date 12/21/2012. This quake should happen off the west coast of the U.S. possibly causing super volcano Yellowstone to erupt. I am surprised others haven't found venus in transit/woman dressed in the sun connection

[email protected]

top topics

join