It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When to Bug Out?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
My wife and I are big believers in the Peak Oil Crisis. (Imagine an X-Files/Agent Mulder type poster but instead reads "I don't want to believe...but" and instead of a UFO there is an oilrig!)

In any case, we have a great plan in place and are collecting the needed resources to take care of our family in the event of a sudden Oil-Shock in which society does not recover. The only thing is the question of timing.

It seems there is a lot of guess work to what that "event" is... so when does one bug-out? One would feel foolish for example if Iran and the U.S. have a confrontation and you bug-out, only having to return home in a few days feeling foolish! : )

Scenerios to consider?Thoughts? All would be helpful to get my neurons firing!!

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by murkywater

The time to bug out is when it's no longer safe or viable to remain in your home.

Some scenarios where you might want to consider bugging out are organized round ups of citizens during times of martial law, large groups of looters in your area, or you run out of food and water and must begin scavenging for survival.

Having a well-outfitted bug out bag for each member of your family would be advisable for such emergencies. There are numerous posts in the forum on the types of items each bag should have.

Here's a couple of links to start you off

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4/30/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Your chances of survival are increased when you know your surroundings and are prepared. Lloyd's examples are good ones but it's also important to know when to maintain in your own area with known individuals and resources. The question should always be - Is it safer to stay or safer to go? But, if you are going to go, don't dawdle or you'll just be a sitting duck in a traffic jam of panicked people.

[edit on 30/4/08 by kosmicjack]

new topics

join