It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your bragging rights! Let's boost a little ego ...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
So far I have appeared in four feature TV shows and Movies.
"Brothers" "Spirit" "Hamlet II" "Breaking Bad"

Breaking Bad TV, has had its season finale. The rest of the Movies should be released this Summer.

I hope to soon get some small speaking parts.

Now with all the money I made, perhaps I can buy a tank of gas.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Adding another 2 cents worth lol.....

I have been published 3 times. One was a Christmas story for the local newspaper contest. Got a $100.00 gift certificate at Ace Hardware!
Another time I wrote a poem for the local newspaper contest and won a really expensive Roget's 11 thesaurus!
I also won an upside down pin-on watch from a Nursing Journal. Had to write in 25 words or less... Why I wanted to become a nurse.
I've saved a few lives through-out the years. Won't bore you with the details.

I made a life-size BigFoot for the Mayor's Office of Granite Falls and it was in their Railroad Day's parade! That thing took me a long time to sew all by hand. I used a ladies dress form fully extended, for the body base. Found a lamp shade at the Goodwill and papier mâché it for the head. I painted the head and covered parts of it with dark brown fur. It was attached on top and stood over 8 feet tall. Then I stuffed the whole thing with foam rubber and hand made the hands and feet. I covered the whole body with the brown fur which I bought at Hancock Fabric. It turned out a lot better than I thought it would. Some thought it was real from a distance.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This is me fighting with a mink (very sharp teeth). He wanted to steal my fish but failed. I kept that fish and gave him another. This photo is not arranged in any way. What you see it what really happened. I was young and stupid. Don't try this at home.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The greatest woman in the world is in love with me....lights up my world with no more than a smile....and all I have to do to make her happy is just be me.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My mother in law moved in with us a few weeks ago and I have not yet had a nervous breakdown.

I am extremely proud of this fact.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Now with all the money I made, perhaps I can buy a tank of gas.

Hon, what did you do, buy a Hummer?
I'll pitch in a dime if I have any left over from fueling my F. 150.

Congrats with the bragging part, go for it.
WIS

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I haven't punched anyone in over 30 years... does that count?

Other than that, I've single handedly replaced the 350 square meter roof on my house (phwew), completed a 50 hour sponsored pool (8 ball) marathon for charity (fantastic hallucinations), drove 750 miles in one go through europe without falling asleep at the wheel (s.portugal to n.france), got two of my friends togrther who now have a wonderful family and have smoked an ounce and a half of "black widow" in a day (more hallucinations)!

And I've only just started

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WalkInSilence
I love this thread.
We all have short-comings, I have more than I can count. :shk:

But here I get to tell you what I am proud about, I get to see what you guys take pride in.

Thanks
WIS

That was the intention ^_^

I'm glad so many have taken to it so well

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
1st place- Miss Dade County, 19__.

Lucky enough to have the best parents in the world. The best family and most fun.

Grandfather was of royal blood from Spain.

Had the chance to see lots of the world due to a great job i held for almost 18 years- the company is verywell known. You know PCWorld? Computerworld? Infoworld? International Data Group?

Also worked for two different airlines, saw more of the world.

Involved in theater for many years, local theaters. Never made it to Broadway. Had a chance to play 2 parts, one of them was Evita (as a cast member)

Worked in Cable tv at a newshow in Boston as on air talent for two years.

My friends like me (very important)

People see me as "wordly"
I guess flambuoyant is more like it!

It hasnt all been a big bouquet of Roses, but i wouldnt change it. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Its an ego trip thread after all/

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I've recently recieved some good news. A while back I entered a piece of computer artwork in a Veterans art show. It took a blue ribbon and went on to the state championships. Alas it didn't make it to the regionals but I feel proud of it none the less.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is a good idea.

I'll brag about my band and how far we've come in about 8 months. We have an album out, been on the radio, going on tour next month round the UK then heading over to mainland Europe for a tour early next year! The band is my life, I get to spend most of my life with my best friends, I get to meet some really nice people and I love it. Playing a gig is the best thing in the world.

And now for a shameless plug...

Divine Sinn - MySpace
Official Website

Cheers

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Man this is a pretty cool idea for a thread! I've been reading peoples achievements. I must say i'm impressed! I'll give a shot at bragging myself up a littlle!

I've been pretty happy as of latley. In the past year and a half i've pulled my self "out of the ashes" as one might say. I've gone from being a drug addicted loser to my glorious self. I've joined the Marines and also picked up a sport! I'm getting very good a MMA and have two (won!) official fights under my belt! I proudly carry the title of a mixed martial arts fighter! I can happily say I enjoy my life.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Awesomely great thread and wow, we've got a great bunch of achievers and happy folks on ATS
We all have a lot to be thankful for.

I will brag about my automobile racing

I started doing "driver's education" events with my local Porsche Club on a road track called Mid Ohio in '99. For those of you who don't know road tracks are not ovals like NASCAR, they have S turns, sharp corners, long strait-aways and are all shapes and lengths.

Since I have been doing it, I now qualify as an Instructor and some of the cool cars I have gotten to drive on tracks all over the U.S. are:

The Rothman's 956 Le Mans winner, serial #001

Group 44 Jag

The Sparco Evo

I have been very fortunate to also drive just about every Porsche model made, and quite a few street cars and non-street legal high end autos on tracks all over the country

On the front of my helmet is says: GIRLS RULE and on the back it says FUELED BY ESTROGEN

I love passing men, and beating men
My top speed was 175 mph down the strait at Roebling Roads...anyway, I love racing and I'm a big car freak

So that's what I will boast about

[edit on 18-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

[edit on 18-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

All i can say is..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I have met and authenticly spoken with people from all walks of life. Street people, several multi millionaires, ex-cons,a military missile specialialist, dog musher from france,a Senator, dead heads, Bishops, Viet nam Vets, drug dealers, A VP of an infamous motorcycle gang, a dude that made it legal for marijauna to be grown for personal use, and much more. I learned from each and every one of them.

My favorite was a wino at a Greyhound station in Nebraska some where. He asked me for some change, and I told him he probably had more money on him than did I. He offered me a swig of his vodka. I declined. He was a funny dude. He taught me that humor is good medicine.

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Hmmmm brag?

In 8th grade I was told I wouldn't graduate high school.

I did with a 1.8 gpa.

I failed 3 grades in high school. When I "officially" became a Junior in my senior year, I was advised to find a trade to work in, and not even apply to college.

I went to a community college, and dropped out.

However I made friends with many professors, they advised me to write papers on the history I studied. I was published in 2 journals and one paper. I was offered several scholarships to 3 different major universities, one in Ireland. I never graduated college, but at 21 own one company, employ 4 people and am in the process of starting a second commercial property development firm that will take off this fall.

At age 21 with no formal education I make more money then my parents combined income plus half. as my new company takes shape, I expect that to triple easily.

On ATS I probably have more warns, more post bans then any member. I also have currently 92 applauses and have recruited a total of 5 ATS members into the Brotherhood of Freemasonry.

Thats all I can think of to brag about. Of course, I could list my flaws and it could be 10 times longer.

Ah, I also speak Irish Gaelic (munster) and only know 4 other people who can claim that feat. (I still have problems spelling Irish words though)

[edit on 5/31/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on May, 31 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I can take some pride in the fact that I've finally finished my Avatar to my satisfaction. I am at present designing a series of spacecraft for my friends Star Trek role playing game and he's been very happy with them. I have a strange job. One that pays better than any other one that I've ever had.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

1st place- Miss Dade County, 19__.

Lucky enough to have the best parents in the world. The best family and most fun.

Grandfather was of royal blood from Spain.

Had the chance to see lots of the world due to a great job i held for almost 18 years- the company is verywell known. You know PCWorld? Computerworld? Infoworld? International Data Group?

Also worked for two different airlines, saw more of the world.

Involved in theater for many years, local theaters. Never made it to Broadway. Had a chance to play 2 parts, one of them was Evita (as a cast member)

Worked in Cable tv at a newshow in Boston as on air talent for two years.

My friends like me (very important)

People see me as "wordly"
I guess flambuoyant is more like it!

It hasnt all been a big bouquet of Roses, but i wouldnt change it. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Its an ego trip thread after all/

My great grandfather is of royal blood from Spain. Cousins?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Good idea... btw...

I'd say something I'm proud of is my faith in Jesus Christ...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Something has just come to my attention that I had really wished that I would have known about a month ago (Or much earlier) but nonetheless proud of. In earlier posts I had mentioned about entering some art in a Veterans art show. Well, I just got in my hands today a calendar. I would like to quote the calendar " This years calendar features artwork from veterans assigned to Department Of Veterans Affairs (VA) community Living center, Medical center, and outpatient programs". My second place artwork in the black and white competition is now the June 2008 calender photo. I know that it's not just a local publication since I'm in Wisconsin and there are winning entrys that made it to the calendar from other states. So I'm proud to say that I'm Mr. June 2008!! My friends are just gonna have a bird when they hear this!!
In a weird way, I am now published.

Edited to add:
By the way I finally located the Jpeg of the one computer artwork that went on to the regionals.
Crystal Dreams

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Deson]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join