It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reservoir Surveillance and Barriers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A few miles from my house lies the community reservoir. Some time ago ( within a few years) a series of mysterious structures (or towers) was built on and near the dam. I suspect they have something to do with security, possibly related to post 9-11 fears. Each has a tinted globe which probably houses a camera. I also see elevated platforms, lights and possibly sensors. Some of you may have never seen such a thing and others may know just what these are and what they are for. It may not be visible or obvious but there's also a giant concrete block in the path to the control building atop the dam, presumably to stop any vehicles from ramming the structure. Any enlightenment and discussion is welcome.

The first tower is pictured. The second tower is below the rightmost arrow over the tree. The third tower is below the innermost arrow on the dam:

First Tower

Second Tower

Third Tower

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Looks someone has been busy spending their homeland security grant. Does the dam feed a major metropolitan area downstream?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Looks like normal equipment to me. A few of the images didn't load for me but what I saw were just radio antennae and cameras allowing ole' Joe to do his job without ever having to stand up. But there isn't near this much security at my local reservoir.

*edit* Picture eleven shows a motion sensor instead of the camera I suspected... That setup is new to me.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by beaverg]

[edit on 30-4-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Wow. I've been to a lot of resevours but I've never seen anything remotely close to that level of security. I don't think it's anything sinister though, just an example of a state with a LOT of homeland security dollars to spend.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
yes i have to agree with the other posters, it is prob an important water source, and they got some homeland security bucks to spend.

snoopyuk

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Those domes are definitely cameras. Not sure what make and model they are, but they are definitely "Homeland Security Specials." Alot of the cities that are starting to use cameras on the streets use the exact same ones. They've got pan/tilt/zoom capabilities, usually in color, and are pretty good in low-light conditions.

The motion detectors might be for the floodlights, if they aren't always on. Either that, or it would send an alarm to the camera operator if someone is approaching. But either way, while you were taking pictures of the camera, it was probably taking pictures of you!!

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I think possibly I wanted whoever monitors the cameras to know I was watching him back. I'm sure in the UK you are used to seeing cameras everywhere you go, but not so for me. I think we should look back at the government at least as much as they look at us. What if every community had a corp of technically- minded volunteers whose job it was to keep an eye on the government's actions? I'd like the police to feel under the eye of citizens all the time. If citizens must feel paranoid let's spread around the ill feeling! Let those in government know what it feels like to be under scrutiny all the time.

new topics

top topics

join