It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent: Military "Terror Prevention" Exercises May Be Scheduled to Coincide With May 1 Demos!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Urgent: Military "Terror Prevention" Exercises May Be Scheduled to Coincide With May 1 Demos!

www.opednews.com

On Thursday, May 1, the exercise begins in Washington, when an explosion collapses the Alaska Way viaduct in downtown Seattle and damages surrounding buildings. Twenty minutes later, terrorists explode a highjacked tanker filled with highly toxic chemicals at the Seattle Ferry Terminal. Deadly gas soon permeates downtown Seattle. Emergency responders come in waves. Police and firemen, first to arrive, are quickly overwhelmed. The state deploys its 22-member Civil Support Team, a National Guard unit, to assess the damage and coordinate support. Later, 100 soldiers from a chemical battalion based in Yakima arrive to rescue, decontaminate and treat survivors. Finally, 5,000 troops arrive to handle logistics and security.

On Monday, May 5, the scenario shifts to Oregon where VX, the most toxic nerve agent ever synthesized, erupts from the Umatilla Army Depot. The next day, terrorists blow up a chemical tanker in Ferndale, Washington. The county sheriff requests national support, and a Marine Corps chemical warfare detachment from Ft. Lewis, Washington responds....

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
colombia.indymedia.org

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Is this really a possibility?

False flag operations are and have been used to cover a multitude of sins - but is the government so scared of protesters and activists that they would use an "exercise" as an excuse to halt a demo or use the new laws to arrest people?

There's not much time left, so maybe this time it won't happen - but it's also worth bearing mind for the future when "exercises" appear to coincide with peacefull protest...

www.opednews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would think that any organized mass gathering of persons from another country as a protest ,is and should be considered a act of terrorism.After all if/when we do this its called war.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deadcatsrule

Except it says NOTHING about people from other countries - it says it's a protest for the rights of immigrants - otherwise known as prospective citizens...

Nice welcome...

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
This is borderline retarded. You do not tell the responders there is a drill ahead of time. Then what do you do? go through the drill and pat yourself on the back because your numbers were so good?

I doubt its to harass protesters, but the whole premise could have been written on the first grade playground. Whatever happened to: Surprise! this is a drill and you are now participants. That is how you train responders. They have to prove they can think on their feet, not sleep through your script.

Why not just rig the horse races and lottery, if your going to rig the numbers for emergency responses.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I deal with a number of civilian 'governmental' emergency organizations on a peripheral level. I can promise you - THEY ALWAYS KNOW WELL IN ADVANCE of when these drills are happening. I can't say the same for the military or peace keeping forces, but as for civilian-level drills (hospitals, schools, etc.) they know in advance so they can plan for it. (ironically moronic, no?)

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
i know we had a local drill here last week. the topic was hijacked bus by terrorist with officers down. i was listening to the police scanner. every time they would dispatch an ambulance they would say officers down and then this is a drill !!! how can you judge response times if they say this is a drill???

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Agreed.

On the flip side of that, how do you prevent officers who develop an itchy trigger finger, after having heard that potentially one of their code blue cohorts have been brought down, from targeting any Tom, Dick and Harry that they may perceive as a threat withut making that notice?

AB1

[edit on 30-4-2008 by alphabetaone]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
fascinating... Washington D.C is preparing for a catastrophic hurricane huh? Of all the possible "terror" threats, they choose to go with catastrophic hurricane instead? Wierd.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Guys,

Have you ever wondered why they want to keep you scared?

And then get you used to it?

Sorry, but I'd have something to say if this was happening in MBY.

[edit on 30/4/2008 by budski]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The should have one for Dick Cheney getting drunk and finding the key to the National Guard armory.....

Hurricane when would that ever happen.....naw nothin to worry on. DC is mostly black?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
In answer to "When has a hurricane ever hit D.C."

Hurricane Hazel: 1958- 90 MPH gusts of wind, driving rains
Hurricane Isabel: 2003- 11 foot tidal surge to the Patomac basin, high damaging winds (was downgraded from a cat. 5 storm headed straight towards the coastline near the nation's capital a mere 72 hours before landfall. Had it kept its strength, D.C. would have seen firsthand what a devastating hurricane would do to the city.)

Here is a nice list of some of the worst ever to hit Virginia, many of which did impact the District.
www.vaemergency.com...

In response to the Seattle situation:

As a resident of the region and a person who has to commute along I-405 twice a day to get to work, I'm quite glad both of these events are scheduled for the same day. That leaves less of a window of inconvenience for those of us who actually do something productive (working) instead of wasting our day shouting, hoisting signs, blocking traffic, and generally being a pain in the butt to everyone who has a job to do. The US millitary is welcome to run whatever practice drills they see fit in the area. Afterall, they're the ones that are going to be blamed if we are ever attacked, so I'd rather see people criticize them for staying prepared now than criticizing them for not being prepared later.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by budski
Guys,

Have you ever wondered why they want to keep you scared?

And then get you used to it?

Sorry, but I'd have something to say if this was happening in MBY.

[edit on 30/4/2008 by budski]

Im hardly scared, fear mongering doesnt phase me

I live downtown seattle, I will let you all know if anything goes on tomorrow which i doubt

my wife works on the 18th floor right in the heart of it and hasnt seen any extra police, military or anything so far, if there was a drill to prepare for

but who knows

new topics

top topics

join