It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your bragging rights! Let's boost a little ego ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I'm creating this thread for one reason and one reason only: To give every ATS member a chance to brag about anything they wish to brag about. If you have done something that you are proud of and you want people to know about it, here is the place! Regardless of whether you think anyone else would be interested, if you think it's awesome, let us know!

Forget modesty, forget shame, just let loose your achievements

You may have beaten your high score in a computer game, or finally learnt that insanely hard song on guitar, or your wife may have just given birth to a beautiful baby girl, ANYTHING can be bragged about here.

Hopefully this will get some people happy and feeling good about themselves (y)

I'll go first!

After spending 1.5 years in a small pub with little to no business, I have been sent to a very professional bar/restaurant in the city. The standards are amazingly high and they only want the best. I am very proud to say that both the managers and customers have been giving me excellent feedback about my bartendering and I couldn't be happier. I find being a bartender incredibly fullfilling, I absolutely love it, and to finally be doing it in a professional and high-profile establishment is just awesome.

Okay, YOUR turn!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toy_soldier
I find being a bartender incredibly fullfilling, I absolutely love it, and to finally be doing it in a professional and high-profile establishment is just awesome.

Okay, YOUR turn!

Kudos to you, it's the person behind the bar that really makes the establishment.
I appreciate a good bartender.

I don't know that I have a lot to brag about, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm very proud that I have been with my husband for over 18 years and we very rarely disagree or fight. We seem to grow closer as the years go by.

As far as work goes, I babysit about 30 tenants in rental units and manage to defuse fights, solve problems, do upkeep, and try to keep them happy.

I represent tenants and landlords in Court and at the Landlord/Tenant Tribunal. I prefer to be at the defense table, but I prosecute just as well.

I'm running 100% on my cases, I've never lost.
Though I am a little worried about whether I'll win one I have coming up the first week of May. My evidence is weak, but I'll go at it like a pit bull on a prime rib roast and see what the Judge decides.

Wish me luck.....

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Wish me luck.....

Good Luck!

What do I have to brag about? That I managed to live to my mid 40's!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

These are absolutely perfect things to brag about.

Jolly good show on your relationship with your husband. It makes me happy to see couples happy together, even more so after so long!

Good luck with your cases! But by the sounds of it you don't really need it

Thanks for the kudos. You'll be amazed at how much complimenting/generous tipping will get you much better service at a bar
So next time you're in brisbane, your first round is on me

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

haha, well done mate. I was pretty stoked to make it into my 20's, I'll let you know when I'm up to my 40's. Only 19 years to go.

I hope you keep up the good work

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
The thing is, I usually avoid people that brag because they are usually full of hot air amongst other things.

I never really think of anything in my life worth bragging about.
Only thing that comes to mind , especially on here, is that I have been a member for only a year and have over 5000 posts. I don't know who else has done that except for perhaps SKYFLOATING.(Probably more).
I have had the pleasure of meeting the THREE AMIGOS, as well as a few Mods, and they are all fabulous people.
Geez..I feel like a schmuck talking like this..
Enough bragging for AD..it doesn't feel right. I'm too damn humble.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
One of the reasons I created this thread was to give a chance to those who don't usually brag to let it all out and tell the world what they're proud of and let everyone know of their achievements, whatever they may be.

I can understand if it's not something you really feel comfortable with personally though and it's just not the person you are, so I appreciate your effort.

Anyways, what you were bragging about was very appropriate, I say well done to you!

Just to clarify, this thread isn't about belittling anyone or making yourself feel ABOVE or superior to anyone else. It's just to make people feel good through something they've accomplished.

EDIT: To add some emoticons, because I feel I was a bit too cold without them

[edit on 30-4-2008 by Toy_soldier]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I do a little CGI artwork for my own amusement. I've recently came across a 3 year old piece of artwork dealing with a landing craft called "The Raven." I look at that and what I find myself thinking is that "man, you've come a long ways. Not perfect by any means but much more improved. Not bad for being self taught. " That design has now gone through at least 6 modifications (and upgrades) since then.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I probably shouldn't brag about this, but I just have to...

A couple of weekends ago...

The wife and I were in the bedroom and all the clothes were just thrown all over the place... we had music playing...

Hey, get your mind outta the gutter, we were painting her closet...

Turned out quite nice if I do say so myself.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Oh man i havnt bragged in a long time, but id like to brag about how cute my kids are.

Id also like to brag about my new found tattooing skills

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This happened to me a long time ago, but I will never forget it. I was at home and had the front door open, because it was really warm that day. All of a sudden the neighbors from across the street came running, into my house screaming! An elderly woman with her dope addict daughter. I knew the daughter had a two year old son, but he wasn't with them. They were both screaming almost to the point of being hysterical. Finally the old woman calmed down enough so I could understand what the heck was going on. She hurriedly told me that her daughter got drugs from dealers and didn't pay them! The dope dealers climbed up a tree next to their house and are in the babies bedroom! The daughter said they threatened to kill her son, if she doesn't pay them now.

Without thinking I told them to stay at my house and call the cops, while I ran across the street to their house. The door was open and the stairs going up to the babies bedroom were right there. I think I skipped 3 stairs at a time and ran into the babies room. The little guy was standing up in his crib and just smiling at me. I heard whispers coming from his closet and seen dirty footprints leading to it. The window by the big tree was open. I grabbed the little guy his name was Tony and flew down the stairs! Looked both ways and darted back, across the street to my house.
Tony was laughing and thought it was all just a game.

I found out neither the mother or the daughter called the cops.

The old lady didn't want her daughter getting into trouble for buying dope!
I called the cops and told them my neighbors house was broken into and perpetrator's were still in there. I was so mad at the mother and daughter and told them their going to have to explain this to the cops or I WILL!

Tony would be a young man today and I always wonder how's he's doing. I will never forget his sweet little smile.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

I'm very proud that I have been with my husband for over 18 years and we very rarely disagree or fight. We seem to grow closer as the years go by.

Not so fast honey, it was 19 years as of last March 1st.
How quickly you forget.

My point of pride is that anxietydisorder always knows that I have his back and will always be there for him. I also know he'll kick ass on the 8th, he worries too much before each court date but walks away with a little grin on his face.

But to brag i don't know, I just do my thing and have lots of good friends.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I once killed a gopher with a stick!!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Today, I smiled about nothing and lived to post about this small detail.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This one is all mine. 1st place. Number one. WooHoo!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I rode my bicycle half way across Florida once. It was daylight when I left and dark when I returned home and I had no headlamp or flashlight.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I managed to get dressed this morning,all by myself

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I managed to get dressed this morning,all by myself

If I were a mod, I'd give you applause.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Well first off I got a new puppy...4 month old German Shepard/Boxer mix
Then I got a 29 on my ACT, YAY!
And tomorrow I get my class ring!!!!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ooooh, this is gonna be fun...

I'm a member of Rhode Island Mensa

I've traveled to various locations in the world, including Hong Kong, London, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and Antigua.

I'm in a strong career while never attending college. This career has allowed me to travel to all of the above locations.

I've recently been accepted to an Ivy League university to finally get my undergraduate degree, and I plan on continuing towards a PhD eventually.

My girlfriend recently got an awesome job. She gets to paint prototype toys at Hasbro. Sometimes she comes home with very cool toys and info on new toys.

And 3 years ago I was flipping burgers making minimum wage plus tips.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join